Running All Tamas At Once - First Log Ever!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Decotchi

Reaction score
A few weeks ago I decided to rebuild my tama collection and bring a little joy back into my life. :chohimetchi:  I'm still waiting for a couple tamas to arrive in the post, but I've decided to run all the tamas I currently have just for fun!

To clarify, I do work from home so I have the luxury of giving these tamas the constant attention they deserve and a place of honor on my desk. Still, I expect this to be a bit challenging, especially since I'm running a few Japanese versions I'm not 100% familiar with yet.

I already have 3 tamas running, all in teen stage:

1. V3 (Constellations) - Obotchi (female)
  2. Entama (Matcha Frill) - Young Memetchi (female)
  3. Keitai (Ichigo Milk) - Ringotchi (male)

Capture-d-e-cran-2020-07-17-a-13-54-13.png

My boyfriend is technically running the V3 (his first experience with a tamagotchi!) but we're sharing the care since he's still getting the hang of it.

These are the tamas I will be starting up today:

1. Osutchi & Mesutchi pair (smoke/clear)
  2. Uratama (Ura Music)
  3. Keitai Akai (White)
  4. Keitai Akai (Apples)

Capture-d-e-cran-2020-07-17-a-13-52-25.png
Capture-d-e-cran-2020-07-17-a-13-52-21.png

In total I will be running 8 tamas. This is the first tama log I've ever made, so I apologize in advance for any formatting issues!

I'll be posting an update later today once I've started my tamas up. I just wanted to get started with this log and familiarize myself with the process  :tarakotchi:

Last edited by a moderator:
In total I will be running 8 tamas. This is the first tama log I've ever made, so I apologize in advance for any formatting issues!
Your formatting looks good to me :)

Sounds fun running so many tamas at once :)

Looking forward to reading more of the log, especially since these are tamas I'm not familiar with. I played the tamagotchi original and angel and ocean as a kid back in 1998 but I never played with any tamas after that first wave.

Your formatting looks good to me :)

Sounds fun running so many tamas at once :)

Looking forward to reading more of the log, especially since these are tamas I'm not familiar with. I played the tamagotchi original and angel and ocean as a kid back in 1998 but I never played with any tamas after that first wave.
Thanks! I'm waiting for a calm moment in my day so I can set them all up.

I love the Angel and Ocean! I had them in my previous collection but I'm waiting until I find the exact shells I want at a good price before adding them to my rebuild. 

You should try JapanYouWant! They have a bunch of tamas there- including rare ones!

Link here: japanyouwant.com

They also sell other things!

(EDIT: Just went there and saw that they had forgotten everything in my cart TwT )

(ANOTHER EDIT XD : logged in to my account and saw that they actually didn't. --^--

You should try JapanYouWant! They have a bunch of tamas there- including rare ones!

Link here: japanyouwant.com

They also sell other things!

(EDIT: Just went there and saw that they had forgotten everything in my cart TwT )

(ANOTHER EDIT XD : logged in to my account and saw that they actually didn't. --^--
Oh I just bought the Entama, Uratama, and Osu/Mesu pair from them (and some candy haha)! I do think I'll get the Angel from them in the future, but the customs fee is pretty pricey to France so I was waiting to see if something comparable appeared on eBay  B)

Since we're all here talking about sites to check for virtual pets, they sometimes crop up on Etsy, as well, since that site allows for the sale of vintage goods alongside handmade ones. ;)

I'll be looking forward to seeing how this chaotic log turns out. :D

Ok so to begin the log!

Note: For simplicity's sake I'll be referring to my tamas by the version/shell that I'm running, rather than what I've named them. But rest assured they all have very cute names!

As I explained earlier, I already have three running:

1. V3 - Obotchi (female) 
  2. Entama  - Young Memetchi (female) 
  3. Keitai - Ringotchi (male)

The V3 was the first version I ever had, so I'm the most comfortable with this tama. My boyfriend is running this one mainly, but he hands her off to me most of the day.

The Keitai is pretty similar, so it just took a little while for me to get used to the menus in Japanese, and the games - the only overlap is Get🎶, the rest are new to me. I never had a "normal" Keitai before, just a Keitai Akai for a brief period before selling my previous collection. So far I enjoy it! Especially with this adorable Ichigo Milk shell. 

I have to admit, I was a bit sad to discover that the V3 and Keitai can't marry! My boyfriend and I had started them up at the same time with the intent of pairing them - they even hatched boy & girl on the first try! But oh well, when my ice cream cone V3 arrives we'll try then. 

The Entama is proving a little trickier, as the games are a bit challenging. I've been trying to increase my Tama's Kindness points but the hammer & nail game was frustrating at first. I've been getting the hang of it though! Hopefully she'll be a genius in no time. I've been reading as many Entama guides as possible to try and get used to the ins and outs, since this version has more intricacies than the English V4. 

The first thing I did was make sure my three current tamas were all in a good place. That meant playing games to get my GUTs points up (for the Entama), and making sure the Keitai and V3 were happy, not overweight, and trained well. My Entama is evolving into an adult tomorrow so I want to make sure I can get her GUTs points higher so she has a decent shot at a career.

Normally I don't like to start my tamas up in the evenings because I hate having to wait until the end of the day for evolutions, but since my current three all evolve earlier in the day I figured it wouldn't matter much. 

Now, for the tamas I'm starting up today! 

1. Osutchi & Mesutchi pair 
  2. Uratama
  3. Akai (White)
  4. Akai (Apples)

I started up my Osu/Mesu pair first after refreshing my memory on the basics. My experience with this version is much like the Entama - I had a pair briefly before selling my collection, so I'm not entirely new to the experience but it has been a few years! I had a mini heart-attack while installing the batteries on the Osu - I heard the initial startup beep, but then the screen was blank! The Mesu was fine so I figured maybe it was something I was doing wrong. I realized I was wearing hand lotion, so that might have affected the battery contact - sure enough, I wiped down the batteries and everything was fine. Crisis averted!  ^_^

Anyway, here's the lovely couple so far!

IMG-5205.jpg

I really enjoy Osu/Mesu, so I'm excited to gain more experience with them. 

I then started up both of my Akais! This is probably one of my favorite tama versions, simply because the red/pink theme is just so cute! I love every character and the food and games. Definitely the most excited about these.

Here they are!

IMG-5208.jpg

Finally, my Uratama! Like the Entama, I had a brief experience with this but nothing too in-depth so this will be a learning experience for sure.

IMG-5209.jpg

I really love the characters of this version as well, so I'm very excited all around!

And that's it for today! I'll be documenting anything particularly cute that occurs tonight, and I'll update this log tomorrow evening, once all the respective evolutions have occurred, for simplicity's sake.  :chohimetchi:

Day 2!

I slept in a bit since it was Saturday, but was motivated to wake up when I heard the Tama Mail come in on my Uratama and Entama. Everyone was still healthy and happy!

Since I started up my Osu/Mesu, Akais, and Uratama late in the evening, they evolved and immediately fell asleep so I didn't have a chance to take a photo in the moment. Here they are now!

Note: I apologize in advance for the photo quality. It's been tricky to photograph the Akai and Uratama due to the pixel colors, but I'm trying!

IMG-5210.jpg

V3 - Obotchi

Keitai - Ringotchi

Akai - both Cheritchi

Entama - Young Memetchi

Uratama - Hanekotchi

Osu/Mesu - both Mohitamatchi

I felt like a true multi-tasker yesterday evening - working, cooking dinner, and tidying up while attending to five pooping, crying tama babies. It was definitely fun though!

The first order of business today was to introduce my tamas to each other! Since the V3 can connect with the Keitai and both Akais, she had a lot of fun with eating contests and balloon popping:

IMG-5214.jpg
IMG-5215.jpg
IMG-5216.jpg

Sadly it doesn't seem like she can connect with the Entama or Uratama, but at least they can connect with each other and the other Japanese versions. I decided to spend the day getting really familiarized with the Japanese tama features, since there are so many cool details.

IMG-5217.jpg

I'm really enjoying the overall aesthetic of the Uratama, and I'm super excited to see what character I get! I briefly glanced at the growth charts but I don't want to aim for anything specific on my first run, I'd like to enjoy it the way I did as a kid, just playing for fun and seeing what happens naturally.

IMG-5222.jpg

I spent some time trying to figure out how to connect the Uratama to the Entama and Keitai units, since I know they are compatible to be friends. The Uratama has way more connection options than the Entama, which was already confusing enough as it is! But I figured it out in the end...I am still having trouble connecting the Uratama to the Keitai and Akai units and according to everything I've read they should be able to play games together. If anyone has any info on what menu options to choose I will be eternally grateful as I can't seem to find the specifics!

IMG-5220.jpg

My Akai pair is super cute,  and I can't wait to get them married! The white shell is female, apple shell is male.

IMG-5218.jpg

My Osu/Mesu pair has been living life as well, albeit each in their own shell. I find it interesting that they can't connect just to interact - unless they're still too young in this version? I can't seem to find any information about the connection process with this version, but it seems as though it's reserved for adulthood and marriage. Correct me if I'm wrong!

IMG-5224.jpg

I don't think there will be any evolutions today, since my teens won't be adults until tomorrow and my toddlers evolved so late in the evening, I think they might just evolve tomorrow morning because of that.

All in all, a calm day with 8 tama babies!

Day 3 - Part one

Today we have some exciting evolutions - in fact, I currently have three sets of "twins"! Of course the Osu/Mesu pair isn't a coincidence, but the others definitely are!

IMG-5227.jpg

IMG-5229.jpg

IMG-5226.jpg

(And how cute is it to have Ringotchi with this apple-themed shell!?)

The Uratama and V3, along with the above Osu/Mesu are actually due for evolutions later today, so I'll be updating accordingly - but I thought this was too cute a coincidence not to share!

Day 2 - Part Two (Final)

The evolutions of the day are complete it seems! The V3 has evolved into none other than Mametchi:

IMG-5232.jpg

She celebrated with a little song  ^_^

I spent most of today playing as many games with each tama as possible, both to boost GUTs points where needed...

IMG-5233.jpg
IMG-5249.jpg

IMG-5237.jpg
IMG-5250.jpg

...and to help a few of my tamas lose weight  :lol:  

IMG-5248.jpg

A 60g toddler seems a little excessive, but the Osu/Mesu pair lose hearts so frequently that it's usually simpler to feed them snacks rather than play a full game of Flag. It is a simple game though, and much easier to play with two tamas simultaneously than you might think! Here's me mid-game:

IMG-5240.jpg
IMG-5247.jpg
IMG-5245.jpg

The trick is to pick a color flag for each tama. For example, with my Mesu on the left, I'll always choose the white flag (left), and for the Osu on the right I'll always choose the black flag (right). That way, while holding them both together it really only feels like you're playing one big game! I haven't lost a round yet. So far it seems like toddler stage lasts a lot longer on Osu/Mesu, it's already evening and everyone else (except my Uratama teen) has evolved.

My Keitai and Akais bonded today, and exchanged some cute gifts:

IMG-5230.jpg

And then my Keitai got drunk on sake, haha

IMG-5252.jpg
IMG-5254.jpg

And my Akai pair have been enjoying each other's company so much that they've already reached best-friend stage! I'm really excited to see what their adult evolutions will be.

IMG-5236.jpg
IMG-5234.jpg

I still have yet to figure out how to get my Entama and Uratama to connect with my V3. From everything I've read it appears to be possible, but no matter which options I choose it always fails. Currently my Keitai is the most compatible, and has 5 other friends (V3, both Akais, Entama, and Uratama). I do want to add another Keitai to my collection, simply for pairing purposes. I have my eye on the Ichigo Yogurt shell, to match the current Ichigo Milk. 

I'm also trying my best to increase the GUTs points on both my Entama and Uratama. The Entama games are more challenging, but I'm getting the hang of it. The Uratama games are extremely quick and simple, which is a nice contrast! 

Tomorrow should bring more evolutions with it, hopefully my Osu/Mesu pair and Uratama will enter the teen stage if it doesn't happen later tonight!

Day 3

It's been a busy day, but I still managed to spend time with my tamas. We had three evolutions this morning!

My Osu/Mesu pair evolved into teen stage. I just love Obotchi and Ojyotchi so much - they're probably my favorite teens!

IMG-5257.jpg
IMG-5258.jpg

And my Uratama evolved into Ura Young Memetchi!

IMG-5261.jpg

I seem to get the Meme group a lot on my V4s and V4.5s - even in my previous collection I kept getting this family. Not really a complaint, but it would be nice to experience the Kuchi group for once!

Other than that my tamas have been just enjoying the day. My Entama has yet to receive her job, which I'm pleased about since it gives me more time to increase her GUTs points. My Akai pair are still enjoying each other's company and my V3 and Keitai have been enjoying newfound adulthood. 

All in all, a relaxing tama day  ^_^

I should be receiving a few more tamas in the mail in the coming days, and I might just add them to the log when they do, since I can't wait to try them out! 

Day 4

My Akai pair has evolved! Introducing Memetchi and Debatchi:

IMG-5264.jpg
IMG-5263.jpg

I'll be connecting them as much as possible to encourage some romance  :wub:

From what I can tell, their current friendship stage is at the highest (for Debatchi towards Memetchi) and second highest (for Memetchi towards Debatchi). This may have something to do with the fact that little Debatchi had a habit of sending over poop during visits  <_<

My Entama has some good news as well - she's officially a chef!

IMG-5265.jpg
IMG-5266.jpg

I was pleasantly surprised that I didn't get rejected from this job, considering how challenging it was to earn GUTs points. I remember it being a little trickier in the English V4 to ace a job interview - I was constantly rejected.

As for everyone else...

My Uratama won't be evolving for a while, so for now it's a matter of gather those GUTs points! And my Keitai and V3 are still in the glory days of adulthood, just enjoying life. I'll be a little sad to see them married off!

My Osu/Mesu pair is also doing well, and I'm very eager for them to reach adulthood so that they can FINALLY meet!

Last but not least, my Argos V5 arrived in the mail this morning!

IMG-5262.jpg

I'll be adding this one to my challenge soon, but today I have a lot going on so I don't want to make these poor tamas suffer for it! 

Might start it up later in the evening, when work is calmer and chores are done  ^_^

Day 4 - Familitchi Addition!

This running-all-tamas challenge just got more challenging! I decided to add #9 to the mix - my new V5. 

After (almost) every other tama went to bed, I decided to start up my V5. Here we have the suspenseful egg trio:

IMG-5270.jpg

I was very familiar with V5s years ago, but since I haven't played one in about...six years (more or less)...I needed to brush up on the basics.

IMG-5274.jpg

The big reveal! Proud of this action shot I managed to snag, haha. I decided to name them the "Fifi" family, just because I find that generic pet name funny and cute. Here's the lineup:

IMG-5279.jpg
IMG-5280.jpg
IMG-5281.jpg

We're off to a great start! I caught them mid-poop for some much-needed training:

IMG-5278.jpg

I decided to post this log tonight, since I know as soon as they evolve they'll immediately go to bed. Tomorrow I'll update you on the evolutions - plus my Keitai is most likely going to get married tomorrow, so we're in for another exciting day!

I also noticed that my ice cream cone V3 may be arriving in the mail soon, so who knows? We might have a tenth addition to this challenge soon  B)  

On that note, does anyone know what the most tamas run at once has been (at least here on TamaTalk)? I'd be curious to find out to see if I could beat the record as my collection grows further!

I used to run all my Tamas a few years back. Now I run like 3 max XD. Good on you! Excited to see more updates!
Thanks! I know at some point I'll narrow it down to a few, but since I'm rebuilding my collection I just want to try them all out as soon as they arrive. I'm also kind of curious to know what the record number of tamas is...maybe that will be my 2020 challenge  :lol:

but since I'm rebuilding my collection I just want to try them all out as soon as they arrive.
That's what I did back when I first got here! It got overwhelming quickly, but it's still something that I do when I pick up a bunch of new virtual pets at once.

Eventually a rebuild becomes a revival, a whole new collection, though, at which point the very idea is crazy. :lol:

Latest posts

Back