Some random person donates me a Tamagotchi On?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xhallo

Reaction score
A random person from the US is willing to send me a Tamagotchi On for free! They don't even expect me to pay the shipping fees TO EUROPE. I know that this sounds very fishy... But how will the potential scammer even benefit from this if they pay the fees??? I'm so confused. What do you think about all this? Do you know about a similar incident?

I know that this sounds very fishy... But how will the potential scammer even benefit from this if they pay the fees???
You're making the mistake of assuming that the item and the fees actually exist.

At the very least, you would be giving out personal information to goodness-knows-who, for them to do goodness-knows-what with.

I also wouldn't be surprised if something like this were to be used as a lead-in to a more standard scam/fraud script, such as Advance Fee Fraud whereby you'd then be told that you need to pay to release a non-existent package, or a refund scam whereby scammers request remote-access to your computer claiming to issue you a refund when really they then gain access to the machine and your data to use for their own profit.

If this occurred here on TamaTalk, please report the offending material so that the staff can investigate.

Latest posts

Back