The Bard's Tama Log

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hech777

Reaction score
Thirteen years ago, a much younger version of myself finally stopped lurking TamaTalk and made an account. I don't remember much (if anything) of what I did on here, but I probably tried to start a log or two! But, my patience would inevitably run out, and along with that would go anything resembling posting consistency. Eventually, I stopped frequenting the forum, and my six Connections ended up tucked away in a drawer.

Last Saturday, I was going through some of my stuff after moving back home from college. I found all my old Tamagotchi, thinking on a whim that if we had the batteries, I'd start them up again. I was never very good at getting the best characters, but hey, I'm older now! Maybe I can treat my Tamas a bit better. I found a CR2032 in our family's battery basket, pulled out a screwdriver, and excitedly placed the battery in my old V1...

... only for the egg to pop up for a few seconds, after which the battery X screen showed. Well, alright. That would be a fix for another day. I'm sure the V2 was fine, right? It had an old battery in it, so maybe not, but I didn't see any signs of corrosion. Popped in the fresh battery and... it looks like my past self had, uh, debugged my V2? I was wanting a non-tampered Tama experience, so that would also be left for another day. Next on the list was the V3-- and there we go, a perfectly normal & functioning Tama! Hatched a black (boy) Teletchi, so I creatively named him Kuro. He evolved into a Tamatchi the day or so after.

After that, I popped back on Tamatalk, eager to see what all I'd "missed," per se. There's a lot that's new! Everything from the Music Star onward is completely alien to me. I'm excited to get batteries back in my collection, and also to expand what I've got! I actually have the opportunity to snag an Angelgotchi, or some of the other vintage ones. On that note, I've got an Angelgotchi and one of the Gudetamas in my cart on JapanYouWant... I do editing work for my buddy who went on to grad school, so once she's sent me her paper and paid me, I'll order those.

I was actually going to wait until I had the Angel to start this log, but it's going to be at least a few more days before I can place that order. In the mean time, I'll be talking about my V3! Let's try posting a picture.

2zss51g.jpg

Here he is! He evolved into a Young Mametchi, which my younger self aspired to but was never particularly effective in getting. Despite job-hunting, wedding planning, and apartment-hunting with my fiancé, I've got chunks of free time, so that means better-cared-for Tamas. I'm also eternally thankful that he goes to bed at 8, so that this Friday's D&D session won't be marked by my constant checking of this lil guy while my bard is in danger :D

It lists age as 3, though it's Wednesday and he's been active since Saturday, but I feel like I remember this being a quirk before.

rk06x1.jpg

I always love the little idle animations they have. Bouncing around the screen is cute enough, but brushing teeth & taking a bath before bed is very nice. It makes them feel a little more "real," I guess?

I don't remember when V3s evolve into the Adult form, but probably in the next few days. I'll try to update every couple of days, more or less depending on when interesting stuff happens, tho I expect once I get more started up/add more to my collection it'll get livelier around here! I'm curious about the modern ones, but they seem sort of intimidating... the m!x looks cool, but I'll need to figure out which version, and then there's the cost... they're a little pricier than I'm used to. We'll see! ^_^

EDIT: I realized I didn't initially select a prefix for the topic, but when I go back and edit it to try to fix that, it doesn't seem to "take"? Not sure what's going on with that or if there's something I need to do to attach the COMMENTS OK prefix to the topic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright, here's an update!

Yesterday morning (age 4), Kuro evolved from a Young Mametchi to a... I think it's called Leaftchi? Or Violetchi?

9t3n6a.jpg

Pretty cute! As far as I know, I've managed to avoid any care mistakes, and the discipline meter was filled early on in teenager form.

ehwti0.jpg

Playing with the ball! The different items you can grab add some nice variety.
We also tried the lamp...

2rngg36.jpg

... but to no avail.
Adult Kuro goes to bed an hour later than as a teen, so I'll be keeping an eye on him while fighting chitines in our tabletop session tonight. Wish me luck on both those fronts :lol:
The V3 has always been cool, though I miss getting on Tamatown-- that's got to be down by now.
The V3 has enough content that it was fun to rediscover some of the fun little features, like the different games and stuff that pops up in the shops, but not so much as to be overwhelming to return to as the first Tama I restarted.

Browsing ebay and seeing this same V3 shell design being sold for $40+ when we got it for, like, $15 (if my memory serves) back when it originally came out... it's kind of a weird feeling. But I'm glad people still love Tamagotchi!

EDIT: I realized I didn't initially select a prefix for the topic, but when I go back and edit it to try to fix that, it doesn't seem to "take"? Not sure what's going on with that or if there's something I need to do to attach the COMMENTS OK prefix to the topic.
I've edited the title so it's COMMENTS OK :)

(The TamaGuides do this after a new topic is created by the OP)

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright, great, let's get this new week started off with a good chunky update.

The rest of Friday went by uneventfully, Tama-wise, tho my bard ended up in the Underdark after an unsuccessful fight, we'll see what happens from there! On Saturday, I hung out with my fiancé, so I didn't get the chance to check on Kuro for a bit. We saw the Black Panther movie and really enjoyed it!

I did catch Kuro playing in the snow, so that was a cool screen to see.

263k5eb.jpg

I also made enough points to buy the wings when they showed up in the shop!

20zustf.jpg

I think they look especially cute on a Violetchi!

Then, today, at 3:00, the Matchmaker showed up. Kuro was matched with a Chomametchi, which is one I haven't seen very often!

4hwivd.jpg

And here's Kuro & his daughter!

1z3ywao.jpg

I'm excited to see how the second generation turns out, especially since different characters show up for even-numbered gens vs. odd-numbered. And hey, it's been a week since I got back into Tamagotchi!

Earlier this afternoon, my fiancé mentioned that he was at Walmart, so I asked if he could check to see if they had any of the 20th anniversary Tamagotchi Minis. I figured it was a long shot and was super surprised when he sent me this picture!!

n1dx1u.jpg

Nice! They had one blue flocked shell left, so he got me that one ^_^ I'm really excited! We don't live very close to each other, so it'll probably be next Saturday when I'll get it.

I'm going to go ahead and get one of the Angelgotchi from JYW, as well, before the last one gets picked up by someone else. I've got graduation money left, so I can dip into that a bit, no problem.

So there we go! About to head into second generation with my V3, Angelgotchi has been ordered, and a 20th anniver. flocked shell Tama secured!

Hope everyone's having a good Tuesday! We've started into the 2nd gen-- last night, Kuro... er, floated up into the sky, entrusting his daughter to my care.

2nkianm.jpg

2d94vtj.jpg

There he goes...

I had a dentist appointment this morning, so I filled the lil Teletchi up with snacks real quick before I went. Ella-- that's what I named her-- soon after evolved into a Mohitamatchi!

20a56e1.jpg

I'm not sure how weight factors in, but my feeling is that it's better to play games vs. feed snacks, right? Especially since they can get sick from too many snacks? I played a few games to get her weight down, so we'll see what the teenager looks like. I might have missed a few discipline calls while I was busy, but so far we've got the bar filled with three marks.

288829d.jpg

Oh yeah, and we got some sweet loot from the plant. Well, 100 points, but still a fun surprise.

23uq0sx.jpg

Mohitamatchi looks a little funny when happy, don't you think? She looks "stretchy" or something. Maybe the tama is supposed to be similar to a mochi ball? :lol: And then, when it evolves, it stretches into its teenager form and solidifies?? Hm...

I love the casual strangeness of Tamagotchi. There's no real explanation, but I feel like it's better that it doesn't.

Anyways, hope y'all have a good day, and see you next time-- probably with more V3 stuff only, since the Angelgotchi will be in the mail for a while!

Aaaah, this blog just feels really charming! I love the quick updates, and the wonderfulness that is your return to tamagotchis - as I weirdly put it, seeing all this stuff again multiple years later must be so nostalgic to you. :) This blog usually updates after I finish school, at least where I live, so I just love relaxing and reading this. :)

Can't wait to see what happens with Ella! What adult character are you aiming to get? :D

Glad you're enjoying this, Tamacass! This log has been nice to have-- as well as a Tamagotchi to take care of-- as I'm kind of in a weird, stressful in-between place in my life right now. As far as Ella goes, I'd be thrilled to get Mimitchi or any of the other iconic characters! We'll see tho!

I woke up yesterday to see that Ella had evolved into a Young Mimitchi! I love this design a lot, probably more than Young Mametchi, who I got last time. I think it's because Young Mimitchi (and Mimitchi itself) is evocative of that older, rounder Pikachu design we saw in the first few Pokemon games. There's just something friendly-looking about it.

2ijhis2.jpg

Also the nubby arms are very precious ^_^

Ella was patient with me yesterday morning, as I had a few medical appointments to get to, and then was running errands for most of the day. I wasn't so busy as to prevent me from checking on her and filling up the meters, but I did have a few close calls. I made sure to play some games with her once we got home! I've also somehow managed to nearly fill up the Discipline meter-- maybe that's just because V3s call a lot, I'm not sure. Regardless, it's been going well despite my bouts of absence.

16h58k2.jpg

1fizgp.jpg

2drbg9y.jpg

We tried the lamp today! Ella got very lucky and got 2000 GP from the genie, as well as 1000-some from a chest! We've got a tidy sum saved up in case more high-ticket items show up at the shop :D I've managed to get what I feel like are most of them so far!

I'm also excited because we're playing more D&D tomorrow evening! My fiancé has been DMing a two-group campaign for almost two years now, one group (the one I'm in) is good-aligned, and the other group is evil-aligned, so even though we have Official Group Names we mostly just call them the good squad and the evil squad :lol: The good squad has been split up, hence my bard being by himself in the last session, but the evil squad has stayed together. At some point, the groups will meet! Right now, though, there's an evil squad session happening tomorrow, and I get to take the role of a bard NPC, since bards are my favorite D&D class, haha. By my estimates, Ella won't have evolved by then, so she'll be in bed as it starts.

And, let's see, I'll either have a new update Saturday morning or late Saturday evening after I get back! Either way, my flocked shell Tamagotchi will be in my hands and in these updates soon!

51bx2c.jpg

Hope you guys have a good end of the week!

I love D&D! (though right now I've been doing Starfinder). I love DM'ing a ton, but I'm kinda burned out after doing it for years and would love to play as a PLAYER for once. XD

Young Mimitchi is a great sprite. I love the variations of the teens on the V3, and the odd/even character shift helps things keep feeling really fresh even after a few generations. :D

(I totally would have liked your post, but I capped out my likes for the day I guess XD)

Hoky: Hooray, a fellow D&D fan! I didn't know what Starfinder was, but I google'd it and that looks pretty rad. I got into D&D a few years ago and haven't tried any of Paizo's stuff yet, tho I know a few who've played Pathfinder before! DMing is great-- but I totally get the burnout thing. I'm fortunate that I get to be a player most of the since there are multiple DMs in our group, and then can hop in and run a one-off session every so often. I can't believe I didn't notice the odd/even V3 generation thing as a kid, but I guess some things just went right over my head. It's definitely a good mechanic to introduce some variety!

This update's going to be pretty short! The most notable thing that happened is that Ella evolved a few hours ago...

2hx3lty.jpg

... into a character I've never gotten before, so I had to check the character chart to see who it is! It's Decotchi! This is a really cool/different character to get, it kind of falls into the "head with legs" thing that the oldies/Bill have going for them, but with a Frankenstein's monster twist. Definitely not what I was expecting, but a cool surprise!

Let's try an accessory!

jfygbc.jpg

I love all the items you can try on, it really leans into the excitement of getting your tama to an adult form, so that now you can see what they look like with all these animations.

npqbs8.jpg

I forgot what the stuffed animal item did, so I guess Ella's going to look like this for the rest of the day!

See you all later!

Hey all! Small update last time, so here's a bigger one!

I got the 20th anniversary mini from my fiancé on Saturday, and I started it up yesterday. I knew it was small, but oh my gosh guys, it is SO TINY. I love it, it's so cute, and the fuzzy flocked shell is a great variation on the usual plastic. It kind of picks up lint easy, and I've already peeled more than a few cat hairs off it, so I wouldn't recommend putting it in your pocket if you don't want stuff to get on it. Otherwise though it's a nice little sensory thing ^_^ I want like, 20 of these little guys. But I'll probably go the saner route and keep my eye out for the other flocked shells.

dmta3m.jpg

2yvvuw1.jpg

I'm not kidding, this stuff is ridiculously cute to me. The simpler functions also fit well with the smaller form, especially the teeny lil buttons! My hands are small, but playing a game like the V3s have on it would be a little less comfortable for sure.

s6qik0.jpg

It also evolved into Kuchipatchi today! A good, classic duck boy :lol: That's apparently the "average" care character, which makes sense since I was a little less attentive yesterday. It does seem like the Minis need food/candy a little more frequently than the V3 does, but maybe that's because I can't check it directly. We'll see how long this one hangs around, and I'll try for a different character next time!

Ella is doing well so far, we'll be looking out for the Matchmaker tonight and tomorrow. For now though, we're just hanging out.

id6v10.jpg

The wig is... hmmm. Interesting? I tried using the makeup item but she just looked confused, so maybe it doesn't work on this kind of character. We also tried the pencil.

izxp4z.jpg

14e3wbm.jpg

And a closeup!

So that's what's up with these two! I've been looking at the tracking info on my Angelgotchi, and it looks like I'll get it in the mail either today or tomorrow, fingers crossed? Not sure if I should have three of these running at once, but knowing myself, I'll probably start it up anyways as soon as I get it :p I don't remember if JYW includes batteries or not? We'll see. I'm definitely opening it up to check on it when it gets here, though, since it's an old Tama. Wish me luck!

2ai4lzr.jpg

Definitely wishing you luck! Man, I wasn't hopeful about the 20th anniversary Minis, considering I knew they were more or less electronic accessories to cash in on nostalgia (and the fact Bandai likes to forget that Tamagotchi Connections exist), but they look really simplistic and cute.... Aaaaah, I'm so conflicted!! :p Decotchi is actually a really cute character though, even with her strange appearance, haha. All these good characters were barely featured past the V3, which makes me sad. :( I've always wanted a V3 for this reason, and a few more. Though I do have a V2 I got from a friend recently which I haven't tested...

Sorry for the wall of text, hope your Tamas are doing well at this moment! :D

Tamacass-- Thanks! I definitely recommend the V3 because the cast of characters seem plentiful and varied, which makes it a lot of fun to keep playing. I don't remember what the V2 was like compared to the V3, but it's worth a shot if you've got one on hand ^_^ And yes, the Minis are pretty simple. I'm not sure that it would be as fun to run as a single tama, but having it alongside others is nice, and the flocked shell is a neat little novelty. If you're looking for a more complex/full tama experience, I'd save the $15 or so and put it towards getting a different tama. But, if you like the shell designs and think you would enjoy having a tiny tama, even if it doesn't have any games and has a limited amount of characters, then a Mini is fun! I'm incredibly weak to teeny versions of things, though, so I'm biased. :D

Amongst wedding planning, job hunting, and all that jazz, Tamagotchi have been nice little islands of calm for me since I started them up. I've got a dentist appointment for a filling later today, so that's not fun, but! Yesterday! Good things happened!

atua87.jpg

Tama mail! :lol: My angelgotchi from JYW arrived!

1q369h.jpg

The tamagotchi that I have wanted since I first heard of them, way back... it's here! A new addition to the family! Speaking of new additions, Ella received a suitor yesterday...

jg5ovo.jpg

2s6k004.jpg

... and had a daughter! The next generation (the 3rd) should begin tomorrow! Here's a pic of my running tamas, before I opened up the Angel:

14afrb4.jpg

Kuchipatchi is still Kuchipatchi, of course. He hasn't gotten sick at all, so I hope to keep him around for as long as I can.

Onto the Angelgotchi!

I found the tiniest screwdriver ever in the toolbox to pop it open, thankful that batteries were included. There was a little bit of dust-looking stuff on the battery and contacts not covered by the plastic tab, so that was easily removed. I wanted to check on its internal parts, but those four screws were pretty tight, one of which just wouldn't budge and I think I might have stripped :p so I gave up on that.

m9q0ih.jpg

Not entirely sure what the little scratch (?) on the disc-looking bit above the batteries is, but I tried not to mess with much. I put the batteries back in and was terrified when only a part of the screen showed, but fortunately that was remedied by tightening the screws a bit and making sure everything was put in place! Success!

2z59m60.jpg

Compared to the Connection's loud, strident beeps, and even the Mini's more medium sounds, the Angel's sounds are pretty soft. Enough to get your attention, for sure, but it's more like talking while the V3 is more like yelling :blink: The Angel is real cute! The buttons are a little harder to press, it seems like they're more inside the shell than the Connections, so you have to be more deliberate with pressing. It also caught me off guard that the game doesn't stop automatically, like there's not an "end goal" like with the Connection games, you just... keep jumping stars into eternity.

It would be nice if you could unlock more games, since it gets a little monotonous. Otherwise though, it's a fun Tama for sure, and the unique concept behind it is really great. The idea of a deceased Tama turning into an Angel is, again, just enough explanation to be interesting.

Oh, and the tapping on the screen to scare away the bat is a fun extra feature, too!

2yu0uj4.jpg

It's a lil Maruten right now. I've only caught it smiling (when you need to praise it) once, so maybe I need to pay a little more attention? We'll see!

Hope y'all's week is going well, and see you next time!

Not entirely sure what the little scratch (?) on the disc-looking bit above the batteries is, <--The disc is the speaker, and my Morino has a little mark like that, too. I thought it was corrosion, but I really don't know enough to be sure.

Glad you like the angel! A lot of your thoughts mirror my own. It is pretty quiet, the game does get a little taxing, and the screen tapping feature is super neat! If you dig that, you should TOTALLY go for a Morino, as it hits a lot of the same notes (and has a better game).

Also, pretty sure the button presses feel 'stickier' or whatever because of the older processor, so there's just a little noticeable lag. It's funny, because it's just as noticeable between the connections and something newer like a M!x, which makes the vintage tamas seem so slooooowwww. XD

Also also, does your Angel poop every time you praise it? Or is that just mine??

Hoky-- Hmm, maybe that mark is just a common occurrence on the speakers? Weird. Anyways, what I've seen of the Morino is really cool, it looks like another fun spin on the normal Tama kind of stuff! And yep, every time, I'm not entirely sure why but every stage of the angel seems to poop after praise. Really not sure what's up with that? :D Also, it looks like our Angels have different-looking icons, which is interesting.

The Angel evolved into a Kodoten! Glad to be on the good-care path, though I'm also looking forward to experimenting to get different characters. He has a little wand he waves when he wants to be praised!

xbl5vt.jpg

b8u71w.jpg

21eq0p.jpg

And they sleep on clouds!! I thought that was a nice touch.

And yesterday evening, he evolved into Kuriten! I'm happy to get this cute little guy. As I've probably mentioned before, the Angelgotchi was the vintage tama that younger-me wanted the most, so it's fun to experience this. ^_^

30kznh3.jpg

2jdm9f5.jpg

2r2vtwn.jpg

Also got to catch Kuriten go on a walk, though my picture of the animation he did afterwards is a little blurry. It almost looks like he had the halo off? I'm not sure.

Onto the V3! Ella left behind her daughter, who I have named Fruit because how many five-letter words are there out there, anyways? Fruit evolved into a Kuchitamatchi! I've somehow avoided getting a repeat toddler form so far!

2jewzev.jpg

I love how with the toddlers, it's a total toss-up whether you get legs or not.

And then this afternoon, she evolved into a Obotchi!

etbl00.jpg

Life as a Tamagotchi must be odd. Suddenly you go from a floating duck-face to arms, legs, and hair, and no duck-face. They must be very adaptable creatures :D I think I've done pretty well with this gen so far, though I accidentally paused it somehow between last night and this morning, and might have gotten a care miss yesterday. We'll see!

The little Kuchipatchi mini is same as always! I'm always picking cat hair off of it, but otherwise no change.

Hope y'all have a good weekend!

For the different Icons- I know they eventually changed the icons when they did the international release, but I checked Tamashell and some of the JP ones appear to have the updated icons, so that must be what you have!

From the tamagotchi wiki: "While early releases of the Japanese models featured the original Tamagotchi icons, the later releases had newly designed icons exclusive to the Angel. The toilet icon, represented by a butt with wings, was later changed to a roll of toilet paper for the international release"

Yep!

Ah yeah, that explains it! They do look more similar to the Connection icons. Cool!

The weather has been pretty gross recently, cold and rainy mostly. We had a few nice days earlier in the month, but I guess we're in the midst of the wet early spring weather. NC can have some unpredictable weather, though, so I'm holding out for a few sunny days to boost the mood :)

Let's see... the Mini is hanging in there, still pretty easy going. My cat knocked it off my bedside table one night and whisked it under the bed, so I had to perform a quick rescue mission to make sure the little guy didn't end up in the kitty's mouth-- that wouldn't have been fun for any party involved :mellow: I keep my tamas in my purse when they're asleep now, since that's never far away from me.

Fruit is still a teen, so nothing too much to report there! We pulled the lion doll out of my inventory so she could play with it. Otherwise, I've been about the same care-wise, playing games instead of feeding snacks and all that. I'm curious to see what adult form I get-- can we keep up the no-repeats record? :lol:

2ryh940.jpg
x4nc5k.jpg

I got a picture of Kuriten calling for praise, which is a much more uhh sparkly animation than the previous forms! I guess the pooping-afterwards is just one of those weird Tamagotchi things, lol.

2hs86k5.jpg

Also, I had some trouble calling him back from this afternoon's walk. I hit the call button a few times, only to see the door open, so I tried tapping the screen to see if that did anything, and that seemed to work? I wonder if that's a random chance thing, or if the tapping actually worked...

14wekxf.jpg
2lln1iu.jpg

And when I was setting all three tamas next to each other, I noticed that Kuriten had evolved into the Twin Angels/Futagotenshi! They are surprisingly chill with sharing meals, though I guess they are angels, so...

I'll have to get a picture of them when the bat shows up, though, because that's even more unique looking with the two faces in the corner.

2ynrp1l.jpg
d3zh4.jpg

353du3b.jpg

I'm much less familiar with the rhythm of the Mini and the Angel, so I don't have a good beat on how long they'll stick around. Three tamas feels like my limit, though, even though I've been eyeing a few tamas on JYW... but no, I've already got three, and no luck on the job front anyways, so I'll probably hold off a bit longer :p Or maybe I'll just scrounge up a battery to put in one of my other Connections? Decisions, decisions.

That's all for this update! Stay dry, everyone!

We got some weird March snow yesterday. It was pretty, but with all the snow we got earlier this year, I'm kind of glad it didn't stick. The sun is out in full force right now!

Some fun updates on the tama front, so here we go!

My Mini evolved yesterday from Kuchipatchi into Oyajitchi! I guess I have kept him up for a while, after all. It seems to need attention more frequently as it gets older, unless my imagination is playing tricks on me.

2udyy4p.jpg

The flocked shell is cool, but keeping it free from lint is a losing battle. Maybe if I attached it to my purse, then it would avoid some of that? I'm not sure. For now, even though lint sticks to it, it seems to be maintaining its color, which is nice.

Fruit has also evolved! Went to sleep with the lion doll nearby, then woke up and evolved into the adorable Memetchi!

2q3c369.jpg

15s1lp0.jpg
5d5w3.jpg

I tried to play a variety of different games, so maybe that influenced the evolution? Memetchi is supposed to be a "above average care" adult, which makes sense. We've kept up the no-repeats record so far for gen 3, guys!

The angel is still the twins, and man, are they strange! I got pictures of their different interactions. The "happy" and "upset" animations are a special kind of horrifying, if you ask me...

33em0xw.jpg
ve1wzl.jpg

Add the Huge Emoting Face onto the fact that either one of their faces tend to either shrink or disappear entirely in the animations and well, that's on the pixel train to strangeville.

29wss2a.jpg

Asking for praise here.

2vxf2mo.jpg

Okay, the hiding-from-the-bat thing is cute. They are definitely a unique character! You'd expect the Angelgotchi to have mostly angel-ified versions of the usual Tamagotchi characters, so seeing that they're mostly their own characters is a nice aspect.

Let's see, what's next... Fruit recently evolved, so it'll be a bit before she marries and has a kid. The Mini seems to be approaching the end of its life cycle, as does the Angel, but I'd guess that they'll stick around for the next few days as well. We'll see what I've got next update!

That's rad that you got Oyajitchi! I wish the newer shells used the P2 characters instead of the P1 ones, but it's all cool. Yeah, in older Tamagotchis, they get a lot more needy. It also depends on whether or not you take good care of your Tamagotchi - the worst characters require heaps of attention, though I guess it counts with age too.

dang, those Angel Twins are very uncanny-valley like! I guess it's like one of them zooming in, but... eugh. They're pretty cute, though! Memetchi is awesome, good job getting them! :D What gender do you think you'll get next on your V3? I wish the older Tamagotchis had marriage options, but it was the first of it's kind, so Bandai had plenty of time to evolve the formula - don't ever expect too much on the first time, hehehe.

Tamacass-- That makes sense! It would be cool if the newer 20th ann. minis had different characters, though I guess they're going for simplicity. My foundational tama experience is with Connections, so I'm much more used to the week-long ish cycle of raising into adult, waiting for matchmaker, raising the next one. But it definitely makes sense that the older/less well-cared for they are, the more attention they need!

The twin angels are So. Weird. :eek: Uncanny valley is the perfect phrase for them, for sure.

Well, I was going to hope for a boy next time, but just as I started typing the new update--

The matchmaker arrived! Fruit gets to marry a cute worm.

35jja6x.jpg

And she had a daughter! We're on a streak of girl Tamas for now, it seems!

161g3uc.jpg

I'm definitely enjoying Memetchi's smiling face this time around. ^_^ Reminds me of the Tamagotchi Corner Shop DS games. I wonder if I still have those tucked away somewhere...

The other two Tamas are about the same! Maybe a little needier as they grow older. Let's see... the Angel is 10, so the Mini must be a bit older. I think with the next run on the Angel, I'll try for a bad-care character, and give myself a break from playing the star game so much ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

There's not much, but that's all for now!

10f9ro9.jpg

This weekend has been a lot more than usual! Both with respect to tamas and to other life stuff. We might have found an apartment, and a bunch of other stuff is in the works, etc... and hey, Mob Psycho 100 is getting a second season, and Wizards of the Coast is teasing something new for D&D besides just MToF... but yes. Tamagotchi. Here we go!

Friday was Fruit's last day with her daughter, so she left Saturday! Not the best timing, as busyness resulted in some care mishaps for the new kid, Apple, but she's hanging in there!

k1ctbk.jpg

Evolved into a Mizutamatchi, which-- if I'm not mistaken-- was the last toddler we haven't gotten yet! Hooray for 4th gen!

And then today, she evolved into a Hinotamatchi, a teen we haven't gotten before! Hinotamatchi is a fun design, in it's simplicity. I'm guessing we've missed the boat on good-care characters, so it'll be neat to see who we end up with as an adult.

iwi1jm.jpg

Also yesterday, as I was catching up on Apple's care stuff, I pulled out the Angelgotchi. I'd struggled to keep its hearts full since they seem to run out more quickly than the V3's, and had already had to fill them all the way up. So when the twin angels were standing there looking miffed, I just figured the hearts were depleted, but then I couldn't do anything! It did the "dot flying upwards" animation, followed by the Thanks! screen! It was a surprising end for my first Angelgotchi run. I'm glad it seemed to go well, though! I was busy the rest of the day, though, so I didn't reset it just then.

24edz4g.jpg

And then this afternoon after getting back from church, I noticed that the Mini was acting strangely. It was the "falling down with sickness" type thing, so pressing buttons did nothing. It was... kinda weird how long it was like that. I didn't have the sound on, so I don't know if it was making any noise. But the falling down lasted at least like, 10 minutes or longer! And then after that, we get the death screen. The Mini had also lived a long time, a few days longer than the Angel, I think.

2lvcku8.jpg

Bye, you two! It was a good run!

So Apple is the only current living Tama for now. I think I'm going to reset the Angel and the Mini together tomorrow. For the Angel, I'll try for worse care (especially since I got the best-care path out of the gate, it seems) and for the Mini, I'll go for better care! Let's see what happens!

Latest posts

Back