rjalda100's Long Lived Oldie Log

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rjalda100

Reaction score
Hello! It's been quite some time since I last logged here or was even active at all but I've decided to resume logging with something I've been wanting to try again for a while.

I'm not sure how many people remember my first log (it was back in 2016, after all), but quite a bit of it centered around a V3 I was raising as an oldie. I ended up keeping that V3 alive for well over a (human) year, and for quite a bit now have been wanting to try it again. I actually did do it last year with one of my V2s, an Ojitchi named Ricky who accidentally died at age 105. Well now, I'm ready to raise another oldie. I chose this tropical V2 to house it:

image1.jpeg

I chose that tama because it is already pretty worn, and when I run oldies I take them everywhere with me. So I won't have to worry about this one getting scratched up or faded because it already is. I initially was going to reset it and start fresh, but I last left off with a Ginjirotchi on it and Ginjirotchi is one of my all time favourite characters. I couldn't possibly bear to reset one. So instead I married her off and her baby boy will be the future oldie:

image0+%25281%2529.jpeg

I'm thinking of naming him Ricky, which is also what my previous V2 oldie was named. Ricky the 1st lived to be 105, so maybe Ricky the 2nd can have even better luck! For now there's not much to be done with this tama, but I'll be back to update again once he is left on his own.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello! As promised, I'm back with some updates as my previous character has left and I now have Ricky, oldest tama to be, in my care.

Before I begin with the main part of the log, I wanted to share a bit about my previous oldies that I've had - I love raising oldies, and Ricky will actually be my fourth long lived one. My first ever oldie run was my blue bubbles V3, Ilse, who to date remains the oldest tama I have ever raised and probably one of the oldest Connection era tamas to live - I don't know anyone else who has actually gotten as far. She lived to around 390 or so before I deactivated her because life was getting too busy at that point and I was worried about her dying. She never actually died, but has been in stasis ever since and probably will remain that way. I was digging through old photos and found this one that I had taken on her 365th birthday, or her first human year:

image2.jpeg

I kept her going for about another month after I took that photo and then stopped. For the next two years after it, I didn't run any more oldies, but then early last year I had been running a pair of twin V2s and they both turned into Ojitchis accidentally after I kept missing the matchmaker. They were named Jazz and Ricky and this was them at age 50:

image3.jpeg

Unfortunately, Jazz died the next day at age 51 after I'd changed his time while I was at work and forgot to change it back after I got home. Ricky, however, survived another 55 days and made it to age 105, only my second tama ever to surpass the age of 100. I took this on the day he turned 99:

image1+%25281%2529.jpeg

Amazing that he survived that long when he was never intended to be an oldie in the first place. His oldie-hood was accidental, but I still wanted to see how far he could go. 105 was a great run indeed and his death was equally as accidental - he died because I forgot to turn his light out one night and he'd already been sick a few times so he was already weakened by that point. Single most important thing if you are running oldies: turn that darn light off because they can only handle so many care misses before it's essentially game over.

Now, onto the actual main focus of the log. Yesterday was a rather uneventful day as my previous generation Ginjirotchi, Agnes, was still sticking around. Here she is on a little UFO vacation with her son:

image0+%25282%2529.jpeg

At 11:59pm, however, it was finally time for her to depart. Here she is saying goodbye to baby Ricky before departing, and then Ricky in the morning after he realized he was all alone:

image4.jpeg

image5.jpeg

At 9:05am, Ricky was named and ready to start his new life:

image6.jpeg

image7.jpeg

Just like Ricky the 1st, Ricky the 2nd will not be a first generation oldie. He is actually the 6th generation; I believe the first Ricky was 3rd or 4th generation. Him being the 6th generation means that he got some good care/healthy genes passed down to him. He's the child of two good care parents, so when it was time for him to evolve into a toddler, he evolved into:

image8.jpeg

Kuribotchi! One of the healthiest toddlers on the V2 and also one of the cutest. For now he's quite chill and not doing too much, not that tama toddlers ever are too eventful. I did get bored last night and made this case for his shell:

image9.jpeg

Not perfect by any means but it's soft and provides the shell with a little extra protection so it's not being banged around. This is going to be a long-term run, so I figured I wanted at least some kind of case on it. I have some of the hard shell ones, but I wanted something soft. So this shall suffice. Anyway, this log entry is getting long enough so I think I shall end it here. Thank you everyone who liked my previous post, I'm excited to share Ricky with you all and I'm hoping he has it in him to stand up there with some of my previous oldest tama records. Until next time, bye for now!

Back again with another update. Yesterday was rather uneventful as Ricky was in the toddler stage and didn't do a whole lot. I did take advantage of the nice weather, went out for a walk, and brought him along:

image0+%25284%2529.jpeg

image0+%25283%2529.jpeg

Unfortunately, one kinda bad thing happened. I dropped my V2 and the battery became dislodged, which meant I had to reset and download Ricky. The last save point had been nearly 5 hours prior when he'd first evolved into a toddler, so he lost almost 5 hours of growth time. He didn't evolve into a teen until 2:30pm today, even though he would've normally evolved at 10am. He also won't age up now until nearly 5 hours after he's supposed to. For some reason, it's STILL saying he's 0 years now even after he's evolved into a teen. Weird glitch and I suppose a lesson that I should probably be more careful.

Anyway, as I just said, Ricky is now a teen. He evolved about 15 minutes ago into...

image2+%25281%2529.jpeg

Young Mimitchi! Continuing along with the good care pattern. I'd been hoping for Ichigotchi, my favourite character, but Young Mimitchi will suffice. We checked the shop and there was an action figure in it - I'd previously only had the bear on this tama, which Ricky didn't like playing with as it is meant for girls. The action figure made him much happier:

image3+%25281%2529.jpeg

image4+%25281%2529.jpeg

Not sure which adult I'm aiming for - a full sized Mimitchi would be cool, but I'm not quite so sure I have it in me to go for perfect care. I may just give the care I'd normally give and let Ricky surprise me. V2s can definitely be pretty unpredictable at times and sometimes it's fun to just sit back and let it surprise me.

It's been a busy few days and I don't have pictures today because I'm too tired to transfer them onto my computer. I'll very likely be back tomorrow and will post them then. Ricky is still doing just fine, he's 4 years old now and evolved into a Dorotchi! I absolutely adore Dorotchi, so I'm glad I got an adult character I really like because I'm obviously going to be keeping him right through to age 10 and not marrying him. Also, his aging troubles seem to be resolved. He's still 5 hours behind because of the reset and download, but he's the age he's supposed to be which is 4 today so I'm no longer worrying. 

That's all really, not much else to report. The V2 life is an easy one indeed - it's always been my favourite tama to run when I'm especially busy because it doesn't need a whole lot and can survive just fine on the bare minimum care-wise. But yeah, that's pretty much all there is to update on. Ricky's fine and surviving on the one checkup every 2-3 hours I typically give him. His weight's a bit high because I've been stuffing him with snacks a lot, but that's about it. Until next time.

Whew, long time no update. I've just been really busy but the good thing is that Ricky is still around and I've been caring for him without issue. I mentioned in my last post that for his adult stage he'd evolved into a Dorotchi, and here is a photo I took during that stage:

image0+%25285%2529.jpeg

I sadly did not take many pictures while he was in this stage, which I regret because Dorotchi is one of my favourite characters. He has now been an oldie for about a week; this is how he appears now:

image1+%25282%2529.jpeg

Unfortunately, battery mishaps have led to his age getting a bit behind. I was having some issues with this tama at the beginning because it kept shutting off and sometimes would tell me the battery was dead even with a brand new battery. I opened it up and cleaned the battery contacts and that seems to have fixed the problem, for now at least. Fingers crossed it doesn't happen again because I'd really like for this tama not to be defective on me. 

image2+%25282%2529.jpeg

Ricky's "official" age, how it appears on the tama, is 15. However, he would actually be 18 if the battery glitches had not happened. For convenience's sake, I'm going to keep going by what the tama says, even though he is in fact older. 

Not much else to report on, really. The senior stage is perhaps the most laid back stage of any tama - Ricky only requires care about every 3-4 hours (he drops one hungry heart and one happy heart after this time). He has never been sick and has never had a care miss - not once from the time he was born. Because of this, I think he has it in him to go for a long time. I will try to update as often as I can, mostly to help keep track of his age and whatever else I feel like sharing. Until next time, bye!

Press the C buton for close-up if he is an oldie or an adult!

Whew, long time no update. I've just been really busy but the good thing is that Ricky is still around and I've been caring for him without issue. I mentioned in my last post that for his adult stage he'd evolved into a Dorotchi, and here is a photo I took during that stage:

image0+%25285%2529.jpeg

I sadly did not take many pictures while he was in this stage, which I regret because Dorotchi is one of my favourite characters. He has now been an oldie for about a week; this is how he appears now:

image1+%25282%2529.jpeg

Unfortunately, battery mishaps have led to his age getting a bit behind. I was having some issues with this tama at the beginning because it kept shutting off and sometimes would tell me the battery was dead even with a brand new battery. I opened it up and cleaned the battery contacts and that seems to have fixed the problem, for now at least. Fingers crossed it doesn't happen again because I'd really like for this tama not to be defective on me.

image2+%25282%2529.jpeg

Ricky's "official" age, how it appears on the tama, is 15. However, he would actually be 18 if the battery glitches had not happened. For convenience's sake, I'm going to keep going by what the tama says, even though he is in fact older.

Not much else to report on, really. The senior stage is perhaps the most laid back stage of any tama - Ricky only requires care about every 3-4 hours (he drops one hungry heart and one happy heart after this time). He has never been sick and has never had a care miss - not once from the time he was born. Because of this, I think he has it in him to go for a long time. I will try to update as often as I can, mostly to help keep track of his age and whatever else I feel like sharing. Until next time, bye!
Haha, this thing reminds me of Mahatma Gandhi without a body nor hands, and his idle animation seems like a 'stonks' grandfather!

Hello! It's been quite some time since I last logged here or was even active at all but I've decided to resume logging with something I've been wanting to try again for a while.

I'm not sure how many people remember my first log (it was back in 2016, after all), but quite a bit of it centered around a V3 I was raising as an oldie. I ended up keeping that V3 alive for well over a (human) year, and for quite a bit now have been wanting to try it again. I actually did do it last year with one of my V2s, an Ojitchi named Ricky who accidentally died at age 105. Well now, I'm ready to raise another oldie. I chose this tropical V2 to house it:

image1.jpeg

I chose that tama because it is already pretty worn, and when I run oldies I take them everywhere with me. So I won't have to worry about this one getting scratched up or faded because it already is. I initially was going to reset it and start fresh, but I last left off with a Ginjirotchi on it and Ginjirotchi is one of my all time favourite characters. I couldn't possibly bear to reset one. So instead I married her off and her baby boy will be the future oldie:

image0+%25281%2529.jpeg

I'm thinking of naming him Ricky, which is also what my previous V2 oldie was named. Ricky the 1st lived to be 105, so maybe Ricky the 2nd can have even better luck! For now there's not much to be done with this tama, but I'll be back to update again once he is left on his own.
Goodbye ginjirotchi, but hello Petitchi!

Back again with another update. Yesterday was rather uneventful as Ricky was in the toddler stage and didn't do a whole lot. I did take advantage of the nice weather, went out for a walk, and brought him along:

image0+%25284%2529.jpeg
image0+%25283%2529.jpeg

Unfortunately, one kinda bad thing happened. I dropped my V2 and the battery became dislodged, which meant I had to reset and download Ricky. The last save point had been nearly 5 hours prior when he'd first evolved into a toddler, so he lost almost 5 hours of growth time. He didn't evolve into a teen until 2:30pm today, even though he would've normally evolved at 10am. He also won't age up now until nearly 5 hours after he's supposed to. For some reason, it's STILL saying he's 0 years now even after he's evolved into a teen. Weird glitch and I suppose a lesson that I should probably be more careful.

Anyway, as I just said, Ricky is now a teen. He evolved about 15 minutes ago into...

image2+%25281%2529.jpeg

Young Mimitchi! Continuing along with the good care pattern. I'd been hoping for Ichigotchi, my favourite character, but Young Mimitchi will suffice. We checked the shop and there was an action figure in it - I'd previously only had the bear on this tama, which Ricky didn't like playing with as it is meant for girls. The action figure made him much happier:

image3+%25281%2529.jpeg
image4+%25281%2529.jpeg

Not sure which adult I'm aiming for - a full sized Mimitchi would be cool, but I'm not quite so sure I have it in me to go for perfect care. I may just give the care I'd normally give and let Ricky surprise me. V2s can definitely be pretty unpredictable at times and sometimes it's fun to just sit back and let it surprise me.
The thing when starting the game reminds me of a tamatchi!

My first emojigotchi! :babytchi: A shirobabytchi! If he arrives on the connection, the sprites are updated. The sad pose reminds me of Petitchi crying!(The modificated comment is where, when you are new, if you comment, itwill be modded and be invisible until the next time I make a log!

My first emojigotchi! :babytchi: A shirobabytchi! If he arrives on the connection, the sprites are updated. The sad pose reminds me of Petitchi crying!(The modificated comment is where, when you are new, if you comment, itwill be modded and be invisible until the next time I make a log!
Hello @babytchi96. Please can you stop making multiple posts in a row - I just had to merge five of them. There is an edit button on each of your posts if you need to add to a comment that you've already made before someone else replies to it.

Also, you aren't posting logs - you're posting random replies in other people's logs. Posting a log is when one opens their own thread to keep a Tamagotchi diary. ;))

Latest posts

Back