Tamagotchis & Studying

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mimitchi&hanatchilover

Reaction score
Uh. So. Although my Mom supported me with my Tamas when I first got back into them about a week ago, she now blames them for me not studying enough for the EQAO and getting a bad mark on that, and I think she’s right. She’s calling them childish, and I know that if I keep it up the way I am now I basically have no chance of getting another new Tamagotchi ever again, which, as a collector, is something I really do not want to happen. Also, I have to study for exams which are coming up next week. I currently have 6 Tamas running, but I definitely want to keep my Music Star and V4.5 with batteries in them.

The problem is my other ones.

I have a P1, and as far as I can remember as soon as you take the batteries out or reset it, that’s it. Poof. Gone. I don’t want to kill it, but I… should I? Schoolwork is more important than Tamas, I know, but I’ve taken good care of it so far and I’m really torn! It’s not like a Connection where you can just take out the batteries and come back to it later, or all you have to do is wait a few more days then it dies. No, these take a lot longer to grow, and… ugh. I don’t know.

Do you think three Tamas (if I keep the P1 running) is too much to handle? Or should I just take the batteries out of the V3, other V4.5, V5, and P1, and just keep the two I really want? I need to know what you guys would do, because right now I’m really quite torn….

I don’t want to just pause the Tamagotchis, because they’ll be on pause for the better part of the next two weeks, and who knows if I’ll ever get into them again?

Thank you! :3

(Something else to note, just before I post, which may be supporting factors for your guys's opinions: I must admit, taking care of 6 Tamagotchis at once is actually a bit of a burden! It seems like every 10 or 20 minutes, I have to check one, because they just randomly seem to get sick and poo everywhere and I don't know if I can keep up, because I have to study! Thanks once again.... This is a bit of a hard decision for me, especially as I feel kind of like I'm letting myself down, because while I thought I could, it turns out that I CAN'T handle it.)

I agree with studying being a bit more important then Tamagotchis. I'd recommend studying as often as you can, and putting your Tamagotchi's clocks to midnight, so they sleep while you are studying. If they keep on distracting you while you study, put them in a desk draw, you know they'll be okay.

I would pause them or put them to sleep, and when you have finished your chores, study and homework, and everything else, take them out of sleep and play to your hearts content. Or, bedtime. It gives you a nice incentive to do your work.

Okay... I work as a Tutor, where no one minds when I play with my Tama as long as work is done.

Warcraft is NOT as important as studying or work, but... I will try for offer my 2/100 anyway.

Most of my guild members are annoyed with me for having my Tama active during "Important Stuff". (Similar to Mom being angry with you?)

I say keep Three Tama running...

The two you REALLY want and finish the current life on P1... then take the batteries out and swap for another third.

Connection Tama have pause, but if you do not want to pause... As Kuri said, set them to sleep until you have finished study.

If you think you can handle a Tama during studytime... perhaps keep only P1 awake for now... after it dies switch to the v3?

I find v3's are good for running with other Tama and do not need much care. They only beep when empty or discipline.

Vintage Tama are best left for Breaks because they require constant attention to get good care (and keep alive after age 8).

Good Luck and let us know what you decide? ^^;;

~Phnx

Last edited by a moderator:
Pause function for p1/p2, go like you would change the time and go to *Set and don't set. Its a unoffical pause. Then connections... you got.

But p1/p2s become more needy as they get older. I recommend pausing it or removing the batteries. One tama on I would have on... more if you want. Just show your mom you are studying, in front of her.

I personally am having a bit of trouble with my all my tamas I have right now... All but one get pretty much ignored. So I recommend putting some away. Keeping 1/2 on.

Well, I'm keeping my V4.5, my V6, and my P1. ^.^; I currently have a Tamatchi on my P1, which is a good-care character, and he doesn't really bother me... but I will probably just put it on pause for a little while until I'm done my exams. ^.^; That, or just taking the batteries out all together....

But I'd feel really guilty, because I'd be essentially murdering it! However, if there are no batteries in it, there is no temptation to get it out and play it. Should I just take the batteries out?

In addition, my V4.5 and my V6 still have to grow.... My V6 will be having a baby soon, and my V4.5's parent just left, but they're not that hard to take care of.... :)

You can always change the time to Night time while they sleep until you can play with them. That way they still grow but you don't need to worry about the loosing hearts/care... Just remember that you switched them to night time. They aren't too happy when you wake in the morning and find them.

Be careful and make sure to set the time properly and slowly when pausing a p1 Tama (especially if it is sleep time).

I think it ages them a bit without making them grow faster.

~Phnx

Nah, don't know if I want to do that... because, as I said, the temptation is just always there to play with them! :( Besides, it's a pain pausing a P1. Maybe it would just be better to take the batteries out of most of them... and only keep the batteries in the V4.5 and V6... because no matter how guilty I feel about all that, grades are the most important thing, right? I mean, it's not like my Tamagotchi is going to kill me in my sleep just because I sent it back to its home planet or something because of schoolwork! *hehe*

Just think about it this way... What would MaMetchi do? He'd be the best student he could! You can always get your Tama back.

When I was studying, I would have one Tamagotchi running, and I would allow myself a 10 minute break every hour to sit back in my chair and play a few games with it.

I found it actually helped me to study, because I would set goals- like: 'write another 500 words on this essay and you can play a game', or 'finish reading chapter one of <insert book here> and you can go to the Tama shop' :p The whole time my Tamagotchi was sat there motivating me to do these things so I could spend a little time with it :)

It was also nice, once an hour, to be ble to relax for a few minutes so I didn't get too stressed. And when you're working, it's a good idea to occasionally focus on something else and clear your mind briefly, so that when you come back to it, you can spot any mistakes more easily. Like when you're writing a story and you get so wrapped up in it that it sounds great, but when you come back to it, you can see parts that don't quite sound right and fix them.

The problems only start if you become TOO distracted. You have to be disciplined and learn to concentrate on your work when you're NOT supposed to be playing with your Tamagotchi. It sounds silly, but I used to imagine that I had to set an example to my Tamagotchi- work hard, THEN play, not the other way round :p

EDIT: Oops I didn't mean to add another post XD Can't work out how to delete this one...

Last edited by a moderator:
It used to bother me a lot when my Tamas beeped while I was studying, but now I just part with them and work on those obnoxious math problems in a different room! :p

I second what Alicefly said, let them motivate you and make you want to set an example. I always used to put mine in my purse if I had other things to do because I knew they'd be a distraction to me!

Well, I'm keeping my V4.5, my V6, and my P1. ^.^; I currently have a Tamatchi on my P1, which is a good-care character, and he doesn't really bother me... but I will probably just put it on pause for a little while until I'm done my exams. ^.^; That, or just taking the batteries out all together....

But I'd feel really guilty, because I'd be essentially murdering it! However, if there are no batteries in it, there is no temptation to get it out and play it. Should I just take the batteries out?

In addition, my V4.5 and my V6 still have to grow.... My V6 will be having a baby soon, and my V4.5's parent just left, but they're not that hard to take care of.... :)
If you don't want to be tempted to play with them, then you can get un-obsessed. That's what I used to do; getting totally addicted for the weekend, then putting Tamas aside during the week. I don't do that now because I can't actually get obsessed!

I would say keep your MOST favorite ones running and then take the battery out of the rest of them. I do believe studying is more important than tamas [sadly] so yes that is what i would.

hope i helped

Sakura-san123 :) :lol:

I cannot even begin to imagine taking care of SIX tamagotchis.

I have enough handle and fun with just my one Tama-Go.

God. No.

Take your Tamagotchi toys away and just.. study.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back