Tamagotchi connection, fake or real?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nanunanu

Reaction score
s-l400.jpg

Is this an authentic tamagotchi? 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tamagotchi-Connection-Digital-Pet-Keychain-Color-BLUE/233670532144?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144&redirect=mobile if it is I was gonna buy it is that a good deal?

Last edited by a moderator:
This is unfortunately a fake! :(  These bootlegs are extremely common, but there's a few cues to tell a real Tamagotchi Connection apart from a fake:

• The packaging: Tamagotchi Connections had many different boxes, and this was definitely not one of them. A quick google search will get you familiar (they're very colourful, with official character art and taglines retaining to the version being advertised :D ), though here's just one example (Tamagotchi Connections were known for having different boxes depending on the region, and even the time of release) of the Tamagotchi this bootleg is based off - the Connection V3. Also, note the packaging does not have the Bandai logo on it - most products made by the company usually have their logo stamped on it in the corner, or even on the back. It also seems quite amateurish in general - just look at the logo placement on the top!  :(
  • The button count: the most obvious factor is the unsightly four buttons, all on an angle! Real Tamagotchi Connections, no matter the version, consistently have three buttons, just like every Tama released by Bandai.
  • The price: Tamagotchi Connections can go for quite a price depending on where you live, and whether or not it's NIB. This tama is $11 USD, new and sealed. That's extremely cheap, especially because most listings of NIB Connections I've seen go for extremely high prices (blame my country ;A;)! Though if you were to find a real Tamagotchi Connection, sealed in box for 11 dollars, please snatch that up. You definitely wouldn't regret it!

I'm sure lots of other members here can point out things I haven't noticed (the 49-in-1 advertisement was definitely not a tagline used in the Connection's marketing, haha!), these are just surface-level details I've managed to pick up over the years of collecting these versions. The Connection era is my favourite, and I'd hate to see anyone get swindled by a bootleg.  -_-  Good luck on finding one! I recommend searching up Tamagotchi Connection models such as the V1 all the way to the V6 so you can get a good understanding of what each type provides. I also recommend tamashell.com if you find a shell you happen to like but don't know the version of!

Hope this helped you out!  ^_^

This is unfortunately a fake! :(  These bootlegs are extremely common, but there's a few cues to tell a real Tamagotchi Connection apart from a fake:

• The packaging: Tamagotchi Connections had many different boxes, and this was definitely not one of them. A quick google search will get you familiar (they're very colourful, with official character art and taglines retaining to the version being advertised :D ), though here's just one example (Tamagotchi Connections were known for having different boxes depending on the region, and even the time of release) of the Tamagotchi this bootleg is based off - the Connection V3. Also, note the packaging does not have the Bandai logo on it - most products made by the company usually have their logo stamped on it in the corner, or even on the back. It also seems quite amateurish in general - just look at the logo placement on the top!  :(
  • The button count: the most obvious factor is the unsightly four buttons, all on an angle! Real Tamagotchi Connections, no matter the version, consistently have three buttons, just like every Tama released by Bandai.
  • The price: Tamagotchi Connections can go for quite a price depending on where you live, and whether or not it's NIB. This tama is $11 USD, new and sealed. That's extremely cheap, especially because most listings of NIB Connections I've seen go for extremely high prices (blame my country ;A;)! Though if you were to find a real Tamagotchi Connection, sealed in box for 11 dollars, please snatch that up. You definitely wouldn't regret it!

I'm sure lots of other members here can point out things I haven't noticed (the 49-in-1 advertisement was definitely not a tagline used in the Connection's marketing, haha!), these are just surface-level details I've managed to pick up over the years of collecting these versions. The Connection era is my favourite, and I'd hate to see anyone get swindled by a bootleg.  -_-  Good luck on finding one! I recommend searching up Tamagotchi Connection models such as the V1 all the way to the V6 so you can get a good understanding of what each type provides. I also recommend tamashell.com if you find a shell you happen to like but don't know the version of!

Hope this helped you out!  ^_^
WOW! THANKS SO MUCH! I was getting ready to buy it! Glad I didn't!

it's fake, tamagotchi connections don't have 4 buttons, and don't have the ability to choose your tamagotchi.

I had one of those once. I can't believe it was a faker!  :angry:

Lainey cassels said:
I had one of those once. I can't believe it was a faker!  :angry:
“My heart might be bruised, but it will recover and become capable of seeing the beauty of life once more. It’s happened before, it will happen again, I’m sure. When someone leaves, it’s because someone else is about to arrive – I’ll find love again.”

Latest posts

Back