Tamagotchi Pix?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The description for the device suggests that this version lacks physical buttons, so that may make it even more difficult to use, unfortunately. :(
A lack of buttons shouldn’t cause me too much issue once I figure out where they are and am sure to keep the sound on. That’s how I use my phone but tamas tend to have way less buttons. It does kinda make me sad though because I find the buttons add to the charm of them. 

Getting closer to the release date.  I am excited for it to finally ship so I can see what it's like :)

Getting closer to the release date.  I am excited for it to finally ship so I can see what it's like :)
i think they've released already in a few places? ive seen quite a few user submitted pix (pun intended)

my personal opinion about the pix is... not too excited. it seems to be what's essentially just instagram for kids lmao. though i understand the appeal, the pink one's kinda cutesy. i wish they had continued making bunch of different shells for these like in the connexion days. :( might be more difficult though

Nice one lol.  Release for us here in the US isn't until next month. I am excited because I feel like it's going to more of an original Tamagotchi before you had to marry your characters off lol.  Don't get me wrong, I enjoy those models too, but just something different is going to be a breath of fresh air...or so I'm hoping.  I've been playing since the 90's, so I get what you mean about the connections, but even then every other year or so they'd make a different version until they'd change direction completely.  I enjoy collecting and playing all of the different models and it's fun when a new one comes out that is different than the rest.  

I am excited because I feel like it's going to more of an original Tamagotchi before you had to marry your characters off lol.  Don't get me wrong, I enjoy those models too, but just something different is going to be a breath of fresh air...or so I'm hoping.  I've been playing since the 90's, so I get what you mean about the connections, but even then every other year or so they'd make a different version until they'd change direction completely.  I enjoy collecting and playing all of the different models and it's fun when a new one comes out that is different than the rest. 
that's a fun point of view! you're right, it's good they try something new, it wouldn't be fun if they just released the same models over and over with just a few changes here and there

that's a fun point of view! you're right, it's good they try something new, it wouldn't be fun if they just released the same models over and over with just a few changes here and there
I like a refreshing change and I can cherish my older models now that they do something special and unique compared to future devices. I certainly see myself buying only once Pix for that reason, since there's not much point without the mixing feature.

That's a huge sigh of relief for my wallet! I'm focused on a holy grail quest at the moment, as it is. 😂

Last edited by a moderator:
My first Pix is on the way but I am already contemplating a second - for now I know very little beyond what I have read about them. What can two Pix do with each other? I know they cannot mix/ marry, but is there anything useful to do whenever you encounter someone else with a Pix (or have two of your own)? Thanks.

I only recently bought mine because I was waiting for the green shell. I played with it but I didn't have much time to investigate all its features. What I can say is that the tactile buttons annoy me to no end. 20% of the times the wrong button is detected. I wouldn't buy another one. I think it's better if you wait and see if you like it.

I have been playing with mine for 4-5 days now and I can say that the touch buttons get a bit "easier" after a while. You kind of learn where to touch to make it not sense the wrong button. But even then you'll still get the wrong button sometimes. But you can at least adjust to it a little. Like I try to press the B button a little to the left to avoid it thinking I press the C button for example. Maybe they're made for aliens with tiny 2mm fingertips...

Once I got over the buttons I've really been enjoying my Pix. But I wouldn't necessarily recommend it to everyone.

3f02039246b81eb858ea7db7b96ed04682d45ca3.jpg

I think the new colors may be shipping earlier than expected! (A friend asked me to import one for their spouse, I have to imagine shipping to each domestic region will be much faster.)

Yeah, the release date of the new colors changed again on Amazon's website, so I think they're actually shipping out earlier than expected. Well earlier than when it was expected later... if that made sense hahaha.

Latest posts

Back