The Database of Fake and Generic Virtual Pets

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
THE QPET HAS A NEWEST MODEL! FORGET FAKE TAMA! GENERIC!!
BBs269y.png

Name: Qpet Quolor (Newest model 2020)
Type: Generic/Fake (Fake if you look at older versions)
Notes: Runs on completely new programming and has better pets and is just overall improved. (I can provide additional images) Feels more ToumaPet-ish and has ToumaPet sounds further strenthening the connection between OK and M&D. It even has ToumaPet games!!!!!! I LOVE THIS THING TOO MUCH!!!!!!!
Omg I am so tempted to get this! I am actually waiting on a ToumaPet currently and it should be arriving soon, as it's been a month and the tracking finally updated yesterday.  :kuribotchi:  Looks like it will help me decide if I want to go through with purchasing a Qpet 2020 model but I'm itching to do it. The new sprites look really cute! Have you had any difficulties or issues with glitches?

Apologies if this one has already been mentioned here, but I didn't see it in this thread. I am very unfamiliar with this one aside from one video.

vpet.jpg

Name: Hatchihoni (V-Pet)
Type: Generic?
Notes: It runs in Chinese from what I've seen and it is also listed to buy on one site with V-pet in the title. I'm curious if this is related to the makers of Qpet? The sprite designs are interesting, and it does seem to function a bit similar to modern Tama. I sort of wish the language could be toggled to English to get a better understanding.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eozeda said:
Apologies if this one has already been mentioned here, but I didn't see it in this thread. I am very unfamiliar with this one aside from one video.

View attachment 716

Name: Hatchihoni (V-Pet)
Type: Generic?
Notes: It runs in Chinese from what I've seen and it is also listed to buy on one site with V-pet in the title. I'm curious if this is related to the makers of Qpet? The sprite designs are interesting, and it does seem to function a bit similar to modern Tama. I sort of wish the language could be toggled to English to get a better understanding.
As soon as I saw it I immediately thought of the Dream M!X:

9030-A51-B-65-B2-4946-B306-9-B15304-A4-E8-C.jpg

I found this video for it on YouTube where it was a comparison between the mix, QPet and Hatchihoni. Turns out that it’s a fake Vpet based on Tamagotchi.  :rolleyes:

As soon as I saw it I immediately thought of the Dream M!X:

I found this video for it on YouTube where it was a comparison between the mix, QPet and Hatchihoni. Turns out that it’s a fake Vpet based on Tamagotchi.  :rolleyes:
That's exactly what I thought! The faceplate is a bit awkward looking without anything filling the bow part now that I see them together. 😅 Great find!

@Eozeda, @iTamannadi - I've got to give them points for the "Hatchihoni" name. :lol: That's actually quite good, and it would've been even better for an original virtual pet.
I agree entirely, and I also think it's nice that they changed the design of their buttons to cute stars. I like the effort they put into having original characters. The name is appealing, and I hope they design the gameplay to be more original in any future releases.

NEW QPETS! This time, they're Tamagezi fakes.
They're listed here: https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?SearchText=qpet (I do not get any compensation from usage of this link)

Name: QPet Quolor (colour) 3, Tamagezi shell
Type: Fake OR Generic, depending on how you look at it
Notes: QPet 2.5(?) except with a Tamagezi shell. Functions could be same as the 2.5
Square-Cartoon-Pet-Game-Machine-Virtual-Electronic-Child-Handheld-Pet-Game-Machine-Color-Display-Screen-Kids.jpg_Q90.jpg_.webp

Found this interesting “Tamagotchi” 

ACE47-A25-0-EB0-4443-8-EDE-54-A6-C8342714.jpg

Name: Connectible To Bandai Infrared Tamagotchi (ClipSparkingHeart)

Type: Definitely fake.

Notes: In the description it says that the manufacturer or the company that made it is called Jidan and is located in China. The device is suppose to function as a tamagotchi where you can connect with other devices and the more you connect you will be given a password to earn special gifts. The package includes: laser pen, device lanyard, battery, calculator, clock, bag, pedometer and a watch.

Personal opinion: like I stated before this device is definitely a fake, if you pay attention to the top corner where it says “V4” we all know V4 has an antenna with a ball. Another thing is Bandai doesn’t give extra items with their toys usually especially the old/connection tamagotchis. 

94-E37214-653-E-40-D3-8-DD9-7347-DF167991.jpg

Name: Viruelles Pet Connection Virtual Pet Ver. 6 Yellow LCD Game Tamagotchi ™ Style

Type: Fake.

Notes: Couldn’t find any information for this product, but looking at the packaging you can see it says at the back “V6” but the shell is a V3. The buttons are labelled which never really happens with a real tamagotchi. There are two characters that I’ve never seen before and clearly they are not original tamagotchi characters. 

i am this close to buying a hatchihoni oh my gosh... i love the sprites... or i might grab a qpet. gosh these are so cool...

Okay, I found it again! The listing claims it's a "Littlest Pet Shop" digital pet, which I had no idea existed. (It's too bad because I loved loved LOVED littlest pet shop as a kid and would've owned ten of these.) I could buy it for about 20 bucks.

So I guess it's not generic, but I have no idea if it's fake or not? I'd just never even heard of a digipet like this. I have no idea how you would work it with no buttons. The shape of it is really awful  :D

i had this one growing up!! i think mine was the pink dog one. 

idk if its been talked about already, but the part between the tip of the pen and the cancel button was twistable, and you could use that to scroll through menus. i believe the pet at the top could be pressed and that acted as a button too? though i had it so long ago that i don't remember much about it. i just remember being scared that the ink inside of it would explode and destroy the whole thing. always thought it was interesting how they made a pen into a digital pet 

i am this close to buying a hatchihoni oh my gosh... i love the sprites... or i might grab a qpet. gosh these are so cool...
Lol! Yes, they are such unique sprites!!! I myself keep waltzing over to the dumpster fire of fake pets on Aliexpress to catch sight of another genuine Qpet, still convincing myself to get it... but then I came across this interesting thing?  :eek:

Hd269cd37ca9f4288abb8487b6935ff80q.jpg

H0107a45e6a314b0f9158657fab6eb777s.jpg

Name: Animal Imaginado Ultrarojos Ver. 8
Type: Fake
Notes: It appears to have a Tama V2 background, however the video I found shows it might be a "50 in one" bunny rom type.  <_< I was a bit impressed with the design (sorry if someone has posted this already) and couldn't help but appreciate the extra thought put into the packaging, and the included strap with neat charms. I like the butterfly one! A very convincing effort with the three buttons and recognizable Tama characters, plus the small TMGC logo on the packaging.

yuvQPsu.jpg
Name: Tamaguchi Connection V5

Type: Fake

Notes: I have no idea how this runs, I just came across it on a thrift shopping app and laughed. The packaging and shape is so convincing! It has the V2 background and a V3 shape though. Wat made me laugh was how the name sounds like Tamaguchi. 🤭
6kd7e9v434831.jpg

Latest posts

Back