Tamagotchi Metaverse?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tamas in VR could be cool if they added a lot more featuers, like having a house you could decorate for them to live in, and play games with them, and raise a garden together, etc.
Yes! That's the thing about VR, it has SO many facets to it. Meaning that basically any feature conceivable could essentially be added to the game. I'd love to see it done, for better or worse, just to see what a group of dedicated Developers (preferably some who have love for the Tamagotchi brand) could cook up with a good amount of funds and time. I wouldn't be so quick to tear down the idea... You truly never know what a Dev team is capable of until they showcase their final product.

Yes! That's the thing about VR, it has SO many facets to it. Meaning that basically any feature conceivable could essentially be added to the game. I'd love to see it done, for better or worse, just to see what a group of dedicated Developers (preferably some who have love for the Tamagotchi brand) could cook up with a good amount of funds and time. I wouldn't be so quick to tear down the idea... You truly never know what a Dev team is capable of until they showcase their final product.
You have earned a thumbs up 👍

I'm sure there will be a market for it! For me personally though, the appeal of tamagotchi lies in it's "virtual pet in your pocket" nature.
Nintendogs VR though...
Which I totally understand where you're coming from... Think about this:

A Tamagotchi that's basically normal, egg-shaped, has a key chain, does the normal functions of any other Tamagotchi-- Except it has VR/Bluetooth functionality, and when it beeps/gets hungry, wants attention, is sick and needs medicine, you pop on your VR goggles/visor, enter into your Tamagotchi's "room", or perhaps it'll have its own yard... The possibilities are legitimately endless with VR. Someday you may even be able to have sensory input pads that could simulate touch through the internet and VR. You may be able to cradle or hold, or snuggle with your Tamas!

How amazing would that be? And I believe it's 100% attainable.

A Tamagotchi that's basically normal, egg-shaped, has a key chain, does the normal functions of any other Tamagotchi-- Except it has VR/Bluetooth functionality, and when it beeps/gets hungry, wants attention, is sick and needs medicine, you pop on your VR goggles/visor, enter into your Tamagotchi's "room", or perhaps it'll have its own yard... The possibilities are legitimately endless with VR. Someday you may even be able to have sensory input pads that could simulate touch through the internet and VR. You may be able to cradle or hold, or snuggle with your Tamas!

How amazing would that be? And I believe it's 100% attainable.
But people only adopt a technology if it fits into their life, not if they have to fit their life around it. With any other Tamagotchi, when it needs something, you can take the Tamagotchi out of your pocket and tend to it and then put it back again - it's much quicker than hearing it beep, getting out and putting on a visor that you have to remember to keep charged, presumably pressing a button to tell the device that you're interfacing with it via the face-display and not via the virtual pet unit itself, tending to it, presumably pressing a button again to tell the device that you've finished using the helmet, and then putting away both the Tamagotchi and the visor.

I'm old enough to have seen the exact same mistakes made twice, decades apart. People said that the possibilities of VR were "legitimately endless" back when it was DOA the first time around - but they're also legitimately endless on more convenient, cheaper devices, too. In the entertainment space, VR is a solution looking for a problem (though it has understandably found a useful place in the medical realm), the same as it was more than 30 years ago.

Moreover, VR misses the point of why the Tamagotchi became successful to begin with: It demonstrated that lateral use of pre-established cheap-and-convenient technologies can be just as entertaining as big-budget fancy-pants technologies, and more accessible to boot. The popular example is how the original Tamagotchi outsold all-singing-all-dancing big-budget polygonal games like Super Mario 64, and did so whilst undercutting them and selling the product for a fraction of the price. Stuff like this simply won't advance the brand, because it flies in the face of what makes it successful.

I don't necessarily trust anything metaverse related if I'm honest.
Any use of that term at the moment is just puffing from people who don't know what it actually means, and who think it will somehow make them some quick money. The technologies it refers to have already existed for decades - forums like this, for example, or software like Second Life. Playing online video games is also an adjacent thing. All of that is a "double life" in the virtual realm.

It's all just meaningless buzzwords, and at some point a whole lot of investors are going to get scammed. :rolleyes2:

Also gonna just second Penguin-Keeper, because that's an excellently worded take.
Thankyou very much. :smile2:

It's all just meaningless buzzwords, and at some point a whole lot of investors are going to get scammed. :rolleyes2:
Which is why a lot of people were like, metaverse? What's that? You mean VR? when FB announced the name change and such a few months ago. I still have no idea how one would even look at FB's metaverse, which definitely makes me think it's a scam, as surely something more practical about it would have popped up in my YouTube about it by now other than passing mentions about companies buying "digital land" in various podcasts.
I'm afraid to look it up because I like my current reccomended videos, I don't want to pollute them with something I'm barely curious about, at best. :biggrin:

I'm afraid to look it up because I like my current reccomended videos, I don't want to pollute them with something I'm barely curious about, at best. :biggrin:
Maybe temporarily use a private/incognito tab for the research, so your account's not logged in? :smile2:

I think the metaverse´s concept and idea is kind of cool and might work well,So i doubt bandai will do a tamagotchi metaverse.

Aside,If they made Mametchi (an adult from the MAME family) look like a tall,cute,humanoid monster in this metaverse then more people would like to this.

Latest posts

Back