Screen Scratch Repair Question

Help Support TamaTalk:

Maskutchi

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone has used PolyWatch or similar to repair screen scratches. I was wondering about such products and their longevity. Is it better to live with the scratches? I was mostly wondering if the repair medium would be fine over time or would somehow go bad. I wouldn't want my screen turning yellow or have other problems.

Bentobuff

Reaction score
I have polywarch that I've been procrastinating on using (^~^)ゞ
I'll take one for the team someday before yooooo terribly long. I'll let you know how it goes!

I never thought about it yellowing tho, I'll be sure to try it out on one I'm not as worried about. It'd be awful if I used it on, say, my V1 and it ruined it ⊙﹏⊙

Last edited:

Maskutchi

Reaction score
I read a bit about PolyWatch, and my understanding is it does not fill the scratches but instead is like a liquid sand paper and by buffing the medium into the plastic face it buffs out the scratches. I also read some reviews on Amazon where other Tamagotchi owners said it worked for them. So I decided to give it a try.

Sorry, no before and after photos but for me it worked very well and I recommend it. I had bought a used V1 off eBay. It looked very good in photos, but upon arrival it had complete minor surface scuffing all over the screen that would not show in a photo. The screen should be a bit shiney, smooth and reflective. The one I received had minor surface scratches all over and the screen looked dull and not shiney or reflective. I applied a dot of PolyWatch to the center and wiped/buffed a dozen times. After about 6 passes it looked fantastic, but I did 6 more passes to see about clearing the few minor nicks that were left. My tama now looks excellent quality with only a few barely noticeable scratches as most used tamas may look.

The directions say to apply pressure when buffing but when I do that the screen pixels get activated. So I did not apply as much pressure as they may recommend, but it still worked great.

I used a cotton muslin washcloth to buff. A cotton swab or lens cloth would probably work well too.

meeksnpoke

Reaction score
how deep would you say your screen scratches are? i recently came into possession of a rikou no koibito unit that looks like its been chewed up by a dog, so theres one kinda deep scratch on it, and ive been wondering if this product would help me.

Maskutchi

Reaction score
As for a bite mark I would say it would not help. No harm to try it though.

My screen was covered fully with superficial scuffs making the plastic look foggy and with a few medium scratches. It buffed the foggy look right out and the medium scratches became minor ones.