Road Trip

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner

Reaction score
Since it is officially summer (Which is why I'm here not elsewhere), I have come back to make an extremely lame RP!!!!!!!!!!!111111!!!one!!

(To those concerned that my literacy level has dropped in the course of the three or so months I've been gone, no worries, that was just my attempt at humor.)

It just happens to be you have absolutely nothing to do at home now that school is out. Worst of all, nearly all of your friends are either out of town, or are grounded for one thing or another. So it looks like you're going to be enjoying social withdrawal for the summer... At least until one day, you see some flyer sitting on the nearby telephone pole outside while you're taking your dog out for a poo.

"BORED AND SOCIALLY WITHDRAWN?! DYING FROM YOUR LACK OF THINGS TO DO?

WELL.... INTERESTED IN A ROAD TRIP?"

Of course, judging by the oddness of the flyer, at first, you just frown at it, while your dog sniffs the pole curiously. But then, some force seems to compel you to reach out, grab a strip of paper with a number off of the flyer, dig out your phone, and call.

"Hey.. I'd like to uh, join this road trip..."

Given some directions to meet up at the local high school with your stuff, you hang up. With a "What-the-heck-did-I-just-do" smile on your face, you begin to walk away, until you look down and see your shoe stained bright yellow.

And so the RP begins.

Enjoy your summer spent traveling from your medium sized town in ever so boring Oregon to the rest of the States..

With a bunch of people you don't know.

RULES:

Simon says use literacy, and even though this isn't in the seriously rp section, don't think you can speak in all lowercase and use grammar worse than a kindergartener's.

Simon says Mary Sues/Kawaiis are not allowed. Simon says there are no girls in real life who run around tripping all the time saying "Kyaaa~". Simon says he reserves the right to say no to anybody who submits a form that reeks of Suedom. Simon says don't cry if your form gets rejected, just suck it up and then try again if you wish.

Simon says that when it comes to hobbies, please make sure your hobbies sort of match with your character's personality. Simon says characters cannot be super hackers if they are also super popular and good at sports.

Simon says your form must be accepted before you can do anything

Simon says follow the RP guides and general TT rules

Simon says 5-7 sentences a post. Simon says they must not be tiny sentences.

Simon says no copying this amazing ruleset because while this is funny, it's only funny the first time and then it's just copypasta ruining every bit of originality.

Simon says join the RP.

Form:

Name:

Age(15-19):

Personality:

Appearance:

Hobbies:

Other:

Name: Todd Bronzini

Age(15-19): 16

Personality: Todd is a very easy going, carefree guy who is the type that isn't too difficult to become friends with granted you don't treat him like turd (In which case he will most likely beat you up). As a typical sporty guy, he likes to talk loud, make jokes, and mess around. He's very confident, and is never spotted frowning or brooding over things, always keeping his head up. But he's on the borderline of overly carefree, as he tends to be a bit forgetful, and also tends to procrastinate as a direct result since he won't remember he has something to do until the last moment. It really depends on what the thing is, though, as Todd will always put soccer and friends above other things such as schoolwork and chores. This explains his average grades, which could probably be better, if only he didn't procrastinate...

Appearance: As you can see from his last name, Todd comes from an Italian heritage. However, he's a second generation child, so he isn't exactly going to look a hundred percent Italian, especially since his mom is American as apple pie. Todd is built, and pretty tanned, due to his immense love for soccer, although his natural skin color is a not quite white, but not quite coffee-with-milk-either (Bleh horrible skin color description xP). He has short, nearly black dark brown hair, and dark green eyes. Todd is about 5'7, and weighs about the average weight for his age (16). When it comes to clothes, he basically just wears whatever's sitting around, mostly t-shirts, shorts, and Nikes.

Hobbies: Soccer and napping

Other: Although Todd was originally going to go to a soccer camp for the summer, his family killed the idea at the last moment, leaving Todd practically dead for the summer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Name:Ahruke FireStorm

Age(15-19):16

Personality:Ahruke is pretty easy to get along with, he's care free, loves the outdoors and enjoys talking with friends. But if you get on his badside he has his ways of getting revenge on you (you would rather not know what he'll do though... otherwise you won't sleep for the rest of your life when you find out). He enjoys swimming and biking but prefers to just relax un the shade and people watch or entertain the masses with his yo-yoing skills.

Appearance:As you can tell from his last name not much is know of Ahruke, no one really knows what nationality he is and there isn't any noticable accent to his voice to give any hints to it. His hair almost looks as though he straight out of an anime with his spiked jet black hair and even though he looks like a twig he can bend metal pipes without breaking a sweat.

Hobbies:yoyoing and being outdoors

Other:Carries a very strange looking bag with him all the time, no one's quite sure what he's doing here but no one really wants to get on his bad side.

Name: Lennon Stone

Age(15-19): 16

Personality: Lennon is an extremely intelligent girl, hard working and diligent. She also has very high expectations of people she is close to and tries to push them to reach their full potential. However, many times this can come across as being overbearing and bossy, but she doesn't seem to mind. She would rather be bossy than let people slack off. However, for those who don't know her, it seems like she doesn't even exist, due to her seemingly antisocial nature. She values books and learning above most friendships, so she doesn't really have any friends at school. Part of this is because she keeps to herself, she would rather study and get perfect grades than talk and make friends. Besides, she already has her college planned out: Harvard or Yale for undergraduate studies, and then a grad school in Europe to become a historian/archaeologist/museum curator/doctor of history. She likes to do everything she can when it comes to books and learning, which means she makes no time for other activities. Except for art. She loves drawing and painting, and she's really good at it, but she won't even try to pursue it as a career because she is worried about what her parents would say if she even suggested it. Stubborn, smart, and a bit quirky, Lennon is an oddity in their small town in Oregon.

Appearance: Despite being bookish and odd, Lennon is a very pretty girl who stands at about 5'4" and is quite slender for her age. She has fair skin, seeing as she spends most of her time reading or doing homework, and even when she reads outside, she stays in the shade so as not to get a sunburn. She has big grey blue eyes, a small button nose, and full round lips. She not very curvy in terms of her figure, but she doesn't mind that so much. She doesn't care if she's noticed or not, unlike most of the girls at their school. She usually wears simple, classy clothing, trying to differentiate herself from other high schoolers as much as she can. The most interesting thing about her, however, is her hair, which she keeps short in a pixie cut. Her hair is chestnut brown, and she refuses to dye it or grow it out. She liked to keep her appearance as natural as possible overall, so she doesn't spend hours primping or glamorizing herself.

Hobbies: Reading, writing, studying, drawing. painting

Other: Nope, that's pretty much it.

(@Webster: Good job patching up your form again, but personally, I feel the name is a bit sueish, I don't think you'll ever meet anyone named Ahruke Firestorm in real life)

(@Becca: Accepted)

Lennon sighed softly as she walked to the meeting area of the road trip. She honestly felt like there was a big pit in her stomach. She really didn't want to go on this road trip. What she really wanted to do was sit at home and read her books and do a study on the indigenous peoples of South America. But no, her parents had forced her to sign up for the trip. "It'll be fun," they had told her. "You'll make so many friends and learn so many new things!" Well, the learning had made signing up a bit easier, but now that it was barely fifteen minutes until they planned to leave, she was really regretting letting her parents trick her like that. She sat her small suitcase down on the ground and clutched her purse against her chest. She was fairly certain she wasn't going to know anyone on the trip.

Alright. Since I feel the need to post I'm going to start.

Todd jumped out of his mom's silver Toyota with a duffel packed with his belongings, slamming the door shut and finding himself at the very spot in the high school parking lot where most school days began for him. The only difference was, this time, he wasn't going to school; rather, he was here to meet up with other people, who just like him, had absolutely nothing to do over the summer. He knew for sure he would have a great time, though, since he knew that there had to be somebody that he knew who had also jumped at the opportunity to travel across the States for the entire summer. After waving good bye to his mother and watching the Toyota zip away out of sight, Todd turned around and began to walk towards the spot where he had been instructed to meet up with the others who were on this trip. There was nobody around except for one girl, who Todd recognized as a girl in his grade- What was her name again? He couldn't remember her name, but nonetheless, he walked up, put his duffel on the ground, and followed suit, sitting down on the pavement. "Hey there."

Lennon watched as Todd approached her, and while he didn't seem to know her very well, she sure as heck knew who he was. Being practically invisible had its perks. For example, she knew pretty much everything about everyone in the school, but nobody knew anything about her. She knew Todd had potential to be an excellent student, but he goofed off all the time-- something that annoyed Lennon to no end. She hated that he was content with just getting by in his classes; it was never something she would have been happy about. She was a straight A student, top of their class, and she wanted to keep it that way. Still, she allowed herself to smile at him and say, "Hello." Then she wasn't sure what to say after that. Socializing with other students her age was not one of her strong suits. She could talk to adults just fine, but her peers... well, that was a whole different story. She looked down at the ground and shuffled her feet awkwardly, hoping that maybe he would salvage their doomed conversation somehow. or maybe just let it go.

EPIC OLD MAN CHAPERONE FOR THE WIN

Name: Jermaine Russells

Personality: Jermaine is a nearly eerily quiet man, who rarely speaks, and he tends to ignore people when they try to speak to him. His facial expression rarely ever changes from its usual stonyness, and he is almost always spotted simply just spacing out. Underneath his silent, easily-interpreted-as-creepy behavior, Jermaine is very intelligent, and can easily solve puzzles and problems without having to put too much thought into them. Although it may seem like he's always been the way he acts, the truth is, Jermaine used to be quite a different person, with a much more outgoing personality. But due to an incident in his past, he no longer acts the way he does. It makes one wonder exactly why he decided to volunteer to drive a bunch of teens around the States all summer..

Appearance: Jermaine is an average sized African American male, who, despite appearing frail, isn't as weak as he appears. As an old man, he stands at 5'8, and 140 lbs. He has extremely short, thinning white hair on his head, and white stubble on his chin. He has brown eyes, with a mole next to his right eye. Since he's old, fashion doesn't really seem to matter to him, and he only wears slacks, khakis, polos, and plain shoes.

Hobbies: Reading

Other: He's sort of a mystery.

"Hey...." Todd laid back, laying his head on his duffel. "What's up? Your parents force you to go on this thing too?" He stared up at some clouds, watching them move. God, he really hoped that his summer wasn't going to end up being spent just staring at the sky the entire time. He seriously hoped there was going to be at least one other guy or girl or somebody he actually knew on this trip, otherwise, well, he was going to be caught in slightly awkward situations like the one he was caught in at the moment.

(Fail post xP)

Lennon said, "Yeah, pretty much. I mean... I guess I don't mind going..." That was a lie. "But this isn't my idea of the perfect summer." She sighed and looked away, starting to pace slightly. These kinds of interactions really freaked her out. She much preferred the company of books and homework to other students. This was going to be an awful trip, she could tell. She pulled out a book from her purse and started reading it carefully, wondering if anyone else was going to show up.

(oh gosh i am so sorry i had a lot i needed to do so this is really late oh my goodness sorry u_ u!!!!!!)

Name: Victor Dove

Personality: Victor is a quiet, secretive boy with a large imagination. He's one of those people who knows it's very easy to trust others with things, but he just chooses not to. He's moderate, clever and thinks before he acts, and can easily get away with anything he wants, and he also prefers to do things on his own. He always keeps a small sketchbook with him in his pocket along with an artist's pencil as he is quite an avid sketcher, and tends to get new ideas every minute of the day and loves to jot them down. He tends to stay inside doing work either on writing or sketching [he's out of school so no more homework], and favours to be on his own at school when there. He doesn't really know what it's like to have too many friends- he's really only had his family. He plays a tad bit of piano but nothing too complicated. He doesn't like playing sports or doing anything related to it and so somehow wriggles himself out of any situation related to physical activity. He also is becoming keen on learning card tricks and magic, but he doesn't seem too skilled yet. (this is really long oops u_u)

Appearance: Victor is a shortish, skinny, (about 5'0" and 82lbs.) pale boy with ruffled deep brown hair that reaches a bit past the back of his neck. He keeps a pair of circled reading glasses in order to just be able to read or sketch a little easier, and can often be seen wearing them. His eyes are a very light blue with just a glint of green in each, and quite noticeable bags as well. Coming to clothes he usually wears a gray-ish vest on top of a white dress shirt along with brown or black pants or something of the sort. He's not exactly one for fashion.

Hobbies: Writing, reading, drawing, practising magic tricks

Other:

(Mew, accepted :DD)

(Gah sorry I didn't reply till now, I was kinda busy xP)

Unable to sense Lennon's discomfort, Todd kept speaking. For him, talking was natural, and he had never really been the type to quietly sit, which was why his grades in school were nearly abysmal. "Yeah, I agree. My idea of a perfect summer would involve soccer, parties, and laziness. I had no desire to come on this trip, I thought my mom was kidding when she showed me the flyer. I thought it would be some stupid scam. Maybe it is, actually, since the person who's supposed to drive us around isn't here..."

(thank you thank you!! n w n )

Victor quietly walked into the meeting area, hoping there would be people other than just him, because who would sign up for these things- probably lots of people, right? So he was, in a way, relived to see two people already there- a girl and a boy- but strangely enough, there didn't seem to be a chaperone there yet.

"'Scuse me," Victor said, sort of tip-toeing quietly over to the two, "Are you here for the road trip? I think this is the right place and all at least," he muttered, rubbing the buttons on his vest nervously.

Lennon chuckled awkwardly and said, "Yes... Although I usually spend my summers trying to be productive. Like.. reading and studying. Or drawing." She shifted and marked the page in her book, then noticed Victor walking over to them. He'd always seemed pretty nice, quiet and studious. When he addressed them, she nodded. "Yes, we're both going on the road trip for the summer. You're Victor, aren't you?" She closed her book and looked from Todd to Victor. This was going to be a very hodgepodge group, that was sure enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back