Tamagotchi Plushes Appearing On Shelves

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tamapalace

Reaction score
tumblr_inline_p5ie93R0i81toxdax_500.jpg

Tamagotchi fans across the United States have discovered that some retailers that are carrying Tamagotchi products have started carrying new Tamagotchi plushes.

These Tamagotchi plushes feature Mametchi, Mimitchi, Kuchipatchi, and Ginjirotchi. These plushes feature the vintage version of each character, and even squeak as you squeeze them. There currently is very limited information on these plushes in terms of pricing and availability, but we did see some Hot Topic stores in the United States as well as several independent retailers carrying these.

As more information rolls in, we will be sure to keep you updated. Don’t these plushes look ever so adorable? We are just loving the vintage appearance of our favorite characters!

I've previously said in other threads that I hope that what Bandai is doing at the moment is an attempt to revive the Tamagotchi brand in the West, and this makes me suspect it even more. This is great news!

I hope that we see these in the UK soon. I've got a vintage Tarakotchi here who'd probably be happy to have some company! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I did manage to grab a Mametchi plushie from Gamestop for around 13$ USD. Hopefully the US can get Tamagotchi M!X sometime soon

I want all of these! The Mimitchi and Mametchi ones are especially cute (their faces in particular :mimitchi: :3 :mametchi: ._.).

These are now available on Amazon.com for $13.03 each. Amazon.com (and not third-party sellers) carrying them means that they ship to a number of other countries outside of the US, too.

I've just ordered Mimitchi. :D

Here are the links to each of the four plushes;

Mametchi

Kuchipatchi

Ginjirotchi

Mimitchi

They're all quite low on stock right now, so good luck to anyone who goes for one!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just ordered Mametchi even though there was a shipping fee and the exchange rate in my country is horrid. My inner five-year-old is SCREAMING WITH JOY right now. I've loved Mametchi since I was a little girl, especially the chubby dot-eyed Mametchi of yore, and now I'll have a Mametchi to hug.

Anyone who wants a Mimitchi - hurry! There's only one left!

Plush-Mametchi arrived in the mail yesterday and I can say I'm totally thrilled. He's a lot better quality that I expected - a more vibrant yellow than even in the above picture, true to his 1990s art, well-sewn with nice even facial features (no wonky eyes or mouth thank goodness) and SOFT. He's made of that lovely Minky fabric, not the awful fairground-prize, shiny stuff you see everywhere.

If you have a fondness for any of the vintage Tamagotchi characters you won't be disappointed picking up one of these.

Plush-Mametchi arrived in the mail yesterday and I can say I'm totally thrilled. He's a lot better quality that I expected - a more vibrant yellow than even in the above picture, true to his 1990s art, well-sewn with nice even facial features (no wonky eyes or mouth thank goodness) and SOFT. He's made of that lovely Minky fabric, not the awful fairground-prize, shiny stuff you see everywhere.

If you have a fondness for any of the vintage Tamagotchi characters you won't be disappointed picking up one of these.
They look nice in the pictures, and it's good to know that this carries through to the final plushes.

My Mimitchi is still winging his way over to the me. I'll post a picture once he arrives.
imageproxy.php

Because I would've been double-posting if I'd tried to post here yesterday, I've shared some thoughts and photographs on these plushes in a separate thread here.

4drBhQu.jpg

Still, here's Mimitchi with Tarakotchi (a beanie from the old days). ;)

I'm hopeful that these new plushes will mean good things for the future of the Tamagotchi brand in the West.

This is the kind of content I live for! I'm not sure if there will be any Tama plushies in the local GameStop here but one can always go and check. :lol: And if there aren't any, searching online is always an option. I just need that Mimitchi, she's adorable! Though I'm tempted to get Mametchi too, so they could be the bunny hat buddies.

This is the kind of content I live for! I'm not sure if there will be any Tama plushies in the local GameStop here but one can always go and check. :lol: And if there aren't any, searching online is always an option. I just need that Mimitchi, she's adorable! Though I'm tempted to get Mametchi too, so they could be the bunny hat buddies.
If it helps, Amazon.com has restocked them! The links can be found earlier in this thread.

I got my Mimitchi on Amazon! Also, I found the squeaker by accident, and I love it. It makes me think that Tamas naturally speak in squeaks and beeps like the toy noises. *ignores anime.*

I got my Mimitchi on Amazon! Also, I found the squeaker by accident, and I love it. It makes me think that Tamas naturally speak in squeaks and beeps like the toy noises. *ignores anime.*
I played the Tamagotchi Corner Shop DS games and because of that, I think that Tamas talk in Animal-Crossing-esque "badabadabadabada" gibberish noises :D But oh my goodness, I've had this plushie for almost 2 months and only found the squeaker after I read this thread. Now I'm annoying Mr. Yatagarasu with it.

I don't think I noticed it because I have the Mametchi plush and the squeaker is in the middle of his face, not his body, and I wasn't going around punching Mametchi in the face...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back