Tamagotchi 4U Phone Compatibility

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EyedCrescent

Reaction score
Good morning everyone, 

I am from the United Kingdom and this is my first time trying a forum. I apologise if this has not been posted in the correct area, please feel free to correct and direct me. It would be most welcomed! 

This topic has been an ongoing discussion however I couldn't find any that were recent to 2021 (As you can probably tell, I am a new Tama owner) so here we go. I discovered that the wonderful Mr.Blinky created an English App but is only accessible on certain devices. I searched the list and settled for gt-i9505 which is the UK Model of Samsung Galaxy S4 however when I searched for others experiences with searching for compatible devices they said that the S4 was a no go. Obviously these individuals may own the device in other countries and the UK and China is the exception but makes me wonder how reliable the list is 🤔 without offending the brilliant creator of course! I purchased the device of Ebay and should be here in the next week but I would love to hear any thoughts or input. 

Many thanks,

EyedCrescent ❤️

Hi Tamastar133, thank you so much for your reply! That's really interesting, it almost seems like the stars need to align for it to work but I will keep persevering ^^ The 4U is gorgeous and I'm really enjoying it, I am considering the 'On' but I will make a separate post about that. Thanks again! 

Wow! That sounds super advanced, It's something I'm strongly considering however there aren't many reliable places to buy one here in the UK. It would have to be online, I looked into FishPond.co.uk but they haven't got the best reviews. I don't suppose you could recommend anywhere? I think it would be pure luck at this rate 🙂

It's something I'm strongly considering however there aren't many reliable places to buy one here in the UK. It would have to be online,
If you have an account with Amazon UK, you can use the same details to log into Amazon.com, from where you should be able to import one. You'll pre-pay your customs fees there, too, so there won't be any additional waiting once your parcel arrives in the UK. ;)

@EyedCrescent - As a fellow UK fan, I'm glad to be of assistance. :) It's a real pity that the Tamagotchi On wasn't released over here (I imported the Japanese version, the Tamagotchi Meets, myself) - though at least it looks like the upcoming Tamagotchi Pix will be!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh how lovely! It's a pleasure to chat with you. It is such a pity isn't it, I don't think the company realises how everyone would like access to their products but I'm sure there is a very legitimate reason. Advertising for Tamagotchis are also hard to find! I did not realise they have a new release coming up, would you be able to tell me a little more about it? 

It is such a pity isn't it, I don't think the company realises how everyone would like access to their products but I'm sure there is a very legitimate reason.
I'd love to know what it is, honestly. :p

I did not realise they have a new release coming up, would you be able to tell me a little more about it? 
Unfortunately, that's almost all that there is to say! There are two threads in other sections of the forum covering all that's currently known (to cut a long story short, some retailers let it slip early), so it would be best to check those out. :)

I've just done a little investigating myself and the Tamagotchi Pix will feature a camera, hence the name I guess 😅 How useful this camera will be will depend on it's purpose and what it will do alongside the Tamagotchi. I personally feel like I would miss the buttons as instead they decided to go with a touch A, B  and C pad. I think it will bring a very interesting discussion to the table 😊 Going back to the Tamagotchi On, I noticed they had different themes to them such as Fairy, Magic and Wonder Garden. I presume they all have the same set up but with their only little twists hence the names. I'm not a huge fan of Alice in Wonderland but the only On's they have are those, do you think this particular theme will play a huge role or do I need not worry? Furthermore, because I am going off topic from my original title, do I need to close a discussion or create a new one? ❤️

do you think this particular theme will play a huge role or do I need not worry?
The themes determine what characters are available to marry, which determines how your Tamagotchis will look. If you don't like Alice in Wonderland, the Wonder Garden is probably not the one for you! :lol:

Furthermore, because I am going off topic from my original title, do I need to close a discussion or create a new one? ❤️
A new one would probably be best, at this point, since things have naturally wandered quite far from the topic of phones that're compatible with the 4U. ;)

Well I put my own silly differences aside and ordered one yesterday. There were limited choices but I figured the Wonder Garden had some beautiful features to it and who's to say I won't order another 😉 This will be my last comment before I end this discussion so thank you to everyone for their involvement. To summarise back to the original discussion, if anyone is interested in installing Mr.Blinky's English Patch then I suggest buying the Nexus 7 2nd Gen 2013 Edition. It is more reliable and cost efficient than other devices so it shouldn't let you down ❤️

Latest posts

Back