Story Time: My Depressing Start Getting Back Into Tamagotchis

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hydri

Reaction score
Newbie to the forums, apologies in advance if this isn't the correct category I'm posting in, I'm also ESL in case my English ever seems off.
This lowkey relates to tamagotchis in a....weird way. TW, this story gets a little somber.

Back story/context:
>have a friend for many years
>talked every single day, from deep talks in calls, to him giving me cute meaningless text updates "I had coffee and eggtoast for the first time!"
>unfortunately, around late may, he was becoming more emotionally unstable

The incident:
Ordered my first 3 real tamas (original re-release, Jurrasic Park & digimon x), meant a lot to me since I only had the bunny bootleg as a child. Not to sound grim, but my dad had smashed my very first vpet many years ago during a fit of rage (yeah...I come from a dysfunctional family.) So it felt liberating to finally buy a new one and start fresh memories. One of the tamagotchis arrived one day...but that was coincidentally also the worst day for me.

I showed my best friend a pic of my tama, then texted him a funny embarrassing story of my experience at the grocery store to show I'm as clumsy as him sometimes. He then shortly after asked a casual question about it, to which I didn't know an answer to.

That's when he snapped worse than usual, and he started an unusually nasty fight, to which I just sat confused at the whole time, not saying almost anything.

Next day he went "uhm...next time I feel like not being so nice, I'll just tell you I gtg". No "sorry" no "I'll work on myself", which further rubbed salt into my wound.

So now, anytime I check my first tama's age, I'm reminded "oh, it's x years old? That's how many days ago my friend did me dirty. That's how many days I've been avoiding him. Ouch."

Replaced my addictive habit of checking my phone every few minutes to see what he's texting me, to "let's instead check how my tamas are doing" which has helped a lot. I had a social media addiction as well that I had been meaning to replace.

What an...awkward start getting back into tamagotchis/v-pets again, eh?

Anyone else has grim or weird tama related stories to tell?

Last edited:
What a sad story, I'm so sorry! While I'm glad you're working on your social media addiction, be careful though! You don't just have to change the subject but you have to be able to mitigate this situation!

As for sad situations related to tamagotchi, I have one that still hurts me today!!
When I was a teenager, I bought a Tamagotchi at the local toy store because I had never had one and wanted to try it. It was a red tamagotchi with a chimney, at the time I didn't know it was a tamagotchi connection v5 familtchi, I only knew that I didn't like the fact that it had three tamas inside instead of one.
I left it to collect dust for a long time, then one day I cleaned the room thoroughly... and threw it away.
To this day I bitterly regret having done it and being so foolish 🥲
Not so sad as your, of course, but still sad!

Newbie to the forums, apologies in advance if this isn't the correct category I'm posting in, I'm also ESL in case my English ever seems off.
This lowkey relates to tamagotchis in a....weird way. TW, this story gets a little somber.

Back story/context:
>have a friend for many years
>talked every single day, from deep talks in calls, to him giving me cute meaningless text updates "I had coffee and eggtoast for the first time!"
>unfortunately, around late may, he was becoming more emotionally unstable

The incident:
Ordered my first 3 real tamas (original re-release, Jurrasic Park & digimon x), meant a lot to me since I only had the bunny bootleg as a child. Not to sound grim, but my dad had smashed my very first vpet many years ago during a fit of rage (yeah...I come from a dysfunctional family.) So it felt liberating to finally buy a new one and start fresh memories. One of the tamagotchis arrived one day...but that was coincidentally also the worst day for me.

I showed my best friend a pic of my tama, then texted him a funny embarrassing story of my experience at the grocery store to show I'm as clumsy as him sometimes. He then shortly after asked a casual question about it, to which I didn't know an answer to.

That's when he snapped worse than usual, and he started an unusually nasty fight, to which I just sat confused at the whole time, not saying almost anything.

Next day he went "uhm...next time I feel like not being so nice, I'll just tell you I gtg". No "sorry" no "I'll work on myself", which further rubbed salt into my wound.

So now, anytime I check my first tama's age, I'm reminded "oh, it's x years old? That's how many days ago my friend did me dirty. That's how many days I've been avoiding him. Ouch."

Replaced my addictive habit of checking my phone every few minutes to see what he's texting me, to "let's instead check how my tamas are doing" which has helped a lot. I had a social media addiction as well that I had been meaning to replace.

What an...awkward start getting back into tamagotchis/v-pets again, eh?

Anyone else has grim or weird tama related stories to tell?
a bad situation in my life is also what put me back onto tamas again! i hate doomscrolling and so having these little guys have helped me a lot when my head gets dark ❤️‍🩹

I have a mental illness, but i won't elaborate on It. Just say i had a hard Life and now i have a disability and a economic help from my gobernment in Spain, my country. As well as you, my dad also slammed one of my toys as a kid, not a tamagotchi fortunately but my medieval Playmobil Castle once when i did not do my homework.

Latest posts

Back