Rjalda100's Virtual Zoo: Volume 3.5

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello! A few evolutions to share with you today, none of which are particularly exciting but still worth a note as evolutions always are. Other than that, my tamas are mostly the same.

V1 - Dara

Like I said in my previous entry, I was positive I'd taken the best care of Dara I could possibly do. Her hearts never dropped, her weight was kept at the base weight, and her training bar was completely full. So, er, I'm just going to let this picture speak for itself:

dara6.jpeg
*headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk*

V1s baffle me because of how sensitive they are. The absolute only thing I can think of is when her happy hearts dropped because she was connecting with Alexi and lost the minigame. Like I said, that's a really stupid thing to penalize for, but it definitely looks like it did because I'm positive I did not miss anything else. I'm going to keep that in mind next time and perhaps wait until they're adults to connect them. I really like the V1 and how simple and laid back it is, but when it comes to obtaining perfect care adults, it's so difficult. I'm glad they made the versions that came after it less sensitive because I think I'd be driven bonkers all the time if my V2 was like this.

V2 #1 - Alexi

Okay, I didn't actually think I treated Alexi THAT horribly, since like I said he was never sick and his hearts dropped to one full a bunch of times but they never completely emptied.

alexi6.jpeg
I actually do like Gozarutchi, though I've had quite a few of them, especially lately, so I would have liked to have a different character. Oh well, the bright side here is that since both Dara and Alexi turned into characters I didn't want, I will have no qualms about marrying them off early via connection. I may even do it tomorrow since they only need to be adults for 24 hours before they can marry.

V2 #2 - Celia

Well, at least I don't have two Memetchis at once now. B was a Memetchi just like Dara, but she left last night, leaving baby Celia in my care. That was both the first name to pop into my head and a name starting with C, so it kind of continues my little theme? Either way, little Celia is now a Marutchi.

celia1.jpeg
celia2.jpeg
celia3.jpeg
She's a little heavy at the moment, but that can be worked on. I can't remember who her parent married, but it must have been someone unhealthy, because otherwise there wouldn't have been a reason for Celia not to become Kinakomotchi/Kuribotchi. Her parent was a good care adult with full training, so again this ties in with my little experiments that the toddler you get is not strictly based on the health of the parent you raised, but on the health of the character they married as well. Kind of interesting, it's almost like little tama-genetics going on here.

Going off of my past experiences, I know that Marutchi WILL turn into one of the lower-tier teens no matter how I care for it. So I'm not too optimistic in that department but it's not a huge deal. Am I looking too far into this? Perhaps, but I like experimentation and I've always found the randomness of the early Connection versions really interesting, especially with all the little quirks like the ones I've been outlining here. The early Connections (V1-V3) happen to be my favourites, so I'm hoping maybe people can learn more about them by reading my log.

P2

Pochitchi continues to do very well. No photos today because he looks exactly the same and doesn't do a whole ton besides just chilling on the screen most of the time. He's cute though, I really like having him around. He's 8 years old today and though I'd probably be okay to now, I've not been feeding him snacks because I'm still paranoid about that. He is not showing any signs of neediness yet and it should still be a while before that starts happening. I've read that Pochitchi lives, on average, to about 18-20 so I should still have him for the next week or two.

iD

Kikitchi is still doing well. He should receive his final happy stamp and be ready to marry off tomorrow. Today I mostly worked on finding his first three happy stamps, of which I found two, the remote control car and... whatever the food in the second picture is called (I do not read Japanese so I don't actually know):

id50.jpeg
id51.jpeg
I haven't found the third one yet, but I suspect it's either a clothing item or one of the donuts (which are a royal pain when they happen to be happy symbols because you gotta keep changing the time over and over until the right one pops up). It's not the hat he's wearing, that just happens to be a download item I've been using on most of my adult characters (save for Chamametchi who disliked it) to get more in the festive spirit :D .

Anyway, it looks like long-winded log entries have been my thing lately, whoops. I don't believe there will be much to report on with my tamas tomorrow, so I may or may not be back. Either way, I'm sure they will all continue to do just fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for being inactive these past few days. I've still been running tamas but mostly in the background because I've simply been too busy. They haven't been receiving the best care because of this, which some of the evolutions I'm about to share will reflect. I also turned off one of the V2s, so now I've just got four tamas going, two connections, my rerelease P2, and my iD.

V1 - Leona

Dara and Alexi got married a few days ago and had baby girls. I took Alexi's battery out because it was getting to be a bit much and I already have another V2 going anyway. My orange glitter V1 is remaining on the go and I intend to keep it running for the next while because it is a personal favourite of mine. So that means, of course, that Dara's baby girl did get to continue. I named her Leona, and she marks the ninth generation on this tama.

leona2.jpeg
leona3.jpeg
She was the offspring of a second-tier adult and a bottom-tier adult (Memetchi and Gozarutchi), so really, her evolution could have gone either way health-wise. She chose the unhealthy route and turned into first a Marutchi, then a Hinotamatchi.

leona1.jpeg
It seems like my log is becoming me rambling about random V1/V2 growth theories (and I apologize if you don't find it as interesting as I do), but here's what I think: marrying a bottom-tier adult, IF your adult is second-tier or lower, will always result in Marutchi the next generation. Marrying a bottom-tier adult when you have a top tier adult will still result in Kinakomotchi (I know this, because I did it a few generations ago). I always knew the V1 was really picky, but now I'm starting to notice that it is even more finicky than I had initially thought.

My next goal is going to be to attempt to get a top tier adult. In all of my time running V1s, I've only ever done it twice because of how attentive you have to be and the weird things it penalizes for.

V2 - Celia

Celia evolved into Oniontchi (surprise, surprise) and then Masktchi. I just had another Masktchi on my V1 pretty recently so she will be living in the costume until she's ready to marry:

celia4.jpeg
celia5.jpeg
Like I said earlier, I wasn't really giving her my full attention, so I'm not too surprised she turned into the unhealthiest character. The costume item is a very useful item indeed. I can't even marry her off early since both of my running connections are girls, so I'll just deal.

P2

Pochitchi is 13 and still doing fine. His hearts drop a little faster than they did before, though not by much.

p29.jpeg
He's been very nice to have around. He is very laid back and easy to care for. I'm sure he'll get needier with time but for now I'm enjoying how simple and easy he is.

iD

Kikitchi got his final happy symbol a few days ago (the day after I last posted, so the 17th?) and was then ready to marry off, but that was delayed because his batteries ran out and I wasn't able to get more until yesterday. I finally resumed him, married him off, and guess what? I got a boy on my first try!

id52.jpeg
I have one tamatomo left to obtain, and it's a male character (Mametchi). I've been very very lucky with this tama: I'm on my 12th generation and I have had just one repeat character. That one repeat character did not come from getting the wrong gender baby but simply because I'd miscounted the care misses.

id53.jpeg
This is good too! For once, my toddler is not Mattaritchi! Of the two toddlers, I prefer Hanepatchi anyway. He reminds me of a turnip.

I'm trying to decide between a few different things I might start up once my iD is finished. I'd like to replace it with another colour tama at least. I'm leaning toward either the P's, which I've run before but not logged, or the Hexagontchi, which I've never run before. I'm thinking maybe the latter because it'll be a new experience and running tamas I've never played before is always fun. Oh well, I've still got several days to decide.

(You're also free to comment in this log if there are any colour releases you'd want to see me log about)

Hello! Two new tamas are being added to the log today. Also, my P2 died a few days after my last post and I didn't restart, so that one won't be making an appearance in this post.

Oh, and I'm currently dumping photos of pretty much my whole collection on my Instagram (one at a time, because I love sharing the stories behind each individual tama), so if you'd like to see that by all means pop over there (link is in my sig). I've been having a lot of fun doing it.

V1 - Leona

Leona evolved into Masktchi. Bleh. This is the third one I've had in like two weeks. My past two V1 and V2 generations have also been exactly the same which is kind of annoying. At least I was able to marry her off today.

leona7.png
A baby boy for my 10th generation! That's nice since I've had mostly girls on this tama so far (I swear, the sparkles draw the girls in...). 10 generations on a V1 is kind of a feat since it really doesn't do much, but my plan is to keep this tama going for as long as I possibly can. My original goal was 10 generations, maybe now I'll see if I can eventually hit 20 (which I've done on a connection just once before, though it was on a V2 which has far more to do and many more characters).

V2 - Dolly

Again, luckily I'm not raising two Masktchis at the same time. Okay, I actually was for a day or so, but Celia did get married and left her baby yesterday morning. I named her little girl Dolly. She evolved into Marutchi (it's a curse, I tell ya) and then Propellertchi, a teen I like very much.

dolly1.jpeg
dolly2.jpeg
dolly3.jpeg
Normally I'd be like "I'm aiming for _______ with her", but for V2s that doesn't really work because of how random they are. There really isn't a way to aim for a specific character so I'm just going to take whatever this tama decides to give me. As long as she's not Memetchi, I'll be satisfied.

Keitai - ! (no, seriously)

I'd been itching to start up another Connection and eventually decided on this one, since I do love the simplicity of the Keitai. It's more simplistic than the V2 and almost feels like a slightly upgraded V1 to me - it's easy to care for but I still really like it. I own a few Keitais, but this is the shell I chose to run. It is one of my favourites:

keitai4.jpeg
That's actually not the keychain tab it came with - the original tab is white. I stole that light blue one from one of my V3s and I thought it matched well with the light blue shell. I switch around my tabs a lot for some reason. Anyway, I last left off (if the tama's date is any indicator, I last ran this tama in May) with a Mametchi named "!" - I normally do name my Japanese tamas, so I'm not really sure what I was thinking there. Also, his age says 11 but I don't think that's accurate because he isn't ready to marry yet.

keitai1.jpeg
keitai2.jpeg
keitai3.jpeg
Just like my V1, he is also the 10th generation. I didn't think I ran this particular Keitai for that long, but I guess I did. I must say that I really like the fact that the Keitai still has Mametchi's classic sprite, as opposed to the updated one that the V3 and later has. I think he looks so adorable like this.

P's

You know how hard it is finding three different shades of blue to write in because almost every shell I'm running is the same colour? Anyway, I finally completed my iD after Mametchi got his final happy stamp:

id54.jpeg
I'm putting it on hiatus for now because that was a pretty good run. I still wanted to run a colour tama alongside my monochrome ones so I decided to start my P's in its place. I've been running it for a few days now and since running my IDLE a few months ago, I really have missed running an English colour tama. Normally I post a picture of my tama's shells in here before I start doing the closeup screen pics, but I forgot with this one. It's just the blue P's shell, so nothing super special there. I'm using the Love & Melody pierce with it and I am currently raising a Melodytchi:

ps1.jpeg
Probably going to marry her off soon so I can start working on obtaining the built in characters - I'm on my 11th generation but I only have 7 tamatomos. I only have one P's, so there are two connection characters I can't obtain (the 3-way connecting ones), but there's still lots of things I can unlock that I have yet to do. The amount of features this tama has should keep me busy for quite a while, I hope.

Hello! Lots to report on since I've been gone for a few days. This is also going to be a very photo-filled entry - I had to combine a lot of them because I was way past the 10 image limit, whoops. Oh well, not a huge deal.

V1 - Ivan

Yes, I started a new V1 generation a few days ago. This is somewhat of a milestone generation because it is my 10th! I named the baby boy Ivan for no particular reason other than that I liked how it sounded.

ivan4.png
Unsurprisingly, he turned into a Marutchi (whoop). I didn't manage to get a photo but he actually has evolved again since then; he's now an Oniontchi (double whoop). I'm not aiming for any specific character with him. I haven't taken the greatest care of him but he hasn't gotten sick either so I have no idea. V1s are really sensitive when it comes to care so I'll probably end up with the worst adult again (it's a cycle) but we'll just have to wait and see on that.

V2 - Dolly

For once, my bad caretaking skills actually resulted in a cute adult!! Dolly evolved yesterday into a Hiratchi:

dolly6.png
This isn't an adult I get often at all, in fact I think this is only the second or third one I've had in probably close to 100 generations across all of the V2s I have. A few others have pointed this out, but I've noticed it too: she reminds me of Zero from The Nightmare Before Christmas, heh. I find it very fitting that I'm going to have Hiratchi for Halloween. I've also been running another V2 of mine in the background (which I may eventually add to the log if I decide to keep it running long enough), which has a Dorotchi on it. I don't think I could have gotten a more fitting set of Halloween-ish characters!

dolly7.jpeg
I mainly started that other V2 because of its candy themed shell, but that Dorotchi is so perfect!

! got married and had a baby girl! He should be leaving her at midnight tonight.

keitai7.png
I love how the Japanese connections have the kissing animation, though I'm not surprised that the English ones omitted that. This will mark my 11th Keitai generation - I think I've had all of the adults at least once at this point but I might aim for the average care adult this time, which is Debatchi on odd generations if I'm not mistaken.

P's

I married Melodytchi off the other day. Being able to understand the character introductions at the matchmaker's is something I definitely missed from my IDLE:

ps9.png
She ended up choosing Mametchi, and the end result was a baby boy. He's obviously not a baby anymore, but these were his first three stages:

ps6.jpeg
ps7.jpeg
ps8.jpeg
(I already forget that toddler's name, but he reminds me of a ladybug - so cute!!)
He then evolved yesterday into Nandetchi, who I think is adorable:

ps10.jpeg
I've not started working on his puzzle pieces just yet; I'll probably start doing that tonight. I keep forgetting that the P's moves a bit faster than the iD - on that one, the final tamatomo stamp was obtained 72 hours after becoming an adult, which gave more time to find all of the happy symbols. On this one, it's 48. Yeah, I know I can keep him around as long as I need to, but I guess I'm just picky.

Oh yeah, and he's now got a pumpkin in his living room; that started yesterday. I always like those little festive animations - it's a cute little touch.

Hello! It's been a while again so naturally I have lots to report on again. Also, I've started up my Uratama for the Halloween hatch, but I won't be logging it here since I'm already logging it in that thread. For updates on that, by all means pop into that thread and have a look.

V1 - Ivan

Really happy with this one. I'm not sure what I did differently, but for once I didn't get Memetchi/Gozarutchi!

ivan5.jpeg
ivan6.jpeg
I've not had Androtchi/Robotchi (I'm not sure what exactly to call this guy as sources differ) in AGES, especially not on a V1. I wish I knew how I managed it so I could replicate it with future generations, but like I said I have no idea what I did. I'm just really happy I finally got a different character for once because my V1 was becoming an endless Masktchi/Memetchi/Gozarutchi cycle and it was starting to get kind of annoying.

V2 - Dolly

Dolly finally got married this morning! I did keep her around a little longer than I normally keep adults because I really like Hiratchi and it's a character I rarely get.

dolly8.jpeg
dolly9.jpeg
She married a Zuccitchi (cute little wedding there!) and had a baby boy. I haven't had a boy on this tama since my first generation (and this will be my fifth), so that's pretty exciting. Following with my little alphabet theme, I'm thinking of calling the little guy Ernie. Either way, he's a cutie just like his mom.

Keitai - Yoriko

! left his baby the other day, so I started raising baby Yoriko early Thursday morning. She was born during a pretty busy time for me, so I did not get photos but she went from Shiropetitchi to Kuribotchi. She is now a Ringotchi:

yoriko1.jpeg
yoriko2.jpeg
I haven't been paying a ton of attention to her but I haven't necessarily been neglecting her either. With my luck she will probably turn into Memetchi (who is the above-average character on odd generations, I think).

P's

I married off Nandetchi last night, though he'd had all of his puzzle pieces for a few days. He had another baby boy - I really do seem to get a lot of boys on this tama.

ps11.jpeg
ps12.jpeg
He's now Turtletchi:

ps13.jpeg
I'm now trying to decide which character to aim for next and I really have no idea. Maybe I'll just go nuts on the care misses and aim for Spacytchi, since I have not had him yet on this tama.

Hello! Not a ton to update today but I still thought it would be nice to pop in.

V1 - Ivan

Ivan is still the same. He's 7 years old today which means he should be getting the matchmaker today.

ivan7.jpeg
ivan8.jpeg
Yes, dental hygiene is important even if you are a robot! I've really enjoyed having him around. His animations are very cute. I've noticed that his happiness drops a little faster than it would on a better care adult, but other than that he's been very laid back and easy to care for which I really like.

V2 - Dolly

Today is Dolly's last day with her baby. I will definitely miss having her around. I captured some of my favourite animations of hers before she goes:

dolly10.jpeg
dolly11.jpeg
dolly12.jpeg
dolly13.jpeg
The UFO is pretty cool because it's the only item that both parent and child can use. It's like a little mini family vacation.

Keitai - Yoriko

I forgot about the fact that the Keitai is only a teen for 48 hours compared to the 72 hours of the early English Connections, so Yoriko did surprise me last night when she evolved. No, I'm not terribly happy with the result but I was expecting it at least:

yoriko3.jpeg
It's a curse, I tell ya. This is the third or fourth Memetchi I've had in the span of like a month. Not really sure how to avoid getting her but I guess I'll just deal with it once again.

P's

My little guy evolved yesterday evening into Maimaitchi. I'm now aiming for Spacytchi so I've been giving him a lot of care misses (it requires 8 or more - ouch!).

ps14.jpeg
ps15.jpeg
He should be evolving some time this evening. After that, I can start being a little bit nicer to him! Until then, I just have to keep a very close eye and hope I'm counting the care misses right.

I really enjoy this blog! I like how you have so many tamagotchi's that you switch out but unpause to marry with others, instead of just shelving them out of boredom. Keep doing what you do!

Hello! Sorry for disappearing for over two weeks but life has been really hectic and my tamas have had to kind of be put on the backburner. I do still have my V1 and V2 on the go - those two have kind of become my permanent tamas that I run all the time because they're so low maintenance yet still cute.

mimitchi ^o^ - Thanks for the nice comment! My log hasn't been terribly consistent lately but I'm going to try my best to keep it going!

V1 - Kiara

When I last left off on this one, I had an Androtchi named Ivan who I was about to marry off. He ended up marrying and having a baby boy, who I named Pip. Pip became a Masktchi, got married, and I'm now raising his daughter, Kiara, who marks my 12th V1 generation. She became another Androtchi.

kiara1.jpeg
I like the simplicity of the V1, though the limited number of characters on it means I get a LOT of repeats. At least Androtchi is a character I really like so I don't mind having him/her again.

kiara2.jpeg
kiara3.jpeg
kiara4.jpeg
Her connection item is tools/bubbles. Unlike the V2, where this is a single-use item whose animation only lasts a few seconds, this one is reusable and the animation lasts for ages. That is one thing I really like about the V1 - the animations last for so much longer than they last on any of the later connections. It makes it a lot easier to enjoy them.

V2 - Flynn

Also still on the go is my V2, which I've had running for about a month and a half and will probably continue to run because I enjoy it a lot. I last left off with Dolly the Hiratchi who married and had a baby boy. Her son's name was Ernie and he ended up turning into a Tarakotchi. He then got married and had another baby boy, who I named Flynn. Flynn is now 6 years old and a Debatchi!

flynn1.jpeg
flynn2.jpeg
flynn3.jpeg
flynn4.jpeg
Debatchi is one of my favourite characters, and definitely not a character I get super often. I've been having a lot of fun using the various items on him. I think my favourite item animation of his is actually the wig which I've just realized I forgot to get a photo of so I'll probably post that tomorrow.

What I like about this tama in comparison to my V1 is that this my my sixth generation and I have not had a repeat character yet. I'm also proud of myself for actually getting a good care adult on it because I was stuck in a bad care rut for a bit there.

Hello! Nothing super eventful has happened but I did start a new generation on my V1 so I thought I'd pop in for a little update.

V1 - Ruby

Kiara the Androtchi got married the other day and had a baby girl, who I named Ruby. She left her baby last night, though I didn't start caring for her until just now.

ruby1.jpeg
ruby2.jpeg
ruby3.jpeg
She marks my 13th V1 generation. Usually I start being more diligent after generation 10 because I have very bad luck and many of my tama deaths have occurred on high generations. So far this tama seems to be doing well though. She has not evolved into a toddler yet but I did a little trick with the marriage again so FINGERS CROSSED for Kinakomotchi! I haven't had one on my V1 in ages. My little trick is that I use one of my spare debugged V2s (whose shell is in HORRIBLE condition so you will probably never see me run it normally, though it makes a perfect debug specimen) and choose a top tier adult on it to marry to the V1. I've been doing this for ages whenever I get into a bad care rut like I have been on this tama. Hopefully it works out the way I want it to.

V2 - Flynn

Flynn got married yesterday and had a baby boy! He'll be leaving tonight, which means his son will actually only be a day behind Ruby (since Flynn was a day behind Kiara and so on, they've been running this way for a few generations), so it's safe to say it'll be an arranged marriage this time around. I like when it works out this way.

flynn5.jpeg
flynn6.jpeg
Also, as promised, here's that funny wig animation:

flynn7.jpeg
flynn8.jpeg
I'll definitely miss having him around - he's such a cute character! Even still, the family line must continue.

Hello again! I disappeared for a few days so naturally a lot has happened. I also added another low maintenance tama to the mix which is a personal favourite version of mine but also one I have not run in quite some time. Read on to find out which one it is.

V1 - Ruby

Last time I logged Ruby was a baby, and, well, she's now an adult because I forgot to update in between. Oops. First she was a Kinakomotchi (YAY!) and then an Ichigotchi (DOUBLE YAY!)

ruby4.jpeg
ruby5.jpeg
Okay, funny story here. So I was actually trying for Mametchi with Ruby so I made sure to take PERFECT care of her, never missing a discipline call and making sure her meters were always full. When she evolved, all of her hearts were full, she was at her minimum weight, and her training bar was completely full. Now, I know V1s can be very weird when it comes to care. But I really was not expecting the result that I got, seeing as I am positive I did not miss anything.

ruby6.jpeg
Now, I'm confused, but I am not unhappy at all. Quite the opposite actually - I've been trying to get Hanatchi on my V1 for ages to no avail. I've gotten Androtchi plenty of times on the even gens but was never able to replicate it on the odd gens. So I finally got my Hanatchi after all, at a moment when I was least expecting it.

(I still think V1s are really weird though. Hanatchi is considered a below average character and the care I gave was definitely not below average).

V2 - Gerry

When I last left off, Flynn the Debatchi was on his last day with his baby boy. I named the baby Gerry (spelled that way because, well, I name this tama alphabetically) and he marks the seventh generation on this V2 (blue/pink bubbles shell - still one of my all-time favourite connection shells so I intend to keep it going for a WHILE).

gerry1.jpeg
gerry2.jpeg
gerry3.jpeg
(He doesn't weigh that much anymore - I'm just lazy in the baby stage. I do have him down to his minimum weight now even though it took a while...)
The other day, on Friday I think, he evolved into UFOtchi. This is a teen I haven't seen in quite a while so I'm pleased:

gerry4.jpeg
He's set to evolve tomorrow. His battery did run out earlier this afternoon (7 generations on one battery is pretty decent, I think) so his growth may be a bit delayed, but I don't think it will be by much because the clock was only a few minutes off when I replaced the battery, so it must have saved right before the battery died. I've given him what I would probably describe as very good care (though that's how I described Ruby's care and look how THAT turned out) - his training bar is full and I really haven't missed anything. He also hasn't been sick because his hearts have never really dropped. So hopefully I'm in for good results. V2s are not as sensitive as V1s are (from my experience anyway), so I'm pretty optimistic with this one.

V3 - Derek

I decided to start up one of my V3s because I haven't run one in quite a while and I was really missing it. The shell of this one is actually white but since I can't write about it in white, I'll write about it in blue since the accents are blue (I forgot to take a photo of it but it's the Memetchi summer shell, an Asian design I believe). Got to start fresh on a new generation with this one with another baby boy, who I named Derek (why, I have no idea). He marks the 9th generation on this tama, since I have run it quite a bit in the past.

derek1.jpeg
derek2.jpeg
derek3.jpeg
(The screens on Asian/European connections are so much easier to see/photograph than their North American counterparts - I think I went over this before a while back when I was running my European V2, but the difference is so apparent. The screen on this one is definitely nicer than the other two Connections I currently have going, both of which are NA models)
He's currently a Tamatchi, one of the lower tier V3 toddlers but his parent was a Gozarutchi so that was expected. It's been a while since I ran one of these so I kind of forget who the odd gen teens are on here, but I'm probably just going to go into it blindly and refresh myself along the way. He's a little heavy but other than that I've been trying to care for him well. He has not called for training since he evolved, so he's still just at one bar.

Hello! Guess who's back? I should probably stop taking such long breaks from this place, but it is what it is. Believe it or not, my orange V1 and blue V2 are still going. My V3 turned into Paparatchi, got married and then had a baby who later turned into Sekitoritchi. Neither of those are characters I care for, so I've decided to give that tama a rest for now. I started something else up in its place, which I'll get to in a moment.

V1 - Judy

I've actually been through a few generations since I last logged here. I had Ruby the Hanatchi, who had a son whose name I now forget (oops) that turned into a Tarakotchi and then had a daughter named Judy who is currently an Ichigotchi. For once I got a good care teen, YAY. 

judy1.jpeg

judy2.jpeg

judy3.jpeg

15 generations on my V1 and it's still going. It has never died, either. That feels like an accomplishment for me - I've had it going for about 3 months straight now when I typically switch out what I'm running every few weeks. I don't know, I guess I just really like the simplicity of it and the fact that it's easy to care for no matter how busy I get. I've built up a pretty long family line with it and that family line shall continue for who knows how long.

V2 - Irwin

My V2 is also still on the go, and yes, I am still naming it alphabetically. Gerry ended up turning into a Kusatchi and had a son named Harry who turned into Wooltchi (who I LOVE - it's too bad I was taking a break from logging when I had him because he was just so cute). I'm now raising Harry's son Irwin, who's currently an Oniontchi (I did good enough getting a good care teen on my V1, but I guess I wasn't THAT good).

irwin1.jpeg

irwin2.jpeg

irwin3.jpeg

(yes, he has a bit of a weight problem... and I wonder why I never get good adults)

He's the 9th generation on my V1. One more to go before I reach double digits. I actually have had this one going since generation 1 (I think my V1 already had 5 or 6 gens on it when I started it back up) so this is another one that has gotten a lot of continuous running. Also for some reason the battery ran out AGAIN the other day after less than a month so I'm hoping it was just a dud battery and this one will last longer. 

V4 - Freya

I decided to start another V4 in place of my V3. This is not the same V4 I logged in here a few months back. This one is transparent blue with different coloured stars on it - it is a European design. My Australian V4 never gave me any of the glitches that the NA ones have, but I have no idea about this one yet so we'll see. Anyway, I hatched a girl who I named Freya. To my dismay, she turned into Mizutamatchi - was hoping for something else because I always get Meme adults every time I run V4s. 

freya1.jpeg

freya2.jpeg

freya3.jpeg

I'm probably going to raise her Intelligence points and aim for Ponytchi since I'm not really a fan of Memetchi or Violetchi (I also don't feel like raising the skill points enough for Makiko). She's also got a bit of a weight problem right now but with the amount of games of Shape I'll have to play to get her skill points up, I think she'll end up being just fine. 

20th Anniversary M!x

I was itching to run a colour tama again and though I have ordered a Meets, it's not here yet. So I decided to start my mix up again to tie me over until that gets here. I actually just married it off last night:

mix1.jpeg

12th generation girl. This is now the fourth consecutive generation I've had with Mimitchi's ears - I married Himebaratchi in the hopes of getting her headpiece, but it looks like the Mimitchi ears are sticking around for another generation. Oh well, it could definitely be worse - at least Mimitchi's ears are cute even if they are starting to get a bit old.

Hello! I think all of my tamas have evolved since my last post so I have plenty to share today.

V1 - Judy

You know, the amount of times I've run V1s (hint: a lot), I've always forgotten that Tarakotchi is the one character that can appear on both odd and even gens. I have never had an instance where I've had him twice in a row, so it's one little detail I never seem to really think about, until now of course:

judy6.png

Yup, she turned into the EXACT character that her parent was. This is the first time I've gotten the exact same character twice in a row on a V1. Meh. I was planning on mating her with Irwin, my V2. I still am planning on doing that, but despite me wanting to get rid of Tarakotchi as quickly as possible, I don't want to marry them off right away because Irwin turned into a character I really like. Read on.

V2 - Irwin

I was definitely not expecting anything close to a top tier adult with this one because he received quite a bit of neglect as a teen (he was never sick, his hearts just dropped a lot). The end result ended up being a character I seem to get a lot (I read a bit earlier in this log and I did have another one a few months ago) but always enjoy having:

irwin4.jpeg

irwin5.jpeg

irwin6.jpeg

Whaletchi! One of the V2 exclusive adults and the one I probably get the most. He's bad care but I think he's so adorable! This is actually my first time getting him on my bubble V2 - 9 generations and I have not yet had a repeat adult on this one yet. Yay! Like I said, I'm going to be marrying him to my V1, but I want to keep him around for at least a few days before I do that so I can enjoy him. 

V4 - Freya

Freya evolved shortly after my last log post into Young Memetchi, who was pretty much who I was expecting to get:

freya4.jpeg

freya5.jpeg

Unsurprising, but at least she's cute. After she evolved, I then began to work on her skill points to ensure that she turns into the adult I'm aiming for, which is Ponytchi. This is where her skill points currently stand:

freya6.jpeg

Not amazing, but they should be high enough. The only thing I don't necessarily like about the V4 is the fact that there's the risk of getting universal adults if the skill points are too low. I don't mind the universal adults and there's nothing really wrong with them, but that is not what I am aiming for right now. 

20th Anniversary M!x

My toddler girl evolved into a teen, again shortly after my last post. She was actually pretty ugly as a teen, or maybe it's just the colours that didn't look that great:

mix2.jpeg

Her adult form ended up looking a lot better, however. The only thing I really did not like was the brown ears and bow, because they really didn't match well. So I decided to change her colour to pink using the pink milkshake at the restaurant:

mix3.jpeg

mix4.jpeg

I like the pink a lot better than the brown. I'm actually pretty happy with this mix - some of my earlier ones were very questionable but this one turned out really cute. I'll probably keep her around for a few days before marrying her off - sometimes I do it right away, but whenever I get a mix I'm really content with I usually like to keep them around for a bit. Plus, I still haven't decided who to marry her to. 

I really enjoy reading your logs! Your M!x adult is really cute, I like the brown but pink suits her more.

It’s a bit strange and also a little funny that you keep getting Memetchi over and over. Bad luck I guess, which is weird calling it that since Memetchi is a good care adult if I recall correctly.  :)

I'm back for another installment of my incredibly inconsistent log. My current run has changed from my last entry but is still somewhat similar. I did get my Meets and ran it for a few weeks but needed a small break from it for now. My orange V1 was on generation 17 but I've now put it aside to run something else in its place, which happens to be another V1 with a different shell. My blue V2 is still running and on generation 12. I'm also running a second V2 alongside it. 

Also, thanks Mimitchi06 for the comment even if I'm a bit late in responding. I'm not running my mix at the moment but that was still one of the cutest adults I've had on it.

V1 - Ziggy

I've always loved my orange glitter V1, so much so that it remained one of my permanent running tamas for quite a while. Recently (last week to be exact), I ended up picking up another V1 that is very similar to my orange one except it is pink (and in much nicer shape). It's quite lovely in person.

ziggy1.jpeg

My first generation was a Hanatchi named Romeo. He had a son, Ziggy, who I'm now raising. Ziggy is now a Marutchi:

ziggy2.jpeg

Not much else going on with him. I already know he'll become Oniontchi as a teen as there are no other possibilities from Marutchi. 

V2 - Laura

Roughly three months of running and my blue V2 is still on the go. It is also one of my permanent running tamas and will probably stay that way for a while. It is now on generation 12 with Laura. Her mother was a Kiwitchi named Kerry. She was Propellertchi as a teen and I was very happy when she turned into her adult form this afternoon. I thought I'd treated her badly, but it couldn't have been that bad:

laura1.jpeg

laura3.jpeg

Dorotchi!! One of my very favourite characters - I'm so happy to have her. Shortly after she evolved, I realized that I still have a male Dorotchi on my blue lollipop V2, so I now have the best marriage ever planned for Laura when her time comes.

V2 #2 - Agnes

I have a second V2 running alongside my blue one, mostly for marriage purposes and connecting. This one is pink with tropical flowers (pic of the shell on my instagram here) and it is currently on the 5th generation. My previous generation was a Memetchi named Sam. He had a baby girl, Agnes, who is the sister of Laura, my other V2 (I mated them the previous generation). She was a Marutchi, a Nikatchi, and now...

agnes1.jpeg

agnes2.jpeg

My long-documented all time favourite character, Ginjirotchi! Ginji always seems to pop up when I'm least expecting him/her. It's not a character I get super often so when I do, I tend to keep them around for quite a long time. As eager as I am to move onto the next generation with these v2s, they both turned into characters I LOVE, so I'm probably going to keep them around for a while and enjoy them while I can. They're both just too cute.

Welcome to another installment of my hopefully more consistent log. The tamas are all still doing very well. The two V2s are very laid back as adults so I've been primarily focusing on my V1, who's still a teen.

V1 - Ziggy

Ziggy wasn't set to evolve until around 4:30 this afternoon, so he spent the morning as a Marutchi. He connected quite a bit with Laura (my blue bubbles V2) and obtained the ball item, which he had a lot of fun playing with. So far, he has called for training at 1:15 and 4:15 today, with his next call presumably coming at 7:15. That brings his training bar up to 3 as he either didn't call yesterday or I missed it (more than likely it's the latter). 

ziggy3.jpeg

ziggy4.jpeg

Not too long ago, I heard the ever-familiar evolution beep. Since my other two tamas are adults, it could be none other than Ziggy. He's now an onion, which I expected but he's still cute.

ziggy5.jpeg

ziggy6.jpeg

I might try to aim for top tier with him even though I've rarely been successful with this on the V1. This version seems to be stricter with care mistakes than the later versions so it's a lot harder to get perfect care on it than even the V2 or V3. I will probably end up with Memetchi again but it's still worth a try.

V2 - Laura

Laura is still an impossibly cool Dorotchi. She is 5 years old and very laid back.

laura4.jpeg

laura5.jpeg

laura6.jpeg

Experimenting with a new 'do...               Feeling like royalty...                     Ghosts can be cute too!

I love capturing her various item animations - they are all very cute. I'm glad I got Dorotchi on my 12th generation as opposed to one of my earlier ones because now I have most if not all of the available items to try out on her. I'll probably post more tomorrow or whenever I end up updating next.

V2 #2 - Agnes

Just like her sister, Agnes is 5 years old, still adorable and taking it easy. Oh, have I ever missed having Ginji - even the idle animations are great. I'll have to capture the teeth brushing one and the closeup at some point but I have not had a chance to do so yet.

agnes3.jpeg

agnes4.jpeg

agnes5.jpeg

For me? Oh, you shouldn't have...    These boots are made for walkin'...             Skater... girl?

Her animations are slightly different from the original P1 Ginji, but they have their own little charm. I love having her around.

Hello, I'm back after being absent for a few days, not because I couldn't update but because there wasn't really anything interesting to update on. I have things to update on with my tamas now, however, including two epic fails. 

V1 - Ziggy

Epic Fail  #1. I actually did take decent care of Ziggy as a teen at first but then life got in the way and I just kind of... gave up? His training actually was full and he was never sick, but his weight got way too high and his hearts dropped a couple of times.

ziggy7.jpeg

(I did capture this cute animation of his while he was still a teen. I like that the V1s do their idle animations for much longer than the V2s.)

I have to admit that I wasn't actually sure what to expect from his evolution, and therefore I can't say I'm happy or disappointed:

ziggy9.jpeg

I like Tarakotchi, for the most part, but I get him a LOT. Read a couple posts back in this log and you'll see I've had several of them even quite recently. I have a female on one of my V3s I can mate him with so I'll likely be marrying him off as early as I can.

V2 - Laura

Epic Fail #2. I'd been declining the matchmaker so far on this tama because: a) I wanted to keep Laura around a bit longer than I usually do and b) I have a male Dorotchi on my blue lollipop V2 I really wanted to marry her to. Well, I made the mistake of keeping my V2 in my pocket while I was at work today, something I usually do but I'm usually not trying to avoid matchmaker visits so accidental button presses don't matter. Something must have gotten pressed in my pocket because I later checked on my V2 and Laura was there with a baby girl. Whoops.

laura9.jpeg

Oh well. I did put a battery in my lollipop V2 and used the matchmaker to marry off the other Dorotchi that was still on that tama. The resulting baby was a boy, so I will be giving my tropical pink V2 a break and running my lollipop one starting in the next entry as I will be raising Laura's baby girl and this baby boy together, hopefully eventually marrying them this time with no pocket marriages (ha)!

laura7.jpeg

laura8.jpeg

I did manage to capture Dorotchi's closeup animation which is ADORABLE. I will really miss having her around.

V2 #2 - Agnes

Agnes is still the same. I haven't married her off and I'm not sure if I will right now as I'm going to be shelving this tama so I can run a different shell (one of the most pointless swaps ever but I like the candy one better). She is 8 years old, turning 9 tomorrow. In a way, I wish there wasn't the possibility of her turning into an oldie or I would keep her around so much longer.

agnes6.jpeg

agnes7.jpeg

I love Ginjirotchi's teeth brushing animation so much - the face gets me every time. So adorable! Her bathing animation reminds me of Ginji's P1 sprite, which is also adorable. I do wish this character was on more versions, but I guess with the V2 being the only connection version he is on, it makes me so much happier when I get him. I probably won't be updating on this specific V2 further in the log (at least for now, who's to say it won't make future appearances? It likely will), but I will say that it's been a great run (I didn't log about it, but two gens prior to this one, I also had a Pochitchi!!).

Hello! A few things to report on today. Like I said in my previous post, I've added a new tama to the log, which is my lollipop V2. Read ahead to see that and also the two new generations I started today!

V1 - Ziggy

Ziggy is still taking it easy as a laid back Tarakotchi. I initially planned on marrying him early via connection to one of my V3s, but I never got around to it and likely won't bother with it now as he will be getting the matchmaker tomorrow anyway.

ziggy10.jpeg

I connected him to my V2 some more and after numerous poops and snakes, he finally got an item! The V1 does have items, but they can only be obtained via connection and they are also character specific. They are not passed down to the next generation so they have to be re-obtained every time. One of Tarakotchi's items is the boots and he looks hilarious using them - just look at his face!

V2 - Moira

As much as I loved having Laura the Dorotchi around, it was time for her to leave her baby last night and time for me to begin a new generation. Her daughter's name is Moira (halfway through the alphabet!) and she marks lucky generation 13.

moira1.jpeg

moira2.jpeg

moira3.jpeg

I brought my V2 to work with me this morning and began raising her there, so I don't have any photos of her in her baby stage, though by this point I'm sure you can imagine what that looked like so you're not missing much there. I have no idea which character her mother married because that marriage happened accidentally, in my pocket. It must have been one of the higher tier adults, because Moira evolved into a Kuribotchi! Haven't seen one of those in quite a while so I'm very pleased.

Her weight is high simply because I didn't have time to play games with her while I was at work today. I will be working on getting it down so I can hopefully achieve the best possible results with her.

V2 #2 - Edwin

I decided to give my pink flower V2 a break and run a different shell in its place. This particular V2 is blue with lollipops and it looks like this:

edwin1.jpeg

I really like this design. I got the tama this past summer and ran it quite a bit then, but I have not run it much since. I decided to give it another go so I popped a battery in it, married off my previous character (who, as you know, was a Dorotchi just like my bubble V2 was), and began a new generation who I named Edwin. The name theme going on with this one, for reasons unknown, is names beginning with E. I started doing it when I first got the tama and now it's become somewhat of a theme so I decided to keep it going. Edwin is the 7th generation.

edwin2.jpeg

edwin3.jpeg

edwin4.jpeg

His parent, a Dorotchi, married a Zuccitchi, so unsurprisingly he became a lower tier Marutchi. At least I got one good care toddler out of the two so I'm not super annoyed. As it always goes, he'll become one of the lower tier teens next, probably Hinotamatchi. I'm not aiming for any specific adult but will instead sit back and let it surprise me. 

Oh, and yes, he and Moira will be future mates. The only incentive I have for keeping two of the same version going at once is the connection aspect and the fact that I can marry them to one another, so that is exactly what I will be doing this time around.

Hello! I'm back again for a late evening update!

V1- Ziggy

As I said in yesterday's post, today was the day for Ziggy to be visited by the matchmaker and have a child so his family line can continue on. The matchmaker brought him a nice looking Androtchi/Robotchi and he couldn't say no.

ziggy11.jpeg

ziggy12.jpeg

He had a baby boy. This will mark the 3rd generation on what is currently the newest addition to my collection, and so far I've had all boys. I have not decided on a name for the baby boy yet, but unlike my other two running tamas, this one doesn't have a theme going on so it can be anything really. 

V2 - Moira

I brought both Moira and Edwin with me to work this morning so they could evolve on time. It was early in the morning, so it wasn't a huge deal. Moira got accidentally paused a few times yesterday for unknown amounts of time, so she evolved a little bit later than her counterpart, but again, not a huge deal. I was very pleased when she finally did evolve - I haven't seen a Ringotchi in AGES.

moira4.jpeg

I've had wonderful results with V2 Ringotchis in the past. Two of my past Ringotchis went on to become Ginjirotchi, so that's a very high possibility. I've also gotten Pochitchi and Pyonchitchi from Ringotchi before - so many good possibilities! I can't wait to see what she becomes!

Also, I wanted to share a little tidbit about my bubble V2 shell in particular and why it currently stands as one of my favourite tamas in my collection, not to mention the quirkiest. There's been quite a bit of discussion in this thread (which I myself have been actively participating in) about different ROM versions of Connection tamas and in particular, how varied the V2s were. Most V2s function nearly identically, but when I got this particular V2 (incidentally, it was an extra from a lot that I never expected to love as much as I do), I noticed that it was a little bit different from the rest of the V2s I own. It's a North American model and mostly functions like one, but a lot of the item names are different from what I've seen on ever other V2 I've dealt with. What we currently believe is that my V2 was from a very early wave of V2s that used a slightly different ROM version from the more widespread release. They seem to be fairly rare (I so far know just one other person that has a V2 like mine and it's not the same shell), so what was originally a simple lot extra is now one of my most treasured tamas. I love vpets with little quirks, so this one is right up my alley.

Here's a small example of this: what is called a "plant" on most V2s is called a "pot plant" on mine (uhh, I can kind of see why that was changed...)!

moira5.jpeg

moira6.jpeg

moira7.jpeg

Moira enjoys it! She didn't get any money from it, but she didn't seem too fazed by that.

V2 #2 - Edwin

Well, I was partially right. Edwin did not become Hinotamatchi, but he did become a low tier teen.

edwin5.jpeg

edwin6.jpeg

edwin7.jpeg

Out of all the V2 teens, I think Nikatchi is the one I get the most. I just had one the generation before last. As common as Nikatchi is, I've also gotten some VERY good results from him in the past. My tropical pink V2, which I ran last generation, was a Nikatchi that evolved into Ginjirotchi. As long as I give him good care, I think I should be seeing some pretty good results. Just like my other V2, I cannot wait to see what he becomes.

Hello, I'm back again! Not a ton of interesting things to update on but I did start a new generation on my V1 so I thought I'd pop in.

V1 - Roger

Ziggy the Tarakotchi departed last night, leaving baby Roger in my care. This marks the third generation on my pink glitter V1 (will it beat my orange V1's record of 17? Probably not but I still like racking up the generations).

roger1.jpeg

roger2.jpeg

roger3.jpeg

He evolved into Marutchi. I've yet to see a Kinakomotchi on this one, probably because I keep getting low tier characters who then marry other low tier characters. After the first generation, the only possible teen evolution from Marutchi on odd generations is Hinotamatchi, so there won't be any surprises tomorrow when it comes time for him to change. Still, I'm going to try taking good care of him in hopes of breaking this bad care streak. I realize I say that every time and still end up screwing up, but hey it's always worth a try.

V2 - Moira

Moira is still doing very well. My bubble shell V2 is the one tama I bring everywhere with me, so she does accompany me to work every day. I haven't had any problems caring for her there, so her hearts haven't dropped below three. The only issue is that because I have to keep her muted while I work, I've been missing a lot of her training calls. She's set to evolve tomorrow morning and so far her training bar is only at 5/9. If I watch her really diligently today, I think I still have a chance to fill it but more than likely it will still fall short.

moira8.jpeg

moira9.jpeg

Of course, I'm still not entirely sure how much of a factor plays on the V2. On the V1, it's very important. On the V2, it definitely still matters, but I have previously gotten perfect care adults with training bars that weren't entirely full, so it seems to be a bit more lenient in that respect. 

V2 #2 - Edwin

Edwin also continues to do well. He's spent much of his teenhood asleep because I've been spending more time focusing on Moira - there's also the fact that I can't care for more than one tama while I'm at work and like I said, my bubble V2 is already the tama I always have running and bring everywhere with me. So Edwin usually gets put to sleep while I'm away. Because of this, his training bar is even lower than Moira's, only 2/9. I'm curious to see what he becomes, actually, because he technically hasn't received bad care at all. He's been asleep nearly the entire time so his hearts couldn't possibly have dropped, but the result of this is that there were no training calls, so his training is very low. The results should be interesting.

edwin8.jpeg

edwin9.jpeg

edwin10.jpeg
  ​

For once, he actually had good results with the plant - 800GP! 

Hello! Two new tamas are being added to the log today. Also, my P2 died a few days after my last post and I didn't restart, so that one won't be making an appearance in this post.

Oh, and I'm currently dumping photos of pretty much my whole collection on my Instagram (one at a time, because I love sharing the stories behind each individual tama), so if you'd like to see that by all means pop over there (link is in my sig). I've been having a lot of fun doing it.

V1 - Leona

Leona evolved into Masktchi. Bleh. This is the third one I've had in like two weeks. My past two V1 and V2 generations have also been exactly the same which is kind of annoying. At least I was able to marry her off today.

​

A baby boy for my 10th generation! That's nice since I've had mostly girls on this tama so far (I swear, the sparkles draw the girls in...). 10 generations on a V1 is kind of a feat since it really doesn't do much, but my plan is to keep this tama going for as long as I possibly can. My original goal was 10 generations, maybe now I'll see if I can eventually hit 20 (which I've done on a connection just once before, though it was on a V2 which has far more to do and many more characters).

V2 - Dolly

Again, luckily I'm not raising two Masktchis at the same time. Okay, I actually was for a day or so, but Celia did get married and left her baby yesterday morning. I named her little girl Dolly. She evolved into Marutchi (it's a curse, I tell ya) and then Propellertchi, a teen I like very much.

dolly1.jpeg
dolly2.jpeg
dolly3.jpeg

​

Normally I'd be like "I'm aiming for _______ with her", but for V2s that doesn't really work because of how random they are. There really isn't a way to aim for a specific character so I'm just going to take whatever this tama decides to give me. As long as she's not Memetchi, I'll be satisfied.

I'd been itching to start up another Connection and eventually decided on this one, since I do love the simplicity of the Keitai. It's more simplistic than the V2 and almost feels like a slightly upgraded V1 to me - it's easy to care for but I still really like it. I own a few Keitais, but this is the shell I chose to run. It is one of my favourites:

keitai4.jpeg

​

That's actually not the keychain tab it came with - the original tab is white. I stole that light blue one from one of my V3s and I thought it matched well with the light blue shell. I switch around my tabs a lot for some reason. Anyway, I last left off (if the tama's date is any indicator, I last ran this tama in May) with a Mametchi named "!" - I normally do name my Japanese tamas, so I'm not really sure what I was thinking there. Also, his age says 11 but I don't think that's accurate because he isn't ready to marry yet.

keitai1.jpeg
keitai2.jpeg
keitai3.jpeg

​

Just like my V1, he is also the 10th generation. I didn't think I ran this particular Keitai for that long, but I guess I did. I must say that I really like the fact that the Keitai still has Mametchi's classic sprite, as opposed to the updated one that the V3 and later has. I think he looks so adorable like this.

P's

You know how hard it is finding three different shades of blue to write in because almost every shell I'm running is the same colour? Anyway, I finally completed my iD after Mametchi got his final happy stamp:

id54.jpeg

​

I'm putting it on hiatus for now because that was a pretty good run. I still wanted to run a colour tama alongside my monochrome ones so I decided to start my P's in its place. I've been running it for a few days now and since running my IDLE a few months ago, I really have missed running an English colour tama. Normally I post a picture of my tama's shells in here before I start doing the closeup screen pics, but I forgot with this one. It's just the blue P's shell, so nothing super special there. I'm using the Love & Melody pierce with it and I am currently raising a Melodytchi:

ps1.jpeg

​

Probably going to marry her off soon so I can start working on obtaining the built in characters - I'm on my 11th generation but I only have 7 tamatomos. I only have one P's, so there are two connection characters I can't obtain (the 3-way connecting ones), but there's still lots of things I can unlock that I have yet to do. The amount of features this tama has should keep me busy for quite a while, I hope.
Hello there! 

Love that wallpaper 😍 where did you got it? Can’t find it on Vpets. I love all halloween related items on the tama :D

Latest posts

Back