The goods and bads about a tamagotchi pix

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aqua husky

Reaction score
I don't have a tamagotchi pix yet and I am wondering if it is worth it. So if you have one I am asking you what you like and don't like about your tama. If you are like me and are wondering about that take a look at the comments.

I absolutely love my Tamagotchi Pix. It's definitely my favorite modern Tamagotchi. It has a ton to do so you never get bored. The tamas grow into set characters (which I love) and even get careers.

The only bad things are the buttons are kinda wonky (you get used to it) and on the old models the battery life is really bad (like 2-3 days to change the batteries).

One's tolerance for capacitive touch controls are what makes or breaks the Pix, and I couldn't stand it personally as I have a very low tolerance for insensitive or downright unresponsive touch-controls replacing physical buttons when the buttons are the correct tool for the job. It caused me not to buy the Tamagotchi Smart in spite of having always wanted an official watch version of a Tamagotchi, too, and I probably won't buy any future colour models either, because getting burned once on an extremely expensive virtual pet is more than enough for me.

That said, as @KuchipatchiPod notes, the Pix offers a lot of content. I'd also add that there are some really fun ideas in there, and that some of the faceplates are pretty nice too (though I still prefer the ones seen in the prototypes, myself :tongue:). I would strongly suggest trying to find a store that has a demo unit that you can try out before committing to it, however.

I was on the fence about the Pix for a while too. Then I was able to get one inexpensively to try it out, and I liked it! I had read a lot about the battery issues and button issues, but in the end neither have been a problem for me.

I like that the Pix has a set character lineup. I get too in love with the characters made on my Tamagotchi On which has gene mixing; I want to keep them rather than marry them off. Whereas on the Pix I know I can get the same character later on so it is easy to let them go.

Which version are you thinking of getting?

One's tolerance for capacitive touch controls are what makes or breaks the Pix, and I couldn't stand it personally as I have a very low tolerance for insensitive or downright unresponsive touch-controls replacing physical buttons when the buttons are the correct tool for the job. It caused me not to buy the Tamagotchi Smart in spite of having always wanted an official watch version of a Tamagotchi, too, and I probably won't buy any future colour models either, because getting burned once on an extremely expensive virtual pet is more than enough for me.

The Smart isn't nearly as bad as the Pix where the touch controls are concerned, but they're still a little wonky so I don't blame you for skipping it. I have trouble swiping sometimes and it registers a touch instead lol. A shame they turned you off on the whole color generation, but I agree the price point is pretty steep when you can get an enjoyable p1 or p2 for a fraction of the cost.

A shame they turned you off on the whole color generation, but I agree the price point is pretty steep when you can get an enjoyable p1 or p2 for a fraction of the cost.
Exactly! And you know how big of a fan I am of the classics. :biggrin:

That said, I did enjoy the Meets (I imported mine from Japan at launch, and it turned out that the On never made it to the UK anyway, so that worked out well for me), so at least I do have one colour version that I like. ;))

Latest posts

Back