Rereleases: Exactly how many snacks?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bentobuff

Reaction score
Due to how no one's experiences seem to match up to the general rule of thumb, I decided to conduct an experiment!

I'd appreciate it if anyone who wants to help could share these details with me- even if it's incomplete, if you have any concrete details, that might be able to help šŸ’–

How to get the non-care related details:
I held down B and C and pressed reset. The screen went black. I thought I broke it again, but then I hit A and the screen changed to a checkerboard pattern. I pressed B and it changed, then I hit C and it changed again. Here is the weird part. When I hit A on the fourth screen the words ā€œVer 5ā€ appeared. Iā€™ll try to upload a picture. So I started fooling around with it on that screen. I eventually pressed B and C at the same time. Then ANOTHER screen popped up and it said ā€œ0956 KHzā€. What does a tamagotchi have to do with kilohertz? Then I pressed A and it showed the following string of numbers and letters: ā€œ00E27B46ā€

To view the chart*:
https://www.evernote.com/shard/s126...000481fd2322/42f5861bbc7874afb5b91a20d8e29564
I'm in the middle of trying to perfect care a digimon, so as soon as I get that character, I'll boot up my gen1 rerelease back up.

I will note the table is through a link ONLY because TT won't let me edit posts after a certain length of time; this is to ensure anyone who finds this thread years down the road can just look at it already made. I've been using EN for ~10 years now, and I think they'll be around for a good long while yet.

Last edited:
So you're trying to find the exact amount of snacks you've fed it?

Or are you trying to find the perfect number of snacks it should be fed?
There seems to be discrepancies between the amount of snacks that's lethal to the re-releases. I'm trying to see what connections there might be regarding that, and figure out why there's such a range. Depending on what we can compile and look at, it has the potential to help everyone figure out how to optimize their tama's care, especially if they hate the minigame.
My hypothesis is that it's based off of whatever rom version it is, which we can check in test mode. That said, if it's not, the data will show such.

There seems to be discrepancies between the amount of snacks that's lethal to the re-releases. I'm trying to see what connections there might be regarding that, and figure out why there's such a range. Depending on what we can compile and look at, it has the potential to help everyone figure out how to optimize their tama's care, especially if they hate the minigame.
My hypothesis is that it's based off of whatever rom version it is, which we can check in test mode. That said, if it's not, the data will show such.
Ah ok. You might need to do a complete ROM dump, but I'm no expert at that

Ah ok. You might need to do a complete ROM dump, but I'm no expert at that
Why can't those of us who have remakes just track how many snacks we feed them, their evolution paths, and share that info along with the Rom version (shared as the quote from another thread in my initial post) and sleuth it out that way, red string on the conspiracy theory board style? I imagine if even a handful of people with remake tamas help out, we could get a lot of insight and make it at least a little more coherent for others.
If I could do a ROM dump, I would but I don't have the skills, time to get said skills(other priorities), nor funds(on a budget) alloted for all that stuff. And I feel like if there was a ROM dump of the remakes, more people would know about it, and there wouldn't still be this confusion. And yes, I googled to see if there was a ROM dump, I couldn't find anything of value for the re-releases.

And all that said, this way also gives people who aren't inclined to hack their tamas a way to participate, too.

Why can't those of us who have remakes just track how many snacks we feed them, their evolution paths, and share that info along with the Rom version (shared as the quote from another thread in my initial post) and sleuth it out that way, red string on the conspiracy theory board style? I imagine if even a handful of people with remake tamas help out, we could get a lot of insight and make it at least a little more coherent for others.
If I could do a ROM dump, I would but I don't have the skills, time to get said skills(other priorities), nor funds(on a budget) alloted for all that stuff. And I feel like if there was a ROM dump of the remakes, more people would know about it, and there wouldn't still be this confusion. And yes, I googled to see if there was a ROM dump, I couldn't find anything of value for the re-releases.

And all that said, this way also gives people who aren't inclined to hack their tamas a way to participate, too.
Oh didn't think of that šŸ˜…

I need to take a break from programming and think of real life solutions

I have a P2 rerelease but I moved recently and it's probably boxed up. If I find it I'll boot it upšŸ‘

Latest posts

Back