Tamagotchi costume brainstorming help wanted!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cmarie

Reaction score
So, I just decided for Halloween this year that I was going to make a Tamagotchi costume. Where I work, we all dress up and pass out candy during a parade of students from our local schools. My idea is to get either foam board or cardboard, cut out the shell and paint it or use large sheet of craft paper to design the shell. I keep going back and forth between creating an actual lighted screen with a drawn character, or creating some sort of cutout to place my ipad behind the board so that I can run the Tamagotchi app as the screen while wearing it. I also found the most perfect leggings today with Digi-Hearts on them just like the meters. Those leggings are pink/purple, I am going to wear a purple wig and use those colors on the shell so that everything matches nicely...maybe a purple case with bright pink buttons.

I thought about doing them in the color of my very first tama, but plain white is pretty boring LOL. I think I will probably string up some tamas on a necklace chain to wear like I just stepped out of the 90's as I will probably have to take the board off once I sit down at my desk. (Need to find or make a 90's themed shirt to help create the look) Unless I find a way to make the shell into a shirt or a fabric suit or something.

I have so many ideas running through my head and it brought me to wonder, has anyone in here ever created their own Tama-related costume? I'd love to hear your ideas or see photos if you have actually made one!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never made one, but reading your post put the idea in my head that you could make the shell as some sort of headgear, with your face where the screen should be. :lol: That way, it wouldn't present any problems once you sit at your desk.

I have seen things like this all over Pinterest- if you were going to put your iPad in you make sure that’s it is secure in the costume.

Actually, I am thinking of dressing up as Mametchi! I keep on going back and fourth, because I think it’s a bit boring to wear a yellow costume with Mickey Mouse ears. But that sounds really cool!

I would try Etsy for Tama and 90s t-shirts. They do good ones!

Androtchi would make an easy costume (2 large boxes and fabric), if you didn't need to sit.

I have nowhere to go this Halloween (have a midterm Nov 1)... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back