Serious replies only. Is it possible to raise any tama version vegan? (In particular connections)

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mametchimama

Reaction score
Doing a bit of research I see steak and croissant is only option for uratama baby. I’m unsure if this is to 4.5 connection as well. It seems to be sandwich and I think sushi (unsure what that is) for entama. Plus you can make foods.
I am trying to research the rest. To save the hassle, does anyone know if this is possible?

thank you

Last edited:
I'm not 100% sure if I'm honest. Can't say I know what is and isn't vegan.

However, from Connection V3 to 4.5 Default meals you get Scone, Sushi, Bread, and Cereal.
For default snacks you'll get Cone, I forget the second option -_-, Pudding and Apple for V3 or Orange for V4 and 4.5

I'm not 100% sure if I'm honest. Can't say I know what is and isn't vegan.

However, from Connection V3 to 4.5 Default meals you get Scone, Sushi, Bread, and Cereal.
For default snacks you'll get Cone, I forget the second option -_-, Pudding and Apple for V3 or Orange for V4 and 4.5
The second option is a tart.

I'm sure you can, I just don't remember the details of which ones, I'll boot up a my V1 and check tonight. I'm also awaiting a V2 and V3 in the mail so I'll check those when I raise em and make a video on it.

That said, vegan since 2009 here. I remember trying to do the same thing. In the end, remember it's just pixels- and at this point in my life when I say "I want a burger for lunch," I, and the people in my life, know it to mean I really want a veggie burger and we can pick from the plethora of options available these days.
You can buy tubes of bakable vegan friendly croissants IRL or make em vegan at home. boom, your tama now has vegan croissants.
Vegan sushi is available most places, I've even made the spam kind at home with a baked seitan recipe I use. There you go, vegan sushi for your tama.
Cereal? Soy, oat, rice, or almond milk? Yup, vegan friendly tama cereal.

Just egg is a vegan brand of liquid egg, so anything more heavily egg based, tama version wheeeeeee! :ichigotchi:

Heck, gardien even has "turkey" cutlets and gravy, and cauliflower steaks are a thing too(although that one is a bit harder to consider veg as the two have zero visual similarities 😅).

I hope this helps! The longer you're vegan this sort of mental switch with tamas will become much easier as you become more comfortable not using the words "vegan," "veggie," or the prefix "veg-" before most veganized foods.

Also, with certain versions(like with the digimon) you can view it like the cat thing. Cats are obligate carnivores. If you work closely with a vet you can put them on a vegan diet but it might not actually be healthy for the cat. Digimon would literally starve.

I know you're not as concerned with the new ones but the Pix has a huge variety of foods and it would be completely possible to raise them vegan. There are a lot of meat options but plenty of other options as well. I think the only questionable thing is as a baby you must feed them milk, though you could consider it formula called milk, or a nut milk or rice milk or whatever, or milk taken directly from a Tamagotchi parent and not farmed... or those kinds of things.

After that you can feed them a large variety of foods, including things like fruit salad for a meal. The staple meal is bagel and the staple snack is lollipop so you always have those options, then at the restaurant you have plenty of vegan options for meals like french fries, etc., things you can consider vegan that aren't specified like pizza, and for desserts/snacks you can feed them straight up fruits, stuff like juice and lemonade, or you can cook and get all kinds of other options, too.

You might not like that when cooking you get random results, so you might be trying to good Vegetable Curry and end up making Garlic Shrimp (you don't have to eat it, you can "delete" it, but you might not like the fact that it got cooked up in the first place). Cooking is completely optional, though, so you can always go with vegan restaurant options and the fruits you grow yourself in the garden.

But yeah the Pix is quite different from the Connections so it might not be your thing ^^

And I agree the Digimon are carnivores naturally so they have to eat meat. However, the "meat" is from the Digital World where it is created completely out of data and doesn't come from animals or other Digimon, so you could consider it vegan perhaps.

And I agree the Digimon are carnivores naturally so they have to eat meat. However, the "meat" is from the Digital World where it is created completely out of data and doesn't come from animals or other Digimon, so you could consider it vegan perhaps.
It's been a heck of a week, totally forgot about booting up the V1 (^~^)ゞ
I didn't think about the whole digital thing with it just being data before, bit also in the anime they most definitely kill other digimon and consume their data, at least in tamers. That miiiight be an issue there. (˘・_・˘)

I'm about to head home in a bit, so I'll edit this particular post when I test their food, but I remember the baby is most definitely given different color formulas/baby bottles on the V1 for meals and snacks. Setting a reminder now! :lol:

Well in the Digimon vpets they don't do that at least XD And I haven't seen Tamers so I didn't know about that o_o In the ones I've seen the only things they do is defeat Digimon which returns them to a Digitama, definitely no consumption of others that I can remember XD

Well in the Digimon vpets they don't do that at least XD And I haven't seen Tamers so I didn't know about that o_o In the ones I've seen the only things they do is defeat Digimon which returns them to a Digitama, definitely no consumption of others that I can remember XD
Yeah it was pretty brutal, part of the whole struggle is where Renamon consumes the data of the digimon she defeats to she can get stronger and potentially digivolve. Part of the pairing's character growth arc.

Also I just booted up my V1. It COULD be character dependant, but the tarakotchi I had running last eats a hunk of meat off the bone al la digimon ver20th style. And IF different characters do eat different things, what character you get is based off care and not skill points, so it's not like one could gaurentee one could get veg-eating character. All that might come between being put in that uncomfortable position as a tama-parent is one uncontrollable care-mistake. So I don't think it's a good fit.
I don't remember the deal with the V2 and food, so when my V2 and V3 arrive, I'll do a bit of a breakdown with any insights I gain there as well.

I also know various vintage tama's just eat bowls of rice and candy. But that's pre-connection era and there might be a difference between japanese and international versions. 🤔👍

I also know various vintage tama's just eat bowls of rice and candy. But that's pre-connection era and there might be a difference between japanese and international versions. 🤔👍

Oh yeah, that's true!

P1s eat rice and candy in JP, bread and candy in GL.

P2s eat rice balls and cake in JP, and burgers and cake in GL. I guess the burgers could be veggie burgers ^^ I'm going to from now on imagine the burgers are black bean burgers from White Castle when I play with mine :)

Angel eats pie and chocolates. And the Mori eats leaves and stuff cuz it's a bug.

I'm sure you can, I just don't remember the details of which ones, I'll boot up a my V1 and check tonight. I'm also awaiting a V2 and V3 in the mail so I'll check those when I raise em and make a video on it.

That said, vegan since 2009 here. I remember trying to do the same thing. In the end, remember it's just pixels- and at this point in my life when I say "I want a burger for lunch," I, and the people in my life, know it to mean I really want a veggie burger and we can pick from the plethora of options available these days.
You can buy tubes of bakable vegan friendly croissants IRL or make em vegan at home. boom, your tama now has vegan croissants.
Vegan sushi is available most places, I've even made the spam kind at home with a baked seitan recipe I use. There you go, vegan sushi for your tama.
Cereal? Soy, oat, rice, or almond milk? Yup, vegan friendly tama cereal.

Just egg is a vegan brand of liquid egg, so anything more heavily egg based, tama version wheeeeeee! :ichigotchi:

Heck, gardien even has "turkey" cutlets and gravy, and cauliflower steaks are a thing too(although that one is a bit harder to consider veg as the two have zero visual similarities 😅).

I hope this helps! The longer you're vegan this sort of mental switch with tamas will become much easier as you become more comfortable not using the words "vegan," "veggie," or the prefix "veg-" before most veganized foods.

Also, with certain versions(like with the digimon) you can view it like the cat thing. Cats are obligate carnivores. If you work closely with a vet you can put them on a vegan diet but it might not actually be healthy for the cat. Digimon would literally starve.
Vegan Tamagotchi owners rise up 👊

I kinda don't like to broadcast my veganism. I only brought it up because it was relevant to the thread and I had something I felt was valuable to share. I'm still waiting for my v2 and v3, but they need to clear customs and whatnot before I can dive into the foods available for those types of tamas.

The reason I'm reluctant to really discuss it in general is because the community can be REAL toxic if one is imperfect at it, and focusing on perfection also actively alienates my nonvegan friends and loved ones. I stopped associating with the community about 4 or so years ago and mostly stopped using the word to describe myself a year or two ago. (^~^)ゞ

Doing a bit of research I see steak and croissant is only option for uratama baby. I’m unsure if this is to 4.5 connection as well. It seems to be sandwich and I think sushi (unsure what that is) for entama. Plus you can make foods.
I am trying to research the rest. To save the hassle, does anyone know if this is possible?

thank you
It looks too long after my last post to avoid double posting(I'd normally just edit) but my V2 and V3 arrived!
I opted to reload the prior data on the v2 and v3, sadly the V3 had been reset but the v2 still had it's character saved on there.
The V3 appears to have the adult options starting at infancy so here are the built in stock foods in the order they're in the menu:

V2:
meal: bread
snack: pudding
Treat: looks like it holds things you buy from the shop, looks purely optional but I looked in the shop. There was apple pie, a lollipop, and a peanut. If the shop is anything like the ver3 and onward, it should restock several times a day.

V3:
Meal: scone, sushi, bread, cereal
Snack: cone, pudding, tart, apple

Honestly, that's a really solid lineup for things that are default foods on the V3! And idk about where you live but they sell vegan ice cream/sorbet at nearly every ice cream place where I live, and most have at least one sort of vegan cone. Pudding is getting easier and easier to find veganized, even the jello brand has instructions on the boxes for making their puddings with plant based milks!
Tarts are mostly fruit with a little crust, and the apple is easily vegan by default.

I don't have any plans to buy more tama's in the near future, so you'll have to go off of what other people shared as base food options(although if you want to know about a different tama don't hesitate to ask, I have a sizable collection)

Also, don't forget that your tama can earn points to buy food with, so even if you opt for a tama that doesn't have strict enough base foods(as in just foods in their base forms, in case you're worried about the sugar in the apple pie char, for instance, and only being comfortable with, say, the apple) so you can buy food from the tama shop, although it may be a touch tricky to get what you want.
If you decide to go that route I really reccomend the entama and uratama solely based on the ability to use the e warehouse program on PC(if you have access). You'll be able to generate codes for free points and also codes for food. It hacks the system but hey, it's your vpet, you should enjoy it how you want to!

When people told me I ruined my On because I connected it to the app Blinky helped create I couldn't help but be amused. As much as some people might want to think a Tamagotchi is a sort of community property and people shouldn't modify them, I have to say as long as you're not literally borrowing it off of someone else, then it's yours to do with as you please.

Also, the other day my digimon xros wars arrived! It apparently just eats protien bars (or plain protien powder) and supplements/vitamins. I suppose a digimon CAN go veg when consulting a digi-vet :tongue:

The thread-title specifically asks for serious replies only, so please stick to that. I have refrained from saying anything so far because I'm not vegan myself and don't have the knowledge to add anything especially useful to the thread (the best that I can say is that these are virtual pets with virtual food, and imagination is already a prerequisite for enjoying these toys anyway, but that's already been handled far more eloquently by others who actually do have knowledge of the subject at hand), but it's still my job to make sure that due respect is shown for the thought-exercise that's being discussed.

Likewise, however...

Militant behaviour is never a good look. But, @Bentobuff puts it far better than I can;

I kinda don't like to broadcast my veganism. I only brought it up because it was relevant to the thread and I had something I felt was valuable to share. I'm still waiting for my v2 and v3, but they need to clear customs and whatnot before I can dive into the foods available for those types of tamas.

The reason I'm reluctant to really discuss it in general is because the community can be REAL toxic if one is imperfect at it, and focusing on perfection also actively alienates my nonvegan friends and loved ones. I stopped associating with the community about 4 or so years ago and mostly stopped using the word to describe myself a year or two ago. (^~^)ゞ
This sort of sensible and considerate approach, which is also exhibited by most in this thread, is commendable. :smile2: Many thanks to all of you who are keeping it real, here, for maintaining an interesting topic.

Now, with that, I return you to your regularly-scheduled thread. Keep it sensible and polite, everybody! ;))

Latest posts

Back