Tamagotchi Smart

Help Support TamaTalk:

divino

Reaction score
A new Tamagotchi has been announced for Japan! It releases on 11/23/21. No info on international release so far.

It'll be a smartwatch-tamagotchi hybrid with voice and touch interactions! It also has additional pieces for new content, kind of like the P's. The straps are removable if you want to use it like a regular tama.

FB_IMG_1623971702116.jpg

Penguin-keeper

TamaTalk Guides
Staff member
Reaction score
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! :D I've wanted a "Tamawatchi" ever since the Tamagotchi line first came to the West in 1997, and it's finally happening! :D

I really hope that this one comes to the West, as well. Though, as with most Japanese releases, it should still be pretty importer-friendly even if it remains Japan-only.

purple pyonkotchi

Reaction score
i have so many feelings on this (GOOD FEELINGS THOUGH) but man im so hyped for this!! two whole new color tamagotchis being released in the same year, and both look super fun and promising... we're really getting spoiled for this anniversary this year

also I really love the new characters, they kind of remind me of connection-era character designs and it makes me happy to see tamagotchi go back to having wacky looking characters again (though I love the cutesy ones too dont get me wrong)

If i could save up enough money for it, I'm really tempted to get both this and the pix just to compare and contrast them, it would be fun to raise both at once

tamastar133

Reaction score
This looks better than the pix, IMO, and i hope it eventually arrives to the west. They're pulling a 4U by only have 10 built in characters, but luckily the "downloadable" charas are on some "SD Card."  The 4U didn't age well for me, like unfortunately the app doesn't work for a bunch of modern phones... but now having the TamaSma Card is really neat! 

purple pyonkotchi

Reaction score
They're pulling a 4U by only have 10 built in characters, but luckily the "downloadable" charas are on some "SD Card."  The 4U didn't age well for me, like unfortunately the app doesn't work for a bunch of modern phones... but now having the TamaSma Card is really neat!
Yeah it feels like another 4u/p's situation... I think the worst part about the 4U for me was the fact that so much of the downloadable content was only in japan at specific dlc stations, which really sucks for anyone not in japan. all I hope is that the prices for the tamasma cards don't skyrocket like the p's pierces did :(

Penguin-keeper

TamaTalk Guides
Staff member
Reaction score
22 hours ago, Eozeda said:

Western arms of Bandai take note, this is how you correctly pronounce your product's name. ;)

Anyway, teasing aside, I'm really liking how this looks - and it's refreshing to see that criticisms about an excess of overly-perfectly-cutesy overly-humanoid evolutions are being listened to. I like some of these new character-designs a lot.

Eozeda

Reaction score
Western arms of Bandai take note, this is how you correctly pronounce your product's name. ;)

Anyway, teasing aside, I'm really liking how this looks - and it's refreshing to see that criticisms about an excess of overly-perfectly-cutesy overly-humanoid evolutions are being listened to. I like some of these new character-designs a lot.
I'm not on mobile anymore and just realized how huge the video I attached was. Oops!! My bad I think.  :mellow:  I do love the new characters because they give me a nostalgic vibe, as partial as I am to those excessively cute ones. I think I'm so weird for having more "girly" tama preferences as I've gotten older -- and quite the opposite from the quirky characters I liked before! On the other hand, the new limited edition white version is right up my alley. I'm officially ready to board the nostalgia train with a weirdo tied to my wrist. (In a tastefully mature color might I add. Now I can pretend to be a grown up once again as an adult!)  :gozarutchi:  

Sounds like we will have the ability to have the vintage items and sprites of Mametchi, Ginjirotchi, Nyorotchi, and Oyajitchi, as well as wallpapers and clock faces! I couldn't ask for more except it being easier to come by probably.

3794d326a7e9ddc00767b5fcd11bdc6de61426f2.jpg

4ea80454470638005e9ff66452fd200f87f22494.jpg

4d390bf47fe4bc58824dcf8268d91d745011209b.jpg

Penguin-keeper

TamaTalk Guides
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not on mobile anymore and just realized how huge the video I attached was. Oops!! My bad I think.  :mellow:
Nah, it's not your fault - the forum does that automatically. :p

I do love the new characters because they give me a nostalgic vibe, as partial as I am to those excessively cute ones.
The video suggests that they're striking a good balance, I think. :)

I think I'm so weird for having more "girly" tama preferences as I've gotten older -- and quite the opposite from the quirky characters I liked before!
It's been the opposite for me - I was in my teens when the original devices came to the West, and my favourites back then were characters like Mametchi, whereas now as an adult my favourites are Tarakotchi and his ilk! :tarakotchi: :kusatchi: :gozarutchi:

On the other hand, the new limited edition white version is right up my alley. I'm officially ready to board the nostalgia train with a weirdo tied to my wrist.
Hahaha! :lol:

I quite like the blue one, myself. Or, at least, I think it's blue - on some monitors it seems to look a bit like a pastel green. :huh: Either way, that looks like the one for me!

(In a tastefully mature color might I add. Now I can pretend to be a grown up once again as an adult!)  :gozarutchi:  
Now where's the fun in that? ;)

Sounds like we will have the ability to have the vintage items and sprites of Mametchi, Ginjirotchi, Nyorotchi, and Oyajitchi, as well as wallpapers and clock faces! I couldn't ask for more except it being easier to come by probably.
I wonder if the "1996 Friends" card will be available separately? I presume that it's packed in with the white version of the watch.

Eozeda

Reaction score
I found a video on YouTube of some of the gameplay!

There's some discussion in Japanese first, and I was happy to see adults wearing it for a better idea of its size. Lol. Then some gameplay going through most of the functions, which makes me less worried, seeing that it holds the tradition of being easy to learn. I love the white I was fortunate to have coming, but sadly can't get past my desire to keep it NIB, so I'm at an impasse with myself.  :D  It looks so fun to play with!

I'm not intimidated by it's functions now thanks to this video. I also heard a rumour somewhere that it can be played with outside of the rubber band? Can't wait to see more!

Last edited by a moderator:

Penguin-keeper

TamaTalk Guides
Staff member
Reaction score
I love the white I was fortunate to have coming, but sadly can't get past my desire to keep it NIB, so I'm at an impasse with myself. 
Where were you able to pre-order? I've been keeping an eye on HobbyLink Japan and the like, but there's no sign of them yet.

Eozeda

Reaction score
Where were you able to pre-order? I've been keeping an eye on HobbyLink Japan and the like, but there's no sign of them yet.
Sort of in a way! The limited color is the first to release, but the seller is receiving it August 5th, so I imagine I'll be waiting an extra month. :(  I was lucky to negotiate with them for a better deal at least! A few popped up on eBay as soon as the raffle winners were announced. While looking into it, I noticed some sellers are listing "preorders" for the standard colors there, but it's best for me to wait awhile before other big purchases. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Plus I think it's against eBay's terms to sell a preorder that far in advance, if it cannot be shipped within a month or so, and they don't release until November 23rd I think. Feels risky if they can't form idea of how many units they'll have, so I'd keep checking HobbyLink or maybe JYW?

Speaking of wearables and hopefully not too off topic, but what are your thoughts on the Digimon Vital Bracelet? I think it's interesting that it has more app dependence, whereas the Tama Smart is geared towards wrist gameplay. However, they both have the same plug and download feature, in this case something called the DiM Card. That may be where the similarities end, as it's a very different pet of the fitness genre. Personally, it would make my extremely physical job a bit more of a pleasure to do.  :lol:

digimon-vital-bracelet-products.png

Penguin-keeper

TamaTalk Guides
Staff member
Reaction score
so I'd keep checking HobbyLink or maybe JYW?
Unfortunately, Japan You Want is no longer a reasonable option for UK fans since they now require a $200 minimum order to ship here, so it'll just have to be HLJ and AmiAmi, I guess!

Anyway, that explains it, and many congratulations on securing the white one! :D You'll probably be the first person here with a Tamagotchi Smart, so I'll be looking forward to seeing your thoughts on it.

Speaking of wearables and hopefully not too off topic, but what are your thoughts on the Digimon Vital Bracelet? I think it's interesting that it has more app dependence, whereas the Tama Smart is geared towards wrist gameplay.
I didn't even know that it existed until right now! :lol: I'm not a fan of app-dependent devices because mobile applications are so ephemeral, and I've always had a soft spot for self-contained game-watches, so I think that the Tamagotchi Smart would win out for me, here.

Reaction score
I didn't even know that it existed until right now! :lol: I'm not a fan of app-dependent devices because mobile applications are so ephemeral, and I've always had a soft spot for self-contained game-watches, so I think that the Tamagotchi Smart would win out for me, here.
I got my vital bracelet a few months back without realising that the app didn't support my phone, but fortunately it seems that without the app the only features that you can't use are raid battles and stat boosting items

Eozeda

Reaction score
Unfortunately, Japan You Want is no longer a reasonable option for UK fans since they now require a $200 minimum order to ship here, so it'll just have to be HLJ and AmiAmi, I guess!

Anyway, that explains it, and many congratulations on securing the white one! :D You'll probably be the first person here with a Tamagotchi Smart, so I'll be looking forward to seeing your thoughts on it.

That's terrible news about JYW! I've gone through them a couple times, and was mostly surprised by the cost of shipping before I got used to the common overseas rates from sellers. I feel bad just imagining how much higher the total is if you need a $200 minimum in addition to that!  :eek:  I feel for you and wish they were a bit more reasonable about all that for you guys.

I'm so excited to have this coming, but I keep wondering if I should display it NIB while saving up for one to play regularly. Ick, the dilemma of collecting expensive toys... Even if I can't share my thoughts on the gameplay early, I'd like to I wait patiently with everyone else here anticipating their preorder, so we can share the same early play excitement.  :wub:  Hopefully I don't sound too greedy when I say that pink is growing on me for something I'd enjoy? ^^

I got my vital bracelet a few months back without realising that the app didn't support my phone, but fortunately it seems that without the app the only features that you can't use are raid battles and stat boosting items
Really!! That's awesome and much more accessible for folks who don't care for the app. That stinks it doesn't work with some phones, since it sounds like Bandai plans to patch it for English. So, that's a very good tip to check and see if it works before buying the bracelet, that is if you're someone motivated to buy as a result of the app getting a translation. It might be the selling point for them which could be a real let down.  :babytchi:  I'm mostly like you though, and was already anticipating one someday with or without app! I swear I need a less expensive hobby. Lol.

Reaction score
Eozeda said:
Really!! That's awesome and much more accessible for folks who don't care for the app. That stinks it doesn't work with some phones, since it sounds like Bandai plans to patch it for English. So, that's a very good tip to check and see if it works before buying the bracelet, that is if you're someone motivated to buy as a result of the app getting a translation. It might be the selling point for them which could be a real let down.  :babytchi:  I'm mostly like you though, and was already anticipating one someday with or without app! I swear I need a less expensive hobby. Lol.
I think the English patch actaully came out today, if what people are saying in the digimon discord server I'm in are right. I could've checked since bandai actually have a list up on their site with compatable smart phones listed but alas, I didn't think to check first :( I'm with you on needing a less expensive hobby tho lmao