Replacement Screws

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PrincessGarbage

Reaction score
Okay, so I have had some problems with some recent purchases. Both screws on my Mothra were unusable, and one on my Morino was as well.

All of the topics on this subject are kind of very vague or have outdated information. There has GOT to be a way to get the proper size screws for the Tama's battery plate. There appear to be some replacement screws on Rakuten, but the shipping is a little ridiculous. 2,000 yen to get some screws overseas seems a little bit exorbitant.

Do the knockoff multipets on eBay have the right size screws? I will gladly cannibalize some for parts and maybe even do a log of that mess.

Is it possible to get Phillips screws with the right measurements? I know JIS and Phillips don't get along too great sometimes. And if not, is it possible to get JIS screws in the right size?

I feel like we should get a definitive answer on here.

japanyouwant sells screws, I think. Got some from somebody on ebay, anyway.

the screws were maybe... $4 after shipping for two.

This is a problem I'm having lately as well. From what I gather the ancestors fall into two broad categories - you have the P1/P2s which have comparatively large screws compared to anything following them (Angel/Ocean etc). Managed to get a whole bunch of replacement screws from my local jeweler but they don't fit my P1/P2s, only everything else. Tempted to take a chance with a replacement screw kit off Amazon but that's a comparatively large amount of money for what is essentially a gamble.

The screws you're looking for are a 1.5x5mm screw, they are like eyeglasses but have longer shafts. If you use eyeglass screws the shafts are too short to go through the backplate of the tama and into the main tama structure itself. Ebay sells these screws at 200pc for about 8$ and something. It's a good deal and you'll never need to buy more again. With me being a buyer and refurbish seller the larger packs are ideal.

If you are looking for smaller packs, Amazon sells sets of 10 and 40 for not too bad of a price, but there's benefits in bulk buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back