Tamagotchi Warnings

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i don't think fakes matter as long as they are fun and don't make you broke :)

tamagotchis with four or more buttons are fake!Tamagotchis that dont have that zigzag thing around the screen is fake!

:wacko:
Many impostors and fakes have zigzag around the screen, lower than the outer shell.

I have bought two fakagotchi's with this feature. It sucks! I'm pretty sure NO OTHER virtual pets can be funnier than Tamagotchi. The one i bought was a heartshaped thing, "Cyber Baby" ( I've seen many virtual pets with this name). it was pretty large, with giant and incomprehensible pixels. There were only two characters, and all they ever did was poop and eat. They moved from side to side, but didn't evolve. And the IR-connection really didn't make sense. I couldn't even see a toy brand anywhere.

I hated it, and i think that's why i sent it to a toy liquidator. maybe the materials can be used for something better.

Me has seen a V3 in a Japanese Magazine in Febuary 06!!! I have also seen a fake on a trip to Montana. It had 4 buttons and it even had an IR connector thingy on the top. They had a pictures of the characters and they were simalar to a real tamas! But the 2 things different were the buttons and the logos. The logo for the v pet were something like virtupet Dlux!!! Those are 2 ways you can recognize a fake! :)

Okay. So, if you want to know the difference, you can just see if they can connect to the real tamagotchis and make sure they have bandai on it. it is rude to make a fake tamabut it is also rude to barge in a store all mad because you got conned. on ebay, do NOT buy something like a tamagotchi who costs only about $2.00 as a starting price. My tamagotchi is real. On the back of the Tamagotchi (V4) it should say ©BANDAI, WIZ 2004 BANDAI 2004 MADE IN CHINA and on the bottom of that, it should say CAUTION: Battery harmful if swallowed. on a stcker. You should see all the designs on tamagotchi.com first. That is the main bandai site. All the designs of the latest versions on there and if it has all that and there is a mailing icon on your v4 which you do not have on a v3, you are NOT conned. that is just the way it is in v4. The shop codes should work just fine on the real version and all the screensavers should be the same on the special holidays and the best way to buy it is at toys r us because t hey sell the REAL ones NOT the fake ones.

Fakea real fake look
Umm.. there's a difference in a fake and a knock-off. This is a knock-off! It says Microchimp on it.. not Tamagotchi!! A FAKE is a virtual pet made to look just like a tamagotchi but NOT made by Bandai. There have been fakes with misspelled words on them that otherwise looked just like Tamagotchis.. Like spelled Tomagotchi or Tamogothchi and one where Bandai was spelled Banday. Those are where people want to actually trick you into thinking you have a REAL Bandai Tamagotchi. The other things you see are knock-offs and are only meant to be cheap alternatives to real tamagotchis.

Lozzie,how did u get to 12 generation so quick???CHEAT? :mimitchi: :lol: B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B)

After reading through all the posts, I've noticed a lot confusion about Tamagotchis. So some general information follows to help you out. =]

In the U.S. Version 4 was released not too long ago.

In Japan they are supposedly on Version 8. Unfortunately I am finding conflicting information on this. BUT if they are on Version 8: the Version 4 in the U.S. and Version 8 in Japan are basically the same, just some cultural differences mostly. (Like different foods to eat, etc.)

If anyone can prove which version Japan is on, that would be greatly appreciated. (Such as an official link - not a personal webpage)

The "Microchimp" picture in an earlier post is not a fake of Tamagotchi, it's a Gigapet.

It's manufactured by Tiger.

The Tamagotchi Connection: U.S. Version

Tamagotchi Connexion: European Version

Tamagotchi Plus: Japanese Version

Versions 1-4 have the infrared ability to connect to each other. (Version 1 was manufactured in 2004)

The Original Tamagotchi does not have the infrared connector. (Manufactured in the 1990s)

Where to buy Tamagotchis:

Version 3 and 4 are available on Amazon.com with very good prices.

If you buy two Version 4s you get free shipping. (Over 25 dollar purchase qualifies you for free shipping)

Some shell case colors are more expensive then others.

Version 1 and Version 2 are not available in stores such was Wal*Mart, etc.

These can be found on sites such as Ebay and at garage sales, friends, second hand stores/thrift shops.

How to protect yourself on Ebay:

1) Do not buy Version 3 or Version 4 on Ebay. They are available brand new on Amazon.com for a MUCH cheaper price, they are an absolutely trusted seller, and the shipping is free if you spend over $25. I've seen some Version 4s on Ebay go for over $50 dollars... that is ridiculous. Do not pay more then 20 dollars for a Version 4. I paid $14.99 each for the two Version 4s I bought off Amazon.com

2) Check seller's feedback

3) Look at pictures very carefully.

4) Do not even bother to read the rest of the auction if there is no picture.

5) Do not even bother to read the rest of the auction if there is a stock picture.

(A stock picture is a picture that anyone can use and is not a picture of the actual item the seller is selling.)

6) Be wary of power sellers.

7) I am not sure of the prices on Original Tamagotchis, Version 1s, or Version 2s. They're not really worth getting because there are less features for a more expensive price (due to rarity). The only reason to get one is really nostalgia... or you're addicted. =3

8) Spend some time going through auctions. It should take a few days, pick a few auctions you are interested in that end soon, and see what price they go for.

9) Read the description carefully. Duh.

10) These are the available cases for Version 4: https://www.tamagotchi.com/products/catalog1.php

(From the Official Tamagotchi Website.)

Examples of Authentic Version 3:

https://z.about.com/d/toys/1/0/e/9/GROUP-SHOT.jpg

(About.com)

Example of Authentic Version 2:

https://ec2.images-amazon.com/images/P/B000...ZZZZ_AA280_.jpg

(Amazon.com)

Example of Authentic Version 1:

https://www.freewebs.com/tamacraze101/Frame00006.BMP

(A little blurry, but best I could find at the moment)

And a very good and a must read explanation of all the Tamagotchi releases:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Tamag...inal_Tamagotchi

PICTURES OF FAKES

https://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u92/faketamas/th_5a_1.jpg

https://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u92/fak...s/th_b481_1.jpg

https://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u92/fak...s/th_B18_01.jpg

Above were all found on Ebay on April 17, 2007.

Note: All prices and denominations are in U.S. dollars

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw a tamagotchi booklet going on on ebay but it didnt say it was a booklet and it had a picture of a tamagotchi on it...I was so close in buying it to

If you must had known, i know the name of the fake tamagotchi which was sold here in the Philliphines was IMAGOTCHI!!! why do i say it was fake:

a.The plastic used in this toy would break right away when dropped

b.The pets are not like, memetchi, mametchi and more but rubber duckies and dragons!

c.The Bandai logo is immitated in this toy and the name placed instead of BANDAI was DIGIGAME

d.This toy has diffrent designs unrelated to tamagotchi

e.You cannot change the time

f.Made in China was placed in the back of the toy, same with the tamagotchi, but actualy it was made in Maguindanao

g.Plastic of IMAGOTCHI is transparen unlike the tamagotchi

Be careful, it may scatter in USA or other countries, so when you see this IMAGOTCHI, its not the cousin of tamagotchi, it is FAKE :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back