Tamagotchi Angel/Forest/Ocean Re-Releases?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mimitchi ^o^

Reaction score
Okay, so we've seen the re-release of P1 and P2 Tamagotchis, the Tamagotchi mini's, Digimon, the Tamagotchi Nano's are doing well, and the On/Meets/Some are also doing good. This is purely speculation at this point, but perhaps we may see a new wave of the Angel, Forest, and Ocean? I would seriously flip my lip if that happened! And don't even get me started on the Devilgotchi, if that got re-released it would be amazing. Though that one is probably the least likely to be re-released out of the bunch. :(  

I hope that if Bandai goes down this path and Tamagotchi continues to be successful again, maybe they'll re-release the connections as well? Sigh, one can dream.

What does everyone else think? Do you think a re-release of the Angel/Forest/Ocean is feasible? Would you also flip your lid? :D  I'd love to hear everyone else's thoughts!

What does everyone else think? Do you think a re-release of the Angel/Forest/Ocean is feasible? Would you also flip your lid? :D  I'd love to hear everyone else's thoughts!
This is my biggest want from the Tamagotchi brand at this time, honestly - especially if it meant that we would finally see an official English release of the Forest and Devil. :p

Oh man, if I honestly heard they were re-releasing both vintages and connections I would be squeeing with delight :ichigotchi: and clapping :kuribotchi: (sounds odd in text but that's just how I am). If somebody just told me that out of nowhere, I'd be screaming and jumping like a sports fan :wacko: XD Then both of my parents would probably yell at me to stop since my complete lack of reserve can be loud :nazotchi: and then I would realize how much money that would cost me and what my mother would think of the price... and then I'd buy a few because my mother thinks I'm nuts anyway :tarakotchi: .

I started out with the Connection models - the V3 was my first - but I still have a fondness for the vintages because those were the first models I was introduced to back when I was getting into the hobby (through Mimitchi.com). Additionally, the themed vintages have a much more interesting concept than a standard Tamagotchi because they attempt to incorporate the unique aspects of raising a particular animal. Other virtual pets of that era follow the same premise and I quite enjoy running those for the novelty. Another plus with the pre-colour models is that they certainly don't run through quite as much batteries as the colour models (I doubt anyone runs a colour longterm for that reason).

It would be a joy to see shelves once again lined with vintage and connection tamas. One of my favourite, old Tamagotchi memories is standing in a Walmart in front of a white mesh wall hung with a multitude of packages encasing colourful connections. At least, I think the whole wall was hung with them since I only remember seeing the bottom quarter of the display because I was a little kid :p I remember taking a random V5 off of the wall and deciding to buy that - I was not an attentive child. Most of the displays I see of tamas now are little boxed stands and while I understand they don't have much of them because people don't buy them in droves - especially not the colours - they don't have the same impact as a wall of tamas.

I would love to see them re-release them all especially the Devilgotchi, they will definitely bring back old tama lovers!  :lol: 💙
Imagine if they re-released the Yasashii! Scalpers would abound but the frenzy would probably be answered by a new wave of shells, just like for the rereleased originals. A rerelease - especially if things stayed well stocked - would allow us practical collectors to easily enjoy trying new versions without having to pay a bumped up amount for a pristine virtual pet for the in-box-and-locked-away enthusiast. Although, I imagine that would also be accompanied by those kinds of collectors journeying from store to store in search of the perfect shell. A re-release would probably give the original models a special collectors status, especially if there were further changes.

This is my biggest want from the Tamagotchi brand at this time, honestly - especially if it meant that we would finally see an official English release of the Forest and Devil. :p
Ahh, the Morino got so close to being released and then it was shelved. In a way, it was a very Japanese-y version since based on what I have seen from a few things, it looks like bug collecting is much more common there. I had a butterfly net and a special bug container when I was a kid, but I haven't seen them since. I'm sure there are some kids who go as crazy as I did catching grasshoppers way back when, but I still wonder if most people find bugs gross and disturbing (there was a kid in my childhood who freaked out over a woodlouse in her Bible which in turn got me nervous, but they really are cool and harmless). 

I'm just like Knighttchi's Ballad, I'd scream in delight as well!!! I've been looking out for those vintage versions for a while now, it'd make me so happy just to see them on store shelves! Even if it was Japan-exclusive, I'd love to pick one up - though I'd still be the kind to look out for the 1990's originals, I'm that kind of gremlin who chose a 1997 P2 over the more readily-available 2019/20 releases. :D  It seems so far-fetched yet plausible at the same time. Imagine the Santaclaustchi getting a rerelease - the entire forum would pretty much explode. XD

I would scream if they announced a set!! It'd make getting your hands on these (hypothetical) re-releases so much easier, though separately-sold versions would also be cool alongside the set! Maybe there could be multiple sets, like what they used to do with the Connections (those 'best friends' sets come to mind!) - they could have new shell designs to celebrate the occasion. It makes me excited just thinking about the possibilities! >w<

If they did a complete set of standard vintage tamas - which would exclude the Mothra, Tamaotch, and Genjintch, which are brand tie-ins, as well as the Yasashii (which apparently counts as a Deka Tamagotchi) - the set would include the P1, P2, Angel, Osutchi, Mesutchi, Morino, Ocean, Devil, and Santaclautch. Going by the Canadian price - because I'm 🍁Canadian🍁 - which would be roughly $27 for an original, the set would reasonably cost $243 Canadian... woah man. Going by the American price of $19.99, the set would cost approximately $180. On one hand, sets might actually be sold at less than these values to make it a bit cheaper per individual unit as a partial incentive for people to buy the set instead of just the individual units - although that might actually reflect how it uses less packaging and might be easier to ship due to be so condensed.  On the other hand, sets might go up in price by a particular percentage under the guise of being a premium product, or there might be some extras thrown in like special shells and booklets or whatever to make up the price. I could go off on economic rantings of why Bandai would use those corporate strategies, but I'll save that for another time.

If they actually did include those 4 other tamas, the price would go up by $108 Canadian to be $351 and roughly $80 U.S. to be $240. Oh, don't forget the government's extortion tax (seriously man, in Toronto they merged the war taxes into the current taxes to basically have an excuse to take more money). And the price for sets could still go on either side of the scale as described earlier. The more appealing option would be if they had several smaller sets like a classic set include the P1, P2, Osutchi, and Mesutchi; a nature set including the Morino and Ocean; or a fantasy set include the Angelgotchi and Devilgotchi. The Connection could be done similarly with a volume set such as volume 1 include the V1-V3, volume 2 including V4-V5, and volume 3 including the V5.5, V6, and Tama-Go. Pricing for these sets could, one again, swing either way in relation to individual units.

I suppose if Bandai really wanted to play it safe and not swamp their consumer base - and throw myself, Taco, and 'Cass into hysterics - they would actually release each model very slowly :ph34r:

- - - -

@mimitchi ^o^ Great job dude, you made us all as excited as if this was a genuine announcement thread! :marumimitchi: :ichigotchi: :marumimitchi: :ichigotchi: (nearly typed "threat" there, which might be accurate all the same)

@Knighttchi's Ballad >:D Mwuahaha! 

Haha but really this was just speculation! Let me make a quick list of recent releases:

**Only counting Tamas that have come out/scheduled to come out in both Japan & North America or Exclusively Overseas!**

Tamagotchi Mini Re-Release: April 2017 (JPN) November 2017 (NA)

Digimon Ver. 20th: June 2017 (JPN) July 2019 (NA)

Gudetama Tamagotchi Nano:  Dec 2017 (JPN) Dec 2018 (NA)

Tamagotchi P1/P2 Re-Release:  Mid 2017 (JPN) Fall 2018 (NA)

TMGC ON (Fairy/Magic): Nov 2018 (JPN) July 2019 (NA)

TMGC ON (Fantasy/Wonder Garden): July 2019 (JPN) July 2020 (NA)

Pacman Tamagotchi Nano: March 2020 (NA)

Hello Kitty Tamagotchi Nano: Dec 2020 (NA)

Demon Slayer Tamagotchi Nano: Oct 2020 (JPN) Jan 2021 (NA)

Evangelion Tamagotchi Nano: June 2020 (JPN) June 2021 (NA)

Three New Tamagotchi P1/P2 Shells: Jan 2021 (NA)

Fate Tamagotchi Nano: Feb 2021 (JPN) (Im assuming this will also come out overseas, probably Feb 2022)

Just judging by the way things are going, I personally believe there's a very good possibility of other vintage Tamagotchi's seeing a release date. :)  Though I think if it were to be an Angel/Forest/Ocean tama, Japan would see it first. The earliest we may see something like that in Japan would probably be Summer/Fall 2021, probably meaning Summer/Fall 2022 for North America. We'll just have to wait and see but dang, it would be such a good opportunity for Bandai.

*Edit: The dates were quickly brought together so some may be a little off!

Last edited by a moderator:
I would be so excited if devilgotchi got re-released, it would give so many fans a opportunity to play it who haven't because its so expensive! Also I am in the mindset that if i did happen to spend 300-500 dollars on a tamagotchi, I would be WAY to scared to open it in playing it knowing I could be ruining its value.

Also slightly off-topic but really wish they would make a video game like Hoshi De Hakken on the PS1 again, I like the concept. I know canon has changed since then but I dunno.. I am sure Bandai could figure something out ;)

I dreamed about that. Said it many times here. Sadly, I doubt this will happen! (I hope to be wrong!) People that decide in big companies think they go to university for goods reasons. They just see profit, not the soul of the brand, and the desire of fans. (Tamagotchi's are too small to count.) The plan for bandai is simple, they count on the 90's revival to sell p1 and p2, and the on for everybody. The rest of the new releases are Tamagotchi, but, with a successfull license too sell them. (An other problem today...) I am still hoping...

The rest of the new releases are Tamagotchi, but, with a successfull license too sell them
Don't forget about the Chibi/Mini tamagotchi re-release that happened! As well as Digimon! :)   Bandai is doing surprisingly well with their nostalgia marketing currently, I'm no business major but if I were them I'd continue riding the nostalgia train for as long as it stays successful!

Bandai is doing surprisingly well with their nostalgia marketing currently, I'm no business major but if I were them I'd continue riding the nostalgia train for as long as it stays successful!
That's what they will do. The tamagotchi morino has been canceled in the us... Si I would love to see bandai rereleasing angel and ocean... And then the morino. Just to comeback really successfully, and take a revenge on the past. But has you said, that's not in their plan.

Latest posts

Back