Tamagotchi Tantalum Capacitor Replacement Guide

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scottatchi

Reaction score
So I wasn’t initially going to write a whole guide, but I started compiling information for my own use and then decided to take pictures of each of the Tamas I recapped. Well, I ended up organizing it all and then stumbling into writing a guide.

This is a (mostly) complete guide on replacing Modern/Color Tamagotchi capacitors with solid-state, tantalum capacitors. This is to try and preserve our beloved Tamagotchis and offer alternatives to the electrolytic capacitors that come from the factory. From researching other teardowns and doing my own, I think I have all the different board layouts cataloged and different methods for installing capacitors.

I hope that someone finds this helpful. I accidentally spent a lot of time researching and writing this.

This turned into quite a fun little project, even if I ended up damaging a few Tamas. I made mistakes so you don’t have to!

I’ll be happy to answer any questions to the best of my ability :)

If anyone has any information that’s missing in the guide and would like to reach out to me, that would be awesome. I’ll make revisions and updates as I get them.

In the Google Drive link, the top folder will have the most recent version of the guide.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/17PxOm2Ec5LNsSVPNQof50IM6KjOkosZx

Latest posts

Back