Tamagotchi Uni ??

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mat_Croft

Reaction score
First of all, I'd like to say that this information comes from this thread on reddit :
The patent is available here : https://fccid.io/PQ3SWALLOWUNI
the image below is also available here : https://fccid.io/PQ3SWALLOWUNI/Label/Label-Artwork-and-Location-6375194

es0lb41qhfma1.jpg

Apparently, a patent has been filled for a new Tamagotchi.
-The model name is SWALLOWUNI, but the Amazon link is just "Tamagotchi Uni"
-It would feature a wifi connection as well as a Li-ion rechargeable battery
-10 variants seem to be planned (43350 43351,43352,43353,43354,43355,43356,43357,43358,43359)

In my opinion, it might be an oversea release of the Tamagotchi Smart or a new version heavily inspired by it, as the back of the "Uni" is extremely similar to the back of the Smart :

Tama Smart back.jpg

Oooooh exciting! That said, I don't think it could be a Smart, I don't think it has wifi connectivity. That said, with how elegantly the PIX handled not having it and still engaging in online play via QR codes, I'm surprised they're making that jump instead of, say, NFC(close range to protect the young-uns from online creeps).
That said, I'd love to eat my words there, with the Japanese digimon DIMMs working with the English Vital Hero bracelets, I'd LOVE to raise all those SmaCards in English!

Oooooh exciting! That said, I don't think it could be a Smart, I don't think it has wifi connectivity. That said, with how elegantly the PIX handled not having it and still engaging in online play via QR codes, I'm surprised they're making that jump instead of, say, NFC(close range to protect the young-uns from online creeps).
That said, I'd love to eat my words there, with the Japanese digimon DIMMs working with the English Vital Hero bracelets, I'd LOVE to raise all those SmaCards in English!
They released OTA test results for the device, so I'm fairly certain it has wifi connectivity.

They released OTA test results for the device, so I'm fairly certain it has wifi connectivity.
OTA test results? I'm guessing that means "over the air"? Would you mind sharing a source so I can peep for myself? I made my comment over a month ago now, so I'm curious to see the new deets!

I have so many questions! I hope I'm able to use my Japanese sma cards with the uni, if it even has the ability to take a sma card. I can't wait to read everything my tama says!

ooh, now that it's been announced, is there any way to see what the 10 variants could be? i'm not super keen on the pink and purple but i'm not sure how long i can hold out for...

yeah there’s an Amazon listing now and they are available for preorder, but all we have are the pink and purple ones.
ooh, now that it's been announced, is there any way to see what the 10 variants could be? i'm not super keen on the pink and purple but i'm not sure how long i can hold out for...

Latest posts

Back