So long....

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WackyWitch

Reaction score
Well... Something sad happened around a month ago...

After searching so long for it, I finally found my precious Uratama. But as it was there I noticed it wasn't in the best condition... Nevertheless I still enjoyed every minute playing with it. But as time went by it conditions sometimes get worse

I couldn't save it ....First, the upper skale of the symbols wasn't visible anymore, but I continue playing with because I loved it so much. But then... Pixels on the upper and down part of it went away that it got kinda unplayable... And so I know my Uratama was broken.

I turn it off. out of its misery... But It seems like there's no tama which can really fill the void. I tried my entama... But it just... Not helping. So I started thinking about starting completely new with a different tama, does anyone have an Idea which one I could use?

I would do that... If they wouldn't be so expensive :( finding a cheap Uratama is very hard I mean the one I found was 60€ which was the cheapest of them all. And the v 4.5 is even wayyy more expensive. But despite having the 4.5 ...it just doesn't really feel like it will help. I now trying out a complete different one and decided for my V3 because I like it's colour

Wait, you have an entama?! How brave are you? It sounds like the LCD screen in your uratama has died, but you could potentially switch out just the screens.
If they're not dark at all, it could alternatively just mean the screen isn't making enough contact and you could just simply need to tighten some screws.
If the screen is not visable because it's all black/gray the lcd screen is leaking and must be replaced.

Also, put the word out in Buy sell trade groups that you're looking for a japanese connection era screen. I'm reasonable certain a keitai screen could work with it as well. If someone has a broken tama they can part out, then you could try just installing a new screen

I do have a broken Keitai due to my idiot self. Because when I was cleaning it I with alcohol something seemed to made its way to the system and either broke the contacts of the tamas screen or broke the screen and after trying to repair it I made it worse and broke it completely.

Also I honestly won't broke my entama... I mean it already survived getting water while washing the dishes and being accidentally dipped in the water when I was at a lake and was standing it.... Forgetting that I had my tama around my neck... So using my entama is out of order. It's beautiful and I only have one

This is how the screen looks btw

IMG_20220930_234831.jpg
View attachment VID_63321215_222608_975.mp4

If you're entama has been in dirty water, all the more reason to take it apart and clean it out. That said, I'm kinda surprised you messed up the screen's contacts. I've taken these lil guys apart plenty of times and never had any issues that weren't fully my fault(the custom silver plated one was intense to get safely prepped on the inside); the most delicate part is the speaker wires.
If you live near a best buy, make sure to get yourself a grounding bracelet(theyre elasticy and have a curly wire cable with a clip). The only thing I can think of is maybe a lil static got in there and messed it all up.
If you're keitai is busted and your uratama doesn't work either, I'd honestly just take it to a clean table with clean dry hands, ground myself with one of those bracelets, take em apart, and try a screen swap.

Would you mind posting a pic of the damage on the messed up keitai screen?

Thanks for the information :)

And about the entama it gladly is fine, because when I went home, I did take it apart and dry the water with a paper towel, also before that I let it dry in the sun too.

So the reason I fucked up my keitai is because I was cleaning it with alcohol and it seem like some got in the system, then I took it apart completely to search for the place where the alcohol got, so I could dry it. Sadly wasn’t able to probably put it together like before. At the end I even saw how one wire that connect the battery slot to the tamagotchi got torn and thats when I knew that thing wont work anymore and also why I wouldnt try to repair my Uratama. Because I am afraid to make the damage bigger

Speaking about it, I do think the Uratama was a little damaged before, because it was a used one.

1. The slot where the icons were, were switching too fast when I pushed a button

2. At the beginning it had a bit problems with batteries showing they were dead despite they were functioning on other tamas ( but I am not sure about this if it was the tama or if they really were dead)

3. it even reset itself one time (or two times) when It accidentally dropped on the floor

But after that it didn’t had any issues. So I thought it was over….until a few weeks

Thats the damage of the keitai btw: 34384FED-A7F0-4546-8B9C-62C1DB03C87E.jpeg7601F351-7176-4DC3-ABDE-65DF197BA6E6.jpeg75425A1A-C48A-4C9A-A166-BE0D1724790E.jpegF38C0EDB-AD62-49FB-8503-A7572BEEE20B.jpeg

First off, you can just snip off the wires and cover the ends with electrical tape. They're only for the speaker, so while your Tama won't make sound anymore, it'd be perfectly playable(I had to remove the speaker when getting a shell silver-plated, it won't hurt anything), next paragraph aside.
That said, based on the big spot on the screen along with the other issues you noted, it does seem like your Tama is donezo. I wouldn't throw it out, however. You can use it for spare parts! Something pretty common is a critter getting a hold of the buttons and chewing them up, so it's worth holding onto the old unit. In the meantime, just put up a saved search on eBay. Also, if you're around water a lot, consider transporting your tamas in a ziplock type bag. I do that with my e-readers and vpets if I'm gonna take a bubble bath, as a precaution. Phones have waterproof cases available, but sadly no one has done that with tamas. 😭

I knoooow it's sad 😭😭 also despite it being broken I would never throw them away especially not my uratama I love them too much

Latest posts

Back