Tamagotchis not connecting/visiting (old version)

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoffeeCat

Reaction score
The day before I found my old tamagotchi that I had when I was around 8 yrs old. They still work, the buttons don't function well unless if you press on them hard but besides that, I'm currently having no other issues except for one

I wanted my two visit each other (I know how to do this) but the tamagotchi won't connect. It keeps saying it failed. I'm wondering if it's just because mine are too old and the censors don't work anymore or is there a way to fix this issue? If not then I guess I'm fine with it, at least they still work. Though I would like to know if there is a way, if it exists.

Here's the image of my tamagotchi, they the old versions, forgot which. Couldn't upload the image onto the post so I upload it on imgur

https://imgur.com/a/ukZjwTf

You can fix the button issues by taking your Tamagotchis apart and using a q-tip with some rubbing alcohol to take off the residue on the button contacts and inside the buttons. Here's a video link from this topic:

Click here to see a video on how to clean your tama, it might help :)  

Anyway, you red Tamagotchi is a V4 (I have that exact shell, but more beaten up) and your blue one is a V4.5. Connection-wise, they are treated as the same version so you should be using the option that say V4 in the connection menu. I haven't run my V4.5 in awhile so I don't remember if it just says V4 or V4.5 in the menu; don't use the option called "other" because that's for any other non-V4 tamas. Make sure you're pointing the infrared ports - the red section at the top of your Tamagotchis - at each other and they're a few centimeters close together. If you've already been using the same-version connection option, then I have heard of people complaining that the V4.5 will just outright fail when connecting to the V4 sometimes. Next to that, sometimes heat can cause Tamagotchis not to connect - especially if they're outside - and it's not recommended to do connections under strong light. 

If you want to embed images in your posts, just use the BBCode link imgur gives you.

Hello! :)  

the versions you have are V4 (ball antenna) & V4.5 (star antenna)

These two versions have some issues when you connect them, the best solution is to reset one of them and download your character again.

I found this useful tip from Tamagotchi ultimate connecting guide

Let us know if it works :)  

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello! :)  

the versions you have are V4 (ball antenna) & V4.5 (star antenna)

These two versions have some issues when you connect them, the best solution is to reset one of them and download your character again.

I found this useful tip from Tamagotchi ultimate connecting guide

Let us know if it works :)  
The resetting method worked! Thank you so much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also if not connecting could have something to do with if you dropped it got it wet has a scratched screen or if it has dirt in it 

hope this helped

Latest posts

Back