Tamagotchi Screw Size Q&A thread!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bentobuff

Reaction score
I just realized I have an important tamagotchi superpower... I can measure vpet screw sizes! :tarakotchi:
I don't own each tama out there but if you need a specific replacement screw for your tama please ask here. If I have the same tama(or one likely to share screw sizes, like a vintage one or connection) I can measure it and give you the relevant details!
Idk if it'd be against the rules to share a place to buy em, but if a mod tells me it's OK, I'll do so. 👍

I just realized I have an important tamagotchi superpower... I can measure vpet screw sizes! :tarakotchi:
I don't own each tama out there but if you need a specific replacement screw for your tama please ask here. If I have the same tama(or one likely to share screw sizes, like a vintage one or connection) I can measure it and give you the relevant details!
Idk if it'd be against the rules to share a place to buy em, but if a mod tells me it's OK, I'll do so. 👍
I’m glad I found this post! I just got a tamagotchi from my sister, and the back was only held on by tape! As far as I can tell from a bit of research, it’s a v3, but I could be wrong.

Attachments

• 69178D09-DE17-4272-A5B1-0A0100C029CA.jpeg
    69178D09-DE17-4272-A5B1-0A0100C029CA.jpeg
    115.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 682F4666-0224-4CA7-9616-6A4BAF9F741B.jpeg
    682F4666-0224-4CA7-9616-6A4BAF9F741B.jpeg
    117.2 KB · Views: 1
Hi!!! Please I need to find a screw replacement for tamagotchi magic on. Thanks in advance!!!

Hi!!! Please I need to find a screw replacement for tamagotchi magic on. Thanks in advance!!!
I've personally found the cover stays out rather well without a screw, but I'll take mine and check it during a work break tomorrow (I took today off to tackle a bunch of housework)
I’m glad I found this post! I just got a tamagotchi from my sister, and the back was only held on by tape! As far as I can tell from a bit of research, it’s a v3, but I could be wrong.
Ahhhhh I can't believe I missed this! I'll bring one of my connections and check that too!!!

Update:
Bad news, turns out the thread checker ends at sizes a LOT larger than tamas 🥲
I'll have to check em the old fashioned way. Calipers and a thread gage. That said there's not enough time left in my break to dive into that, so I'll leave my tama and spare screw at work so I remember it check them on Monday 👍

Do you have a DNA Fish? I’ve been meaning to look for a replacement screw.

I forgot to mention, it is a V3. That said, the screw appears to be standard(as in imperial measurements) and I couldn't find the thread gauge for standard to save my life 🥺
It the size appears to be M2-0.4
These should do the trick!
Prime-Line 9120609 Machine Screws, Metric, Flat Head, Phillips Drive, M2-0.4 X 6MM, Grade A2-70 Stainless Steel, (10-pack) https://a.co/d/5zMw1HE
Hi guys thanks for still research I was latest 10 days without internet (FL resident)
Glad to hear from ya! Hopefully your friends and family are all safe! 💖

Hey :) I just bought vintage Osutchi & Mesutchi online. One of the screws of the back lid is kind of worn out. I managed to get it out but I want to avoid putting back in as I am scared to then not get it out again. So I would like to replace it straight away. Does anyone know which screws they use? They are VERY tiny. 😥

Hey :) I just bought vintage Osutchi & Mesutchi online. One of the screws of the back lid is kind of worn out. I managed to get it out but I want to avoid putting back in as I am scared to then not get it out again. So I would like to replace it straight away. Does anyone know which screws they use? They are VERY tiny. 😥
I don't have one of my own(yet), but judging from photos, it appears to be the standard vintage tama screws. Japanyouwant carries replacements. :)

I don't have one of my own(yet), but judging from photos, it appears to be the standard vintage tama screws. Japanyouwant carries replacements. :)
Thank you :) I've read on some other forums that apparently they have smaller screws than the other vintages and they are indeed very tiny :D However, JYW answered that they would fit. So I am just gonna try with them due to lack of other options ;-)

Thank you :) I've read on some other forums that apparently they have smaller screws than the other vintages and they are indeed very tiny :D However, JYW answered that they would fit. So I am just gonna try with them due to lack of other options ;-)
I'm sure JYW has tested them. That said, you should be able to include a buyers note about how you're excited to use them to run your osu and mesu. :) JYW should make doubly sure they're the right ones for the job, in that instance.

Latest posts

Back