The Database of Fake and Generic Virtual Pets

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No picture, but how about the Q-pet?  The fake TMGC + Color.
That's a really good one. Thanks!

Just a question- I’ve heard of both the Qpet and the Qpet Qolor, but are they the same pet, just under a different name?
As far as I know, "Qpet" was used as a brand for a set of (I think) three generic virtual pets, before the Qpet Qolor existed. It used the same logo, and I presume came from the same manufacturer.

I think these would be a good adition to the database-

bichinho-virtual-tamagotchi-jogo-eletrnico-69-jogos-em-1-D_NQ_NP_315501-MLB20336120412_072015-F.jpg

Name: Rakuraku Dinokun
Type: Fake
Notes: Has the infamous 'Bunny ROM' and it's very common in physical stores. Basically if you go to a random market you'll see these. It has 5 buttons and transparent shell. It is currently available in 4 colors(?). It's a fake to Rakuraku Dinokun/Dinkie Dino.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've heard of the 8-in-1 pet, and almost picked one up on eBay some time ago but then never got around to it.
8-1? Is that an earlier version of the 168-in 1 or just a cheaper less packed virtual pet? Personally never heard of that one! 😮

I knew that the 168-in-1 Bunny ROM has a lot of stolen graphics, but I didn't realise that this was the source of some of them
It’s quite a coincidence- a fake stealing from a fake? 

Once I was messing about on my sisters Digi Pet (That she got from Poundland) scrolling through the sprites to choose from. My best friend was there, and took the device from her hands and started rapidly pressing the “Scroll” button. She landed on a mutant-Kutchipatchi creature, making us crack up. Seriosly, it’s quite hilarious what some companies actually put into there VPets.

I wish I still had a photo of it, but I saw a similar virtual pet to the one in the pen. It was VERY narrow and tall and actually, uh, looked exactly like a pregnancy test. I mean EXACTLY. I'm going to keep my eyes peeled on eBay for it because I couldn't stop laughing when I saw it.

I wish I still had a photo of it, but I saw a similar virtual pet to the one in the pen. It was VERY narrow and tall and actually, uh, looked exactly like a pregnancy test. I mean EXACTLY. I'm going to keep my eyes peeled on eBay for it because I couldn't stop laughing when I saw it.
Maybe an Angel Scope? I’m not quite sure.. was it in Color or anything? If you give us more information it’s more likely that we will find the answer. ;)  

Maybe an Angel Scope? I’m not quite sure.. was it in Color or anything? If you give us more information it’s more likely that we will find the answer. ;)  
Okay, I found it again! The listing claims it's a "Littlest Pet Shop" digital pet, which I had no idea existed. (It's too bad because I loved loved LOVED littlest pet shop as a kid and would've owned ten of these.) I could buy it for about 20 bucks.

So I guess it's not generic, but I have no idea if it's fake or not? I'd just never even heard of a digipet like this. I have no idea how you would work it with no buttons. The shape of it is really awful  :D

m50312577252_2.jpg

@kbutt - This one's a competing product based on a pre-existing license, so it doesn't fall into either the generic or fake categories. However, I have to say, it's the funniest virtual pet/electronic game that I've seen in a very long time (the earlier casing for Aquapets being the last unintentionally hilarious one that I saw), so I just wanted to thank you very much for such a great laugh. :lol:

Who on Earth thought that that casing was a good idea?! :lol:

Okay, I found it again! The listing claims it's a "Littlest Pet Shop" digital pet, which I had no idea existed. (It's too bad because I loved loved LOVED littlest pet shop as a kid and would've owned ten of these.) I could buy it for about 20 bucks.
Yes! I was just about to send that!

So I guess it's not generic, but I have no idea if it's fake or not? 
Hm. Back in 2018? made a post about it being looked down on, and lots of people calling it a fake, even though it was not?

@kbutt - This one's a competing product based on a pre-existing license, so it doesn't fall into either the generic or fake categories. However, I have to say, it's the funniest virtual pet/electronic game that I've seen in a very long time (the earlier casing for Aquapets being the last unintentionally hilarious one that I saw), so I just wanted to thank you very much for such a great laugh. :lol:

Who on Earth thought that that casing was a good idea?! :lol:
I had an Aquapet when I was a kid and my mom ALWAYS side eyed it. I didn't understand why until many years later, bahahaha.  :D

Hm. Back in 2018? made a post about it being looked down on, and lots of people calling it a fake, even though it was not?
I'm seriously tempted to get my hands on it just to try to understand how it works!

I had an Aquapet when I was a kid and my mom ALWAYS side eyed it. I didn't understand why until many years later, bahahaha.  :D
No Wonder- God bless the new design manager of the second wave! :D

Seriosly Though, The Design team just shrugged it off? 

I'm seriously tempted to get my hands on it just to try to understand how it works!
I have one of the original LPS Cat VPets, And it’s probably my least favourite VPet out of my whole collection. It’s jam packed with bugs and glitches, and boring in general. It’s hard to navigate around, and you don’t know how to get out of the train station mode of the time. 😂

I stumbled upon this today and I’m curious what you folks think. I’ve never heard of Tiger making an official giga pet that’s “8-in-1.” The middle button is also very odd looking! Real or fake? 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F352744083068
This is legitimate, and was part of a line called "Giga Pets Plus", which were all multi-pets.

Tamenagerie makes a small mention of it here, along with the others in the range.

This thread is awesome!! I'm quite partial to bootlegs. Here's one I bought from eBay today:

s-l1600.jpg

Name: Nana Moon Maxi
Type: Generic
Notes: Runs on its own ROM entirely.

I'll update this post when I get my hands on it!

This thread is awesome!! I'm quite partial to bootlegs. Here's one I bought from eBay today:

Name: "Cute Elves"
Type: Generic?
Notes: From the pictures and the description, it doesn't seem to be a bunny ROM, but even if it is, the case is unbelievably cute. The name varies from listing to listing, but has "cute elves" in common.

This is a nana moon maxi, it's made by M&D and it runs it's own ROM entirely.

I found this one on ebay, though it will be nice to add it on the list.  :blink:

——————

85-FF34-C2-F455-41-B4-8105-BB9691601277.jpg

Name: "Tamagotchi Connextion BL-Z002”
Type: Fake
Notes: Couldn’t find any information unfortunately, not exactly sure how it functions. However, If you look closer to the screen you will see it’s a bit smaller than what an actual tamagotchi would look like. I double checked the models V1/V2/Plus shells, of course couldn’t find a shell like the one above, so it’s definitely fake. 

Name: "Tamagotchi Connextion BL-Z002”
Type: Fake
Notes: Couldn’t find any information unfortunately, not exactly sure how it functions. However, If you look closer to the screen you will see it’s a bit smaller than what an actual tamagotchi would look like. I double checked the models V1/V2/Plus shells, of course couldn’t find a shell like the one above, so it’s definitely fake. 
Oh wow, that's a really convincing fake. I wonder who manufactures it. I bet it's tricked quite a few people.

Name: Nana Moon Maxi
Type: Generic
Notes: Runs on its own ROM entirely.

I LOVE this. It's really pretty, and the shape of the case is super cute and original. I love the characters, too! Kind of glad to know this one's not a ripoff of some kind. 

Update us when you get it, I would love to see it in action.

SLuXJtE.jpg

LLgznP6.jpg

Code:
Name: Purple Cat Odd Pet
Type: Generic
Notes: Russian 49-in-1 Gyaoppi clone.  This shell is also used to include pets with "Johnny" programming.

Latest posts

Back