Teen Pregnancies

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's a sad, hard thing to go through and so many choose to put that life inside of them down which makes the situation even worse. :rolleyes:

It's the hard reality that many girls do not wait for marriage or at least till they have dated the man for several years [not that I agree with that but you know]. There are so many 'one night stands' amoung even some of the 9th graders and only increases as you go along in highschool.

I don't agree with sex before marriage and the other reasons are that protection isn't 100% and to get pregnant so young crushes the young souls.

I will say there ARE happy, healthy kids that come from young mothers but it's not worth the chance.

I think that it is wrong well I dont really know how to say it so I just put down wrong because it is kinda similar to the answer I would put I just dont know how to say it. One of my cousins got pregnant when she was 14 and had the baby when she was 15. I think its the parents fault. Because usually when parents are bad rolemodels their kids turn out doing something really stupid. Like Britney and Jamie Spears. Lynn Spears is a bad rolemodel so thats one reason why her 16 year old daughter did something stupid by getting pregnant and her 26 year old daughter is doing drugs.

I think that it is wrong well I dont really know how to say it so I just put down wrong because it is kinda similar to the answer I would put I just dont know how to say it. One of my cousins got pregnant when she was 14 and had the baby when she was 15. I think its the parents fault. Because usually when parents are bad rolemodels their kids turn out doing something really stupid. Like Britney and Jamie Spears. Lynn Spears is a bad rolemodel so thats one reason why her 16 year old daughter did something stupid by getting pregnant and her 26 year old daughter is doing drugs.
Well, I dunno about that. I think that it's just mainly the Girl, and Guys fault for not having protected sex. Sure, sometimes the parents can be an issue. But I find that it's mainly there own choice that they had unprotected sex.

Now I think it's very sad to be pregnant before you should be. But...It happens. :/

I do agree on what you're saying. As in what TW/P said, I think that sex should be after marriage or if you are a married and a teen, you'd also would have to wait a little longer. Although, marriage is unacceptable if you're under 18. Kind of strange if you were under 18 and married wouldn't you think? Since the law is that you have to be 18 to do anything mature of all sorts. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I dunno about that. I think that it's just mainly the Girl, and Guys fault for not having protected sex. Sure, sometimes the parents can be an issue. But I find that it's mainly there own choice that they had unprotected sex.
Now I think it's very sad to be pregnant before you should be. But...It happens. :/
Well its the teens fault for getting that way but its also kind of the parents fault because they were probably bad rolemodels but ofcourse teens who have good parents still get pregnant but still.

Teen pregnancies are SICK! I mean, they're so young. They shouldn't be having kids. My mom told me that if you're so young, you aren't mature like an adult is and your baby will be born with a brain problem or it'll be stupid or something. You don't have the responsibility to take care of a child. What are teenage girls thinking when they go through with stuff like that?

I do agree on what you're saying. As in what TW/P said, I think that sex should be after marriage or if you are a married and a teen, you'd also would have to wait a little longer. Although, marriage is unacceptable if you're under 18. Kind of strange if you were under 18 and married wouldn't you think? Since the law is that you have to be 18 to do anything mature of all sorts. :)
My mom thinks even 19 is a little young. I think 18 is still a little too young though. I even think 20 is a little to young! I think over 20, not exactly 20, is a good age for marriage.

I think it's absolutely disgusting what teenagers do these days. And it's not even LEGAL to have sex until you're at least 17 years of age. I say wait until you're older, more responsible and mature, have a career, and a husband/wife.

People sometimes make bad choices, and they have to suffer the consequences. I also feel that teenagers these days are undereducated about the effects of having unprotected sex. Parents should talk to their kids about this, and teachers too.

Well, the deal with the parents is sometimes the parents to treat the children right. When they do this- abuse them, don't pay any attention to them, etc.- the kid, now young adults, find it elsewhere whether it be drugs, alchohol, partying or sleeping around.

Girls with family problems are more at risk to sleep around because this guy showers her with love, attention and affection. She strives for this and needs it from her parents but doesn't know anywhere else to get it.

It's not really the "parent's fauly" blahblahblah but the parents do influence it. And sometimes they do influence them in a bad way but it's still the choice of the kid in the end.

Well, the deal with the parents is sometimes the parents to treat the children right. When they do this- abuse them, don't pay any attention to them, etc.- the kid, now young adults, find it elsewhere whether it be drugs, alchohol, partying or sleeping around.
Girls with family problems are more at risk to sleep around because this guy showers her with love, attention and affection. She strives for this and needs it from her parents but doesn't know anywhere else to get it.

It's not really the "parent's fauly" blahblahblah but the parents do influence it. And sometimes they do influence them in a bad way but it's still the choice of the kid in the end.
Word for word thats my best friend

so young, you aren't mature like an adult is and your baby will be born with a brain problem or it'll be stupid or something
Actually. That doesn't really have anything to do with it.

I know Plenty of Teens Whom are/became Pregnant/Had a kid and Their kids weren't stupid, or born with a brain problem.

But if The Teenage Mother was doing drugs, or stuff like that. Then Yes, It could have a Brain Problem.

My mom was 16 When She was Pregnant with Dale. (My brother, he's turning 19 in november). She Drank/Smoked When She was Pregnant With him. Dale ended up being born with Infant Alcohol Syndrome(or w/e its called).

My cousin (She's 22 now) was 15 When She became Pregnant With her First Daughter. (she has 3 kids now. When She was 15, When she was 19, And When She was 21). Her kids Turned out Fine. And She's Married. (She Married when she was 18)

My Other cousin's Friend, Is 16 now, She has a kid. It turned out fine.

My Old babysitter/Friend of the Family's Girlfriend, She has a little Boy. She gave birth to him when she was 13. She's 18 now. No problem There.

I Don't really have a problem with Teen pregnancies.

If the Teen is Able to realize what they've Done, And Live with their actions, and be responsible enough to raise an infant. Then thats okay with me.

I think Most teens know that If they have Unprotected Sex. Chances are Likely of Whats going to happen.

But if a Teen was Raped, And became pregnant. Thats wrong.

I don't think anything of teen pregnancies. It's their life. My 'friend' got pregnant at 15 and gave her baby up for adoption. Although I do think she's personally a slut, it doesn't bother me that she got pregnant.

When I hear about 13 year olds getting pregnant I think it's kind of awkward. I wonder what their parents are going through.

I noticed someone said that it's illegal for people to have sex under 17. That's not true in all areas. Some states in the US have an age of consent as young as 14. Most are either 16 or 18.

i think its hard and stupid. its hard for not only for the teen but for the parents cause with all the teens work thw parents will probabaly have too take care of them.

Parents don't teach their kids

Kids/Teens are confused

Kids/Teens start making mistakes

Kids/Teens usually end up with a very bad consequence.

Parents have to teach their Kids about this stuff, Kids don't learn on their own. :/

Adults usually want to just pass by on the whole "birds-and-the-bees" talk, but they really shouldn't. Even if the parents themselves don't talk about it with their kids, a trusted adult should. I know, in personal experience, my relationship with my mother and father is very.."strained/thin". They don't trust me, although 90% of people do. My parents don't realize that kids act [SIZE=14pt] completely [/SIZE] different to an adult who's not their parents. I mean, at least for me.

I know that I could never talk to my mom about sex. It's mind-boggling how she would beat me with [SIZE=14pt] teen abstinence teen abstinence teen abstinence[/SIZE]. It's all my grammas fault. When my mum was little - she lived in the country totally sheltered from the world. Her mom cut the f******* underwear section out of magazines, she was that strict. So, now that's rubbed off on my mom, which I have to deal with now. >_>

My mother doesn't realize that I am much smarter than I appear - or I just seem too neive. She doesn't give me credit for what I already know. She thinks that everything I'll ever know is learned from her, etc. I'm sorry, I know I'm ranting, and you all have no interest in any of waht I"m saying here, hence the topic "teen pregnancy". :\

Back on subject: I think teen pregnancy is bad. All we can do is have them learn about the consequences of having sex at a young age, and all of the heartache and commitment having a child calls for. Once we teach them, there's nothing else we can really do without ruining a relationship with their child. I mean, adolescents want independence. That's all they want. You give them enough, they're happy. You keep it tight, and they lose your trust.

All over, I think that parents should try to remember what they felt like when they were their kid's age. Then take that knowledge, and play it into their own kid, to try and keep things from being nasty.

Everything up there I just said: NOTHING I learned from my mother.

:D teens that are pregnant must be pretty stupid!! i have no sympathy for them!!!

I know its hard by the looks of it but they gotta think!!! Like Jamie Lynn Spears, what was she thinking!!!!!! UGH!!

its gross if you really think about it :chohimetchi:

You know, everybody is sitting here saying that teens are stupid and its disgusting that teens get pregnant, but nobody has even thought about the fact that everyone is different. I got together with my husband when I was 14, was engaged at 17, married at 18, and was pregnant at 20. Now, I am 21 and I have a one year old son and I couldnt be happier. Just because someone is a teenager does not mean that they are immature and stupid. Some of them have lived a different life style and HAVE grown up. Not all of them mind you, but some of them. Teen pregnancy is not a horrible thing. Yes, teens should be careful if they are going to have sex when they are not ready to have a child, yes they should (and usually do) think about the consequences. But if they get pregnant, then it is THEIR choice on wether they should have the child or not. They have to make the choice on wether they think they are ready or not. Alot of teens who do get pregnant have a hard time with the child because it isnt about maturity, because when you have a kid, your whole world changes and there is no room for immaturity, but it is rough for them because they have not learned the patience needed for a child.

Sex before marriage being bad? Maybe to some people, but the world is a different place than it was 50 years ago and it is more common than not that teens are having sex, so please do not discriminate against someone because they made a personal choice that you personally would not make. It was their decision, not yours. And do not sit there and bad mouth all the teen parents out there. There are ALOT of good teen parents who do not depend on their own parents to raise their children and who do just fine on their own. There seems to be this stereotype that teen parents are horrible parents and the kids will turn out to be messed up and drug bound and the is not the case. The age you have a child at does not dictate what the child will become later on in life, its the childs surroundings and the way you raise them. I am not saying the teen pregnancy is a good thing, but it isnt the end of the world. Every person has to make their own decision on when they are ready for children, some are just ready earlier than others and it bothers me that people reprimand them for it. Yes, if a teenager has a child when they are obviously not ready and they leave the child to their own parents to raise and what not then that teenager made a stupid choice. Does it make them stupid? No, I am pretty sure that that teenager has made plenty of good choices in their life and could have a high school diploma, just because they made a bad decision once, doesnt mean they are idiots, doesnt make them a bad person, just means that they screwed up, every human being does from time to time, no one is perfect.

I just beg all teenagers out there who are pregnant or want to get pregnant to MAKE SURE you are ready before you decide wether to have a child or not. If you DO get pregnant, there are options. There is the option to keep the child (as long as you are emotionally and financially ready), there is the option to adopt the child out (open adoptions or closed adoptions, whichever you prefer), and there is the option of abortion (terminating the pregnancy which can only be done up to a certain point). So look over your options and decide which would be best for you. You are the only one who knows you and knows if you would be able to handle a child or not.

I will tell you right now, when me and my husband decided to have a baby, we thought we were ready, and we do not regret having a baby, but it is ALOT harder than you ever think. You think you are ready for the middle of the night feedings, the many MANY diaper changes, the crying all the time, etc. but when that baby gets a cold or the flu during the winter, it will try every nerve and push every button you have, so if you think are ready, just remember that sometimes you cant control a situation and you need to be prepared for the worst. I worry every day that the baby will climb on something and fall down, I worry that he isnt eating enough, I worry that he is eating too much, I worry that he will hate me because I scolded him for getting into the dog food, I worry that he will get hurt when I leave him with my husband while I run to the store.....its crazy how much you worry lol

Anyways, I think I just started to ramble there. But the point that I am trying to make is that teen pregnancy is not disgusting. How could it be? It creates a new life! Is it wrong? Not exactly, because the person having the child might be ready and everything will be fine, you dont know because you arent them. Is it right? Not exactly because the person may abuse the child, neglect it, etc. because they werent ready and made the wrong choice. So please remember that everyone is different. Each teen pregnancy case is a whole new scenario and the circumstances are always different. Please just be a little more open about the topic instead! I am not saying that you should all go out and get pregnant, if anything I am trying to help you guys to learn more about what it is like to have a child and hope that if you ever WERE put in a situation like this (though from the looks of it, you all have pretty good heads on your shoulders by not wanting to have sex before you are ready) that you might be more educated in the decision making.

My hearts go out to the women who were raped and had children because of it, I cant imagine what it would be like to be reminded of that horrible day every time you look at your child but love that child so much that you couldnt imagine being with them.

All right, gonna have to cut this short since the baby is getting up from his nap. Sorry if this offended anyone but I was not trying to step on toes, just trying to get people to be more open minded and see things from other points of view. Thank you for listening.

I disagree with teen pregnancy. There's the whole abortion thing, and more than that, the teen has to give up a lot for the baby, if they choose not to have an abortion. Of course there is always the nasty rumors flying around school, and then there is college. You can't really go to college if you choose to raise the baby yourself. And then there is the whole no dad thing, because most boys leave the mother and child. Most teens aren't ready for the responsibility - bottom line.

Last edited by a moderator:
I noticed someone said that it's illegal for people to have sex under 17. That's not true in all areas. Some states in the US have an age of consent as young as 14. Most are either 16 or 18.
I think my science teacher said that it was illegal to have sex under 17.

And wow, 14? What has the world come to???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back