Sun stained tama shells

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Candythief

Reaction score
Hello! 

I bought an old tamagotchi angel, the package must have been stored at a sunny place, the shell has a little bit yellow discoloration from one side. Its minimal but I'd like it better without discoloration. (I know, i have ODC^^)

Does anybody know how i could remove the sun discoloration?

I currently try to cover the area with a hydrogen proxide 3% damp cloth.

In reality it's worse like in the picture:

7v7Ez6W.jpg

Ok, forget about this one. This Tamagotchi angel has sadly a corroded battery contact, it wont work at all. :'-(

Since the shell is pink there is not really any way to remove the discolouration without bleaching it. If you want to try it, try retrobiting.

Also, battery corrosion is super easy to fix. You just need some vinegar or rubbing alcohol, maybe a nail file if it's really bad.

I already wiped with vinegar and also tried alcohol, i even tried to scratch off corrosion with a screwdriver. It still does not work.

It is the metal of the contact that is corroded and that cant be wiped off.

A nail file? I somehow can not imagine how to do that in this case:

nErrS0e.jpg

You could try sanding off a thin layer using sandpaper or a melamime sponge, though it may not work if the the colour change has affected a deep layer of the plastic. Jhud has the right idea, you'd just have to unscrew the tama to get to the contacts.

I have saved a BADLY corroded Digimon v2 that has the same EXACT battery contacts and yes, nail file is the only thing that saved it. You just have to unscrew it. Don't be afraid to do it, I mean, if it doesn't work as is, what's the danger here? 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back