Tamagotchi Pix

Help Support TamaTalk:

rjalda100

Reaction score
I just got my Pix on Sunday and I'm enjoying it for the most part but I think my complaints pretty much line up with everyone else's. I love the new features and the fluidity of the animations but yeah, the touch controls are gonna take some getting used to. I still haven't quite gotten the hang of them and constantly press the wrong things lol. Same thing with the battery life, I've already been spoiled by the other colour models easily lasting me 3-4 weeks on one battery so the fact that I've had the Pix for 4 days and have already changed the batteries once is really not great either lol, although I can kinda understand it since I'd imagine the camera takes up quite a bit of battery.

Also, glad to know I'm not the only one who's horrible at the ping pong game. Most of the other games I eventually got the hang of but I just cannot get that one no matter how hard I try...

Penguin-keeper

TamaTalk Guides
Staff member
Reaction score
Not gonna lie, I really like this version of the packaging much more than the America version of the packaging. It reminds me a lot of the packaging for the plus color and iD... I really wish America got this version instead lol
The current UK stock seems to use the US packaging, and I think that the oddest thing is that all of the packaging variants have all of the same languages and regulatory information on them anyway, so there seems to be little point in having the more wasteful variant with the device in a printed plastic bubble at the top and a small flat manual inside a giant mostly-empty box. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Klonoa13

Reaction score
Not gonna lie, I really like this version of the packaging much more than the America version of the packaging. It reminds me a lot of the packaging for the plus color and iD... I really wish America got this version instead lol
OH! I wasn't even aware there was a difference in packaging until I looked back at the U.S. packaging and saw that it's actually different from this! How odd O-o I had gotten the assumption that all the regions that were getting the pix would have just use the exact same packaging.

Last edited by a moderator:

OldSchoolVPQ

Reaction score
there seems to be little point in having the more wasteful variant with the device in a printed plastic bubble at the top and a small flat manual inside a giant mostly-empty box. :p
OH I CANNOT STAND HOW WASTEFUL THE US PACKAGING IS!!! 

I'm usually one to keep packaging but I just can't for this, there's not nearly enough space in my apartment. ARGH! It was annoying to open, too. Also slightly too heavily gender-biased for my liking...there were two boys on the entire package, while the rest were girls. Yikes.

Anyway, thoughts...two days in and I'm pretty enchanted by the Pix. I love the swipe input and all of the new game options it opens up! I appreciate the added level of interactivity it adds to some of the care options...makes cleaning up all that poop slightly more fun! (And there is So. Much. Poop.)

The smooth animation absolutely blew me away, it's SO lovely. I gasped when the screen showed the starry galaxy - such depth!!

Camera quality also surprised me. While I'm disappointed it only recognizes a handful of colors, I do enjoy the cooking and decor systems. I also appreciate how you don't have to use the camera all the time so you can just play it as a regular Tamagotchi. 

Also, MISSIONS HAVE BEGUN! The notifications appear to be pre-programmed and tied to calendar date. I wonder how long they'll continue for? They're not particularly challenging, but it's a cool concept! Love the communication via QR codes. 

No word on battery life yet...I've loaded mine with Eneloop Pros and haven't been playing obsessively, using the camera very minimally, but I suppose I can report back. 

While I'm rambling, a random annoyance: I've been spoiled by the Japanese color Tamas and their push button battery cover mechanisms...anyone else disappointed to see a screw? It's a very intentional design choice and I'm curious if it has to do with safety standards for the US vs Japan. Also, actually, I really like the battery holder itself...it's super secure. It's the first time I've seen that type of support and honestly I hope we see it more going forward! 

One more design-related observation: US lanyards don't typically use string loops like cell phone charms, more typically opting for snap clips, lobster clips, or standard keyrings. Japan has an established Tamagotchi lanyard culture, but maybe not the rest of the world...not adding a jump ring/keychain option feels like a grievous oversight. (unless they're planning to sell branded lanyards with string loops?) 

Anyway, new toy is fun! Yay! Looking forward to comparing it to the Smart later this month. 

Eozeda

Reaction score
OH I CANNOT STAND HOW WASTEFUL THE US PACKAGING IS!!! 

I'm usually one to keep packaging but I just can't for this, there's not nearly enough space in my apartment. ARGH! It was annoying to open, too. Also slightly too heavily gender-biased for my liking...there were two boys on the entire package, while the rest were girls. Yikes.
I 100% agree. If I were a kid opening that box, I would be so disappointed to find that there were no extra goodies of any kind inside. I think that may be what I hate about it (and the On's) packaging most! It gets your hopes up for a even a figurine, lanyard or something that's somehow collectible. Then find it's just a soulless box below. 🤷‍♀️

Anyway thoughts...two days in and I'm pretty enchanted by the Pix. I love the swipe input and all of the new game options it opens up! I appreciate the added level of interactivity it adds to some of the care options...makes cleaning up all that poop slightly more fun! (And there is So. Much. Poop.)
My Kuchipachi pooped just as I was reading this! Since getting used to the quirks, ie. glitches, I have found myself becoming attached to this device over time. It takes time and patience to really fully appreciate it and the new care options -- when they actually work. The easiest game by far is the nature day fruit picking game. My advice is that when it doesn't respond to your touch for a fruit, avoid trying to reenter the gesture, because by then the preferred fruit will have changed. I just move on and it works great. It's also helpful to discover your tama's favorite food and items, because their happiness meter skyrockets, making caretaking less time consuming.

Camera quality also surprised me. While I'm disappointed it only recognizes a handful of colors, I do enjoy the cooking and decor systems. I also appreciate how you don't have to use the camera all the time so you can just play it as a regular Tamagotchi. 
I couldn't understand forever why the camera wasn't picking up simple colors like orange or pink. Apparently everything it sees is red for the most part which is a bit concerning.  :eek:

Also, MISSIONS HAVE BEGUN! The notifications appear to be pre-programmed and tied to calendar date. I wonder how long they'll continue for? They're not particularly challenging, but it's a cool concept! Love the communication via QR codes. 
I'm so happy about missions!!!I like the extra effort on their part integrating these into the gameplay. It keeps things more interesting and I hope they keep doing them or expanding them possibly? Also, how soon are new missions uploaded?