Teen Pregnancies

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I began having sex when I was 16 (I am now 18). I was "responsible" with it, beginning the pill well before losing my virginity. However, I still had a scare about a month later, and have had about 3 scares since. When that happened to me I realized that when you are 16, the two minutes it takes the get the results from a home pregnancy test after you pee on the stick are two of the hardest minutes a 16-year-old can go through. I know that if I would have turned out to be pregnant (which I wasn't) I would have given the child up for adoption. I have made sure that every sexual partner I have had has known what would happen if I ended up pregnant. Yes, teens make mistakes. The good part is that a lot of the teens really do grow up quickly, and turn out to be good mothers and fathers. There were 6 girls pregnant in my high school graduating class (out of 154 people graduating, approximately half female). It was a pretty high number, but I actually believe that all the girls are ready for parenthood, and since they have all had their babies already I have had a chance to see that they really are succeeding. We actually had a girl in our class who got pregnant sophomore year, had her baby at the beginning of junior year, and still ended up being able to graduate high school. As much as I may not have liked the girl herself, I respect her for being able to be a parent and a student, both full-time.

Teen pregnancies are not always a bad thing, and I don't think that it's necessarily something you can "agree" or "disagree" with. The fact is that they are going to happen, no matter how many limitations society tries to put on teenagers. That is why I am thankful for organizations like Planned Parenthood, which allow teenagers to be responsible about their sexual health without consent from their parents (as long as they are 16 years of age).

I'm sorry if I have upset anybody. If I've upset you in some way I encourage you to send me a PM so we don't argue in this topic, because I don't believe that the topic is the place for it. I'm also sorry if my sharing of my personal history made anybody uncomfortable. I am a very open person, and I am willing to share a lot about my life. If you have any questions or need any advice, feel free to shoot me a message. I'm on TT a LOT during the day and night, so it is likely that I will be able to respond in a very timely manner.

I think that they are a little too young. I would get pregnant in the 20's if I wanted to. Teen pregnancies are just wrong, but it is their decision. There isn't a law..I don't think..about teen pregnancies against the law.

I dont know..like i said before kids having kids is what its like to me =/ I think its quite sad for the baby becuase either the mother gets an abortion or just give it up for adoption but what else can they do in this situation? I dont know...just sad.

~Mamitchi465

I do find it sad in some cases but it is the

parent's choices whether or not they want to

go through with it or not.

Usually, it's best to wait until you're married to have kids

(Look who's talking XP)

Anyways, like I said, if the parents want

it, it's there choice but they should know

what they're about to do with their lives.

I don't like referring to pregnant teenagers as

trapped with a "burden for the rest of their lives"

because children are beautiful things that happen

because of the parents.

It's actually Lynne Spear's fault that Jamie's pregnant. She let the boyfriend (who is 19 while she is 16) sleep over. And we all know what happens in dark rooms...

I feel sorry for pregnant girls. They had no clue what they were doing and the girls who keep their baby, now surrendered their life.

It's actually Lynne Spear's fault that Jamie's pregnant. She let the boyfriend (who is 19 while she is 16) sleep over. And we all know what happens in dark rooms...
I feel sorry for pregnant girls. They had no clue what they were doing and the girls who keep their baby, now surrendered their life.
No clue what they were doing? I beg to differ. I could have been a pregnant teen too, but I knew EXACTLY what I was doing. Most girls who are having sex know the consequences, they just don't prevent them or don't do a very good job of preventing them.

No clue what they were doing? I beg to differ. I could have been a pregnant teen too, but I knew EXACTLY what I was doing. Most girls who are having sex know the consequences, they just don't prevent them or don't do a very good job of preventing them.
In all fairness sometimes taking precautions isn't failsafe. Just had to point out that even sterilization isn't 100%.

I have always been very cautious but that doesn't mean I don't have a sigh of relief every time I get my period. :)

Wow. What an interesting way of thinking. Thats all I can say.

In all fairness sometimes taking precautions isn't failsafe. Just had to point out that even sterilization isn't 100%. I have always been very cautious but that doesn't mean I don't have a sigh of relief every time I get my period. :)
I know that taking precautions isn't 100% safe, I probably should have added that precautions also fail... my trains of thought aren't always complete ;)

I know exactly how you feel with the sigh of relief though... One more month that I know I'm not a pregnant teen!

liongirl, I have nothing to post really because you took the words out of my mouth! lol I started having sex VERY young, and I was careful, was on the pill (started on the shot, gained 100 pounds from it and moved to the pill), used condoms, and got tested often to make sure neither me or my partner had caught anything (its better to be safe than sorry and you never know who someone else has slept with!). I took all those precautions, and now that I am ready for children I can, and have, started a family.

I am glad that I had sex before marriage, you know why? Because now I am not wondering what it would be like to have sex with someone besides my husband. I know what it is like because I had a few partners before I met my husband so I dont get urges to cheat on him because I want to know if it would be different with someone else. My husband wonders all the time what it would be like with another girl, because I am the only one he has ever been with, we had sex before we were married but I was his first and his only. So I have the constant worry that he will cheat on me because the curiousity will get the better of him.

I am NOT saying that everyone should go have sex before they are married, I am just letting you all know that some people make these decisions for a reason, and please do not think badly upon them for it. It is their own choice.

I know what that sigh of relief when you finally get your cycle is like too lol I had that for about a year after my son was born (usually you want to wait at least 2 years after having a child to have another) because after you have a child, your cycles are all messed up and they never come when they are supposed to so every month your ripping your hair out from stress lol.

And on the Jamie Lynn Spears thing....it has nothing to do with her mother. Yes, her mother should have been making sure Jamie wasnt doing that type of stuff, but we all know that a mother cannot be everywhere at once. Jamie brought this on herself, she either was not careful enough, her contraceptive didnt work properly, or she was just being careless. Either way, she has decided to give up the baby which I personally think is the right choice. Lynn is only guilty of being a sell out. She sold the STORY of Jamies pregnancy to the tabloids for 1 million dollars. Now THAT you can find on google lol but the tabloids and press and whatnot had nothing to do with Jamie getting pregnant.

I do agree on what you're saying. As in what TW/P said, I think that sex should be after marriage or if you are a married and a teen, you'd also would have to wait a little longer. Although, marriage is unacceptable if you're under 18. Kind of strange if you were under 18 and married wouldn't you think? Since the law is that you have to be 18 to do anything mature of all sorts. ^_^
Actually my mom was married at 17. It was shortly before her 18th birthday, tho. (by a few months)

I noticed someone said that it's illegal for people to have sex under 17. That's not true in all areas. Some states in the US have an age of consent as young as 14. Most are either 16 or 18.
But, Wow. I really don't get that law.

How can you make someone not have Sex. Break into some random persons house and hopefully find some underage idiots making love?!

Doesn't make any sense to me.

But in Canada, I don't think we have a legal age to have sex.

But, Wow. I really don't get that law.How can you make someone not have Sex. Break into some random persons house and hopefully find some underage idiots making love?!

Doesn't make any sense to me.

But in Canada, I don't think we have a legal age to have sex.
The age of consent mostly works when it comes to rape.

If someone over the age of consent has sex with someone under it, it's considered statutory rape regardless if both parties consented or not.

I imagine there is one in Canada, it would most likely change between provinces though. I believe there's one in every country.

If someone over the age of consent has sex with someone under it, it's considered statutory rape regardless if both parties consented or not.

I imagine there is one in Canada, it would most likely change between provinces though. I believe there's one in every country.
-nod-

There was a girl who was only 14 with a boyfriend who was 18+ and she got pregnant. I heard they were dealing witht he whole rape thing in court even though it wasn't forced.

We do have one...but I think it depends on the case on a case-by-case basis...but I'm pretty sure an 18 year old sleeping with a 14 year old is frowned upon...just don't think it counts as rape unless they didn't want it or they have to be younger than 14 then it's definitely not the case. I could be totally way off though so don't take my word on it.

SK is right about the provinces thing. Strictness varies.

I am strongly against teen preganacies because the ruin a teens life. Divorce rates are higher, prematurity rates are higher, so why not enjoy life as teen and young adult first? I'm sure it'll outlast the wait!

~Camelle

Last edited by a moderator:
The age of consent in Canada recently changed from 14 to 16. That means if the person is 3 years and 1 day older than someone who is under 16, they can be charged for statutory rape. Even if there was consent the person could still land in jail.

Ooh~ That makes a lot more sense. :p

did you know that jamie lynn spears pregnancy was set up by her mom to get the lime light off of britney!!!!!!!! OMG RIGHT!!!
[SIZE=7pt]Where'd you get this news? The totally untrue history of... on Much?[/SIZE]

I don't like it. I never did. There are so many reasons why I do not like it...

Reasons:

-You have to leave high school

-You blow off your future plans

-You end up like Jamie Lynn Spears

-If you where raped, that makes it even worse x_x

I really would never experiance this. I woulden't want this during Elementary/Middle school either. In Arkansas, my moms friend's neighbor has an 11 year old daughter who is pregnant! It is kind of ridiculous at this point ;x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back