Tama mania!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

samtchi

Reaction score
I know some people are mad about tamagotchis, I am, but I can't be bothered collecting them!

I would hate it if I just look at them while they're still in the box/packaging!

I'll be drooling all over it!

Who has a tamagotchi collection?

Should I start to collect?

Or should I stare at them and just take pesty videos and photos of them and put them on YouTube?

And if you recommend me to collect them, what tamagotchi should I buy first?

Honestly, no one can tell you what to do.

It's your money and it is your choice and preference ;)

You say that you can't be bothered to collect them and you hate to look at them in the package... there is not much point in you starting to collect them, is there? ;)

some people do collect but they also play with them but tama's are made to be played with they are just so cool.

plus i you collected what fun would you get out of it.

I've got a collection of 8 tams, 9th on its way, but it's no use to get an expesive collection if you don't like'em. :D

I want over the years to buy lots of tamas, but all the ones i buy i will play with. That's the only reason i would buy one, if i wanted to play with it. even now that i'm in high school i still find them so fun and i really want some older ones like osu/mesu :3.

I think it's your choice. I personally by at least one of each version coming out and I'll play with them, then put them back into the box/something similar. That way when they aren't inuse they are protected/look nice. ^^

Open the ones you have. Keep the boxes. If you can make cases for them that fit snug onto the tamagotchi to protect the shell. If you get doubles or ones that are the same version. Keep the new one sealed, it wouldn't be so bad if you had one out to play with anyway. Taking the battery out though wouldn't decrease its value if you are looking for value. The last thing you want is to waste the battery inside or have it explode there. You can always place a new one in the package later too...

Like other people have said - no one can tell you what to do :) But I can let you know some insight into how I like to collect them.....

I'm working on getting the ones that are fairly available to me through ebay - these being the American tamas. I'm collecting ones that I find interesting to look at (ones with the shells i like most...) - one from each gen. ( I have two music stars cause one is actually my fiances...)

I only need about 3 more of the American releases (not including the SUPER rare American tama Ocean... ) and then I will start getting some of the others ones.

I play with my tamas though. I keep the packages for some of the older ones... or Japanese ones... Honestly I find the plastic too difficult to try and hold onto. There are ways you can cut them open and still save most of the plastic and packaging though, but I've always been more of a cardboard person. The old tama packages are easy enough to take a tama out and not damage the box - and some of the Japanese ones are slip cover plastic over a piece of cardboard so they are easy enough to save. I keep tamas and boxes i'm not using on a big cork board in my livingroom.

I have little pouches I've made too - too hold the tamas i'm playing with to help prevent the shells from getting scratched. :p Like other people have said too- I would rather take a tama outta the package and prevent the battery from exploding than have a non-working tama. :mellow:

I hope that helped....

I'm a collector, but also play with my Tamas. I have to find out what the different versions do. I just got a blue Tama iD. I played with it for a week, and took the batteries out, and put it away in my "Tama Barn". Some collectors buy more than one of each version; that way they have one to play and one to keep in packaging and in mint condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back