Tamagotchi Smart

Help Support TamaTalk:

Eozeda

Reaction score
Evidently this is what our babies will look like without their straps on!! I'm so happy about how nice they look. As someone who's all-time favorite designs are the Korean Somes and fantasy Meets, I'm actually liking the modern minimalist look. I thought I only liked sparkly things, but who knew?  ;)

1000158845_7.jpg

1000160058_4.jpg

1000160059_4.jpg

Penguin-keeper

TamaTalk Guides
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, after finding that the Tamagotchi Pix's touch features resulted in what I felt was excessive busywork, I've found myself put off of the Tamagotchi Smart altogether - I don't think that touch-screen Tamagotchis are for me. :p

Eozeda

Reaction score
Unfortunately, after finding that the Tamagotchi Pix's touch features resulted in what I felt was excessive busywork, I've found myself put off of the Tamagotchi Smart altogether - I don't think that touch-screen Tamagotchis are for me. :p
I can understand how you feel! Though, I'm personally relieved it's touch screen instead of sensitive buttons, as I've never had trouble with any general touch screen device recognizing my input. Still, I just hope that Bandai puts more effort into this Japan exclusive than they did the Pix, which honestly felt rushed. Those oddities could have been noticed before launch.  :nyatchi:  Bad Bandai bad. *squirts bottle*

I managed a soft spot for the purple guy, while grateful for a full refund without return hassle. He's a reminder of a misadventure, but I can't hold a grudge after that generous gesture on Amazon's part. I had the option to exchange it, but... I obviously passed.  :kusatchi:  Not an awful device, but not affordable for fans expecting reliable touch responses at minimum, being the only form of input. I hope others are as lucky as I was getting that sort of customer support. Maybe it suggests enough people have expressed their feelings?

As for the Smart, I was also refunded my first order and went through White Rabbit Express to get ahold of an anniversary set elsewhere by proxy. $180+ less than what many eBay sellers are asking, even with shipping and proxy fees.  :rolleyes:  Basically, I feel less burned lately! Apologies for rambling – my intent was to help recommend some less expensive options to those interested, but also concerned about the cost vs potential issues. Most of us feel a bit burned right now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Klonoa13

Reaction score
I can understand how you feel! Though, I'm personally relieved it's touch screen instead of sensitive buttons, as I've never had trouble with any general touch screen device recognizing my input. Still, I just hope that Bandai puts more effort into this Japan exclusive than they did the Pix, which honestly felt rushed. Those oddities could have been noticed before launch.  :nyatchi:  Bad Bandai bad. *squirts bottle*

I managed a soft spot for the purple guy, while grateful for a full refund without return hassle. He's a reminder of a misadventure, but I can't hold a grudge after that generous gesture on Amazon's part. I had the option to exchange it, but... I obviously passed.  :kusatchi:  Not an awful device, but not affordable for fans expecting reliable touch responses at minimum, being the only form of input. I hope others are as lucky as I was getting that sort of customer support. Maybe it suggests enough people have expressed their feelings?

As for the Smart, I was also refunded my first order and went through White Rabbit Express to get ahold of an anniversary set elsewhere by proxy. $180+ less than what many eBay sellers are asking, even with shipping and proxy fees.  :rolleyes:  Basically, I feel less burned lately! Apologies for rambling – my intent was to help recommend some less expensive options to those interested, but also concerned about the cost vs potential issues. Most of us feel a bit burned right now.
200.gif

Bad Bandai, BAD!

OldSchoolVPQ

Reaction score
According to the e-mail I got from Premium Bandai, the 25th Anniversary set will begin shipping August 28, meaning they should start arriving August 29! Looking forward to getting mine :)

Eozeda

Reaction score
According to the e-mail I got from Premium Bandai, the 25th Anniversary set will begin shipping August 28, meaning they should start arriving August 29! Looking forward to getting mine :)
That's interesting, they must be doing international shipping following domestic. I weirdly have a seller who received it the first week in August, but unfortunately going through a proxy forwarding service, it is taking longer than expected due to the holiday break they took and postal delays. We might get ours around the same time!  :)  I'll still need to resist opening it with all my strength as I still plan to wait for a standard color. I'm too worried I'll damage my 25th at work if I wear it casually.

OldSchoolVPQ

Reaction score
That's interesting, they must be doing international shipping following domestic. I weirdly have a seller who received it the first week in August, but unfortunately going through a proxy forwarding service, it is taking longer than expected due to the holiday break they took and postal delays. 
That's...suspiciously early. Are you sure they got it? Japanese Twitter is pretty unanimous regarding the 28th ship date. If it were me I'd double-check with the seller and proxy service. 

And my Tamagotchi is shipping domestically - I live in Tokyo ;)

Eozeda

Reaction score
That's...suspiciously early. Are you sure they got it? Japanese Twitter is pretty unanimous regarding the 28th ship date. If it were me I'd double-check with the seller and proxy service. 

And my Tamagotchi is shipping domestically - I live in Tokyo ;)
*Edit: Jeez I just realized my email from the proxy service only said August. I was remembering the date of the last seller, whom I cancelled my order with. I'm now even more grateful I cancelled being that they were overcharging, as well as giving me the wrong date. Curious how more than one had that early August date though!

OldSchoolVPQ

Reaction score
I'm now even more grateful I cancelled being that they were overcharging, as well as giving me the wrong date. 
Sounds like you made the right choice! 

I have a feeling many sellers anticipated the shipment would be earlier in August. It would have been nice to have for the summer holidays, but such is life. By the time kids get them here, they'll already be heading back to school...!

In other news, what do we think the NiziU Smart will look like? I know very little about the group so I don't have an opinion here or there, but I bet we can expect a special TamaSma Card to go with it.

Eozeda

Reaction score
Sounds like you made the right choice! 

I have a feeling many sellers anticipated the shipment would be earlier in August. It would have been nice to have for the summer holidays, but such is life. By the time kids get them here, they'll already be heading back to school...!

In other news, what do we think the NiziU Smart will look like? I know very little about the group so I don't have an opinion here or there, but I bet we can expect a special TamaSma Card to go with it.
Oh wow I hadn't realized! Even though NiziU were part of the announcement, I wasn't aware how much they were involved. That's pretty exciting news especially because of the possibilities. Since niji means rainbow, it's very hard to imagine, but I sure wish there had been a pastel purple.

Unfortunately I don't know much about the group either or I might have a better guess.  :huh:  Hope we find out more as the date for the 25th Smart comes closer. I so agree about the awful timing for the poor kids! I work for the building grounds dept of my school district (and go to college) so I can kinda relate. Lol.

OldSchoolVPQ

Reaction score
I like white, but im scared that it'll get dirty easily :rolleyes:

well i mean i have a white magic on that doesnt get dirty, but who knows? ;-;"
This is one of my big concerns too, honestly! 

Unlike previous Tamas, it looks like the edge of the Smart unit as well as the band will be silicone or a similar softer plastic/synthetic rubber. I think the band, especially, will require regular cleaning to keep it sparkling. Google how to clean plastic/silicone watch bands and you'll find a plethora of tips. 

Silicone doesn't stain easily, but if it does, hydrogen peroxide soaks should help. Be careful handling this though! (And make sure to remove the Tama from the strap!) 

As for color, you've got plenty of time to decide. While the white has skyrocketed in price due to being a limited exclusive, the other units don't come out until November. Maybe wait to see what the NiziU version will look like? 

I'm sure whichever you get will be great! 

Eozeda

Reaction score
Looks like they revealed the NiziU set too! SmaCard also sold separately if you don't want the full set. 

https://toy.bandai.co.jp/series/tamagotchi/smart/niziu/

I like the simple design. 
I am absolutely in love with the design! It's simple yet beautiful. 🥰 I would be thrilled to have both white designs, and like this one considerably more than the 25th. It looks like you can internationally preorder the limited edition set on Amazon Japan that comes with the SmaCard and some other collectors stuff, possibly worthwhile considering how much the cost of a proxy or eBay will be eventually. I'm a little fuzzy on the difference between the benefits one and the other however?

OldSchoolVPQ

Reaction score
I am absolutely in love with the design! It's simple yet beautiful. 🥰 I would be thrilled to have both white designs, and like this one considerably more than the 25th. It looks like you can internationally preorder the limited edition set on Amazon Japan that comes with the SmaCard and some other collectors stuff, possibly worthwhile considering how much the cost of a proxy or eBay will be eventually. I'm a little fuzzy on the difference between the benefits one and the other however?
Yeah it's really nice!!!

I'm a die-hard classic fan whose pastel rainbow days are many years behind me so I am likely gonna stick with my 25th anniversary set, but the NiziU one is lovely...! 

As someone who frequently does the reverse (buy from US, ship to Japan) and occasionally Japan to US, I would 100% recommend using Amazon over a proxy service whenever possible.

With Amazon, you won't get upcharged, you know you'll be dealing with a legitimate seller, and their international shipping rates are REALLY good...and FAST! Amazon also gets you the cheapest pre-order price, which is sometimes only a couple of yen, but still helpful.

The only drawbacks I can think of are that an Amazon US/UK/etc account can't be used with Amazon.co.jp so you have to re-register from scratch, and your bank might call you for a suspected fraud charge the first time you buy something, but that all can be sorted out fairly easily. 

Eozeda

Reaction score
I'm a die-hard classic fan whose pastel rainbow days are many years behind me so I am likely gonna stick with my 25th anniversary set, but the NiziU one is lovely...!
I definitely love the classics, but these modern Tama and their aesthetics have just renewed my love for them possibly to greater level. In a funny turn of things, I might actually just now be discovering the qualities of pastel rainbows and girly themes I should have appreciated as a kid, but instead ran away from. 😂

With Amazon, you won't get upcharged, you know you'll be dealing with a legitimate seller, and their international shipping rates are REALLY good...and FAST! Amazon also gets you the cheapest pre-order price, which is sometimes only a couple of yen, but still helpful.
I agree 100% as I found that Amazon Japan saved me a fortune on my blue Fantasy Meets. I still don't have the heart to open it seeing the ridiculous growing value of new ones – knowing myself I'll just find a used purple Fantasy to bypass the dilemma of wanting to play but not wanting to open. 😭 Ever since I was a kid I always kept my favorite toys pristine somehow, so it's an old undying habit. Imagine how confusing that was for adults who thought I didn't like their gift, because it looked practically brand new. Lol.

At least the announcement of the Niziu Smart (and it replacing the spot of my favorite) has made the decision to open the 25th much easier!! I'm even more excited now that it's coming soon and I can play guilt free.  :tarakotchi: