Tamagotchi P's and USB to IrDA problems- freezing

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oswin

Reaction score
Hi, I'm fairly new to Tamagotchi, and I just got my first P's. I've been trying to install the VDAs onto the P's using a USB to IrDA dongle on my computer. I'm following the steps, setting up the connection on the P's, going to downloads, facing it at the infrared while keeping the device an inch away and level... and it gets to the Connecting screen and freezes. It's done this several times and I've had to pop open the back of the Tamagotchi to get it to work again. My computer downloaded the necessary drives for Windows 8 64bit (the device is a SigmaTel USB-IrDA), Device Manager says the dongle is working, so the problem doesn't seem to be on that end. I honestly don't know what else I can do. Is the problem on the P's, the IrDA, or the computer? At this rate, I don't know if it would be wise to consider purchasing an IrDA phone if there is something wrong with the P's. 

IDK if it's relevant, but the P's was purchased used and already has an english patch applied to it. I've not had any issue linking it to the pierce that came with it, and it seems to be running perfectly. I doubt that makes a difference, but I really cannot figure this out.

So is there any advice on what to do, something I missed, something different to try, any other suggestions? I haven't a clue what I'm doing with this thing, but the picture guide I found seemed straight forward enough, just can't figure out why it's freezing, or if that's a known issue.

IRDA dongles are known to be quite fiddly. You might have to try multiple times, or buy an IRDA phone.
But would they be the cause of the P's unit freezing when attempting to connect? I just assume it would do what the Meets/Ons do and fail at establishing a connection. Like time out. It doesn't seem normal for it to freeze up like that. 

But would they be the cause of the P's unit freezing when attempting to connect? I just assume it would do what the Meets/Ons do and fail at establishing a connection. Like time out. It doesn't seem normal for it to freeze up like that. 
Yeah, I'm not sure why your Ps is freezing, as most complaints I've heard involve the transfer software on the computer freezing instead. I'd still suspect the IrDA dongle is the problem though.

Regarding phones, you can use sites like phone arena to find phones with IR functionality (try setting the date of release before 2010), but make sure to double check that the phone has an IRDA port (can send and receive data) and not just an IR blaster (can only send data).

Or you can buy one here https://www.cutiepiekawaii.com/product-page/irda-tamagotchi-infrared-sending-device

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back