Starcat scratches at screen

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Starcat

Reaction score
Hello,

I just received my Starcat in the mail. I’m trying to figure out as to why the cat scratches at the screen. Its health, happy, discipline, and hungry meter are all at 100. I’ve looked on the instructions and searched it up online, and I can’t find an answer.

Believe it or not, Giga Pets just do this. Some people refer to it as "chatter", and as far as I know the random noises when nothing is needed are meant to give the appearance that the pet is doing its own thing.

Your rightful confusion over this demonstrates exactly why I'm not a fan of the feature - when the norm for all virtual pets is to use audio feedback when interaction is required or is actively taking place, it's counterintuitive to have a device that randomly makes what sounds like alert noises, when it's not trying to alert you to anything at all. I can see what they were going for (an effort at immersion/realism), but I don't think that it paid off! :tongue:

Latest posts

Back