should there be a tax for food,it is a neccesity

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

webkinz60

Reaction score
[SIZE=21pt]there should only be a tax on junk food i mean food is a neccesity and junk food is not and that also may make people limit junkfoods down to one or two bags and not five and it would also save money and no taxes on drinks either[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think so. well, I don't know taxes that well so I can't explain, but I don't think it should.

a tax is extra money we are at 8 cents every dollar so a 2 dollar bag of chips becomes a 2 dollar and 16 cents bag of chips

Tax isn't really all that bad. Sure, it's confusing to have to add up all the tax when trying to figure out how much money to pay, but it's no big deal.

:D

They should have taxes for everything because it helps build schools, buildings, roads, and helps the Government make things that we need in everyday life.

There really should be a tax on everything. Taxes is where the money comes from that improves our community.

I don't get the choice "i like gatorade". It's kind of random. I have been seeing lots of polls saying random answers.

sometimes but not always sometimes the peole just keep it,not the mayor wal-mart i know a cvs employee that does

Plus some people really flip when they find out that the might have to pay extra taxes.

Off topic sort of:

Our budget didn't pass because people in our town didn't want to pay extra taxes to support our school D=

So know, our budget is cut and we are getting a dress code. >__>

i like that part of taxes but why do they have to charge poor people for a sewer dept the at they could have used the laptop money to pay and it is a good thing they got the laptops all accept for the fact that they needed that money for the sewer dept and i just wish that america had more money to pay the sewer dept get bigger schools and much more

a tax is extra money we are at 8 cents every dollar so a 2 dollar bag of chips becomes a 2 dollar and 16 cents bag of chips
Heheh, I know what taxes are, but I don't know how to back up my explaination. I just don't think it would good. That's good.

And yeah, taxes are kind of annoying some times, and I think they're doing ok with the money they get from taxes...well I'm not sure. Haha, that's what I mean by I don't know taxes very well.

i know you know i was just explaining it because i said it wrong i meant taxes on items not like yearly taxes in other words i messed up

[SIZE=21pt]there should only be a tax on junk food i mean food is a neccesity and junk food is not and that also may make people limit junkfoods down to one or two bags and not five and it would also save money and no taxes on drinks either[/SIZE]
A similar idea has already been practiced in some Countries like AussieLand where healthy food like fruit and veggies are a lot cheaper than candy, chocolate and other treats. I'd like to see this in North America a bit more though.

If we're talking about the USA, I really think there are too many taxes to begin with, but taxing junk food is NOT a bad idea.

Honestly, Americans consume so much junk food it's not a miracle 1 in 3 of us will develop diabetes. If eating junk food became more expensive perhaps some of us would lead healthier lives.

I don't think they should charge a lot, but towns and cities use the money to make the town/city better, so they are technically not a bad thing at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back