Tamagotchi music star LCD leak…an ancient tale…. (Screen swapping)

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xXTamaLovelinXx

Reaction score
It was just another afternoon in the life of a late 2000’s school girl…

( aaaaand I forgot all the details)

Then from her hand!!! Swung her Tamagotchi (property of bandai) music star!!! When she picked it up, everything worked perfectly…almost everything. It was clear that it would never be the same again, but she would never let it go…

(Ok fast forward 12 years)

———

I want to fix my baby 🤧 I need to swap the lcd and I THINK this might be an easy process. I do have another music star from that same time in my life with a design I like much less but I don’t want to dismantle my other son he doesn’t deserve that disrespect. Do I NEED to have a tamagotchi music star LCD to swap? Or can I use the LCD from another connection? I never want to pay for a perfectly functioning music star in this tragic year of 2022 tamagotchi pricing especially just to take it apart. Then I’ll just want a screen for that one lol they are all precious to me. Is it possible to just clean a leak? (prob not after 12 years butttt ill ask anyway!)

Does anyone have a broken music star/internals for me to get 👀 ? Or do you kno if the lcd is the same between some generations?

Please say yes or that I can use another connection lcd 😔

Here’s a pic of my beautiful daughter (not for the faint hearted) I’ll be back every time until I can heal her 🤧 All and any info is appreciated!!

Attachments

• D3CA7EBE-99F2-4DC6-BFFA-7A3E17A135C2.jpeg
    D3CA7EBE-99F2-4DC6-BFFA-7A3E17A135C2.jpeg
    71.7 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Hmmm, I'm actually inclined to say you could do this!!!
We need to make sure the screens are the same size, but other than that, the only other thing I can think of that might be different would be the icons. I think they're pre-shaped in the screen because once I installed a screen upside down and the icons appeared upside down! Make sure it has the same number of icons across the top and bottom of the screens as your music star and give it a go! Just be very careful and don't try forcing anything, deffo do at your own risk.
Also, while you're in there tinkering about, you should consider replacing the back foil with a glow in the dark one! it's my favorite mod.
There's one person on Etsy who sells them for digimon but they're much too small for the connections(trust me, I tried). 🥺

And deffo hit up the BST fb group. On the first they post their ISO thread for everyone, so sharing that you're on the hunt for a replacement screen might actually get you one for much cheaper than a whole functioning connection.

You do need a screen from another music star because the pixel display is larger than other tamagotchi connections
Good looking out! I haven't seen a music star in person for the better part of a decade, so I wasn't certain.
I vaguely remember the Familitchi tamas having bigger screens too.

Latest posts

Back