The Pierce Philosophy

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello again!

After writing a separate post detailing my experience with my new Tamagotchi Pierce (2012 model); I decided to continue it as a log. It’s more descriptive as well as storytelling as it goes along.

Each post won't normally be this long, I have saved this as a Word Document and was yet to upload it all.

[SIZE=15pt]Entry 1 [/SIZE]
My snow white Pierce arrive in the mail. (What I call Tamagotchi P’s. The Pierces will be called Deco Pierces.)

I was surprised that the box was smaller than the P1 & 2 of 1997, yet the Tamagotchi itself is a lovely, comfortable size. It fits nicely in my hand. It is just as pretty up close as I was expecting.

There is an IR device heading my way for the English patch, but for now I was navigating blind. Blind I say!

I just randomly selected my answers (I later learn that the initial start up questions are regarding resetting or reloading after changing the batteries.) and then set the day & time. I looked up some Hiragana so I could input my name.
I used this blog as an excellent rough guide:
https://pyrotarukia.t...gotchi-ps-guide
https://pyrotarukia.tumblr.com/tamagotchi-ps-guide
At first I was worried about all the options, the small size of the screen in comparison to my poor eyesight & the amount of features. However after a day my eyes quickly adjusted and there was no problem.

[SIZE=15pt]A small pink girl creature was born! [/SIZE]

[SIZE=15pt]
I figured out all the basics, like how to feed her some rice. I thought the other option was soy beans, but it turns out it was a bowl of sweets. Brown sweets. Brown sweets that look like meatballs or soy beans.
[/SIZE]

She seemed to love being bathed, so I bathed her a few times in the day.

I didn't understand a lot of what was happening, and as a baby most of the options are unavailable. So at first I admit to being slightly worried I just bought a super-pretty, colourful version of essentially the same old thing as the original.

It went and stood in the rain with a smiling face and got itself sick to the power of two skulls! She seemed so happy the little weirdo!
Or am I the weirdo who accidentally pressed a button to send her standing outside in the pouring rain??

I remembered from You Tube videos the little clover was the medicine button. She recovered easily, just like the older versions.

I have since learned that the rain had nothing to do with her getting sick. The rain is just a feature of the changing weather and does not impact health.

After having fun playing the two mini games & becoming familiar with the basic operation she turned into a child! She is a white fluffy girl with rosy cheek! Exceptionally cute!
It was raining outside of her house and she fell asleep with the light on.
I missed switching the light out. I searched all of the menus trying to find a way to turn it out, Googled it and had to accept that I now had a girl pet-creature-or friend? who goes to the toilet on the ground, but can tuck herself into bed... and attend arcades...
Oh well, she is adorable nevertheless.

She slept with the raining soothing her sleep.

[SIZE=15pt]Entry 2 [/SIZE]

With more games and options opening up, I could see this was definitely the right choice. I love my Tamagotchi Pierce already!

My interpretation of the two mini games is one is jump-rope, and the other is a version of a classic game before my time (that has been re-invented a few times) called "Fire"
https://www.mariowiki..._(Game_&_Watch)
https://www.mariowiki.com/Fire_(Game_&_Watch)
Instead of catching people you catch rice balls and browns sweets. Sometimes they turn into stars for reasons I don't understand.
An anthropomorphic brown blob appears. I don't know if it is helping or hindering you. It seems to be either throwing candy Donkey-Kong style, or eating the candy.
I was later informed by a kindly member of this forum that he appears on level 3, and his purpose is to obscure your view to make the game harder.

**Writing this brought up an unrelated struggle I have with "unsure statements" people have in conversational English.** (Please forgive my horrible grammar.)**
https://www.grammarbo...tion/qMarks.asphttps://www.grammarbook.com/punctuation/qMarks.asp

· She (name of white creature with pink cheeks is unknown) ate at the Cafeteria

· plays the mini games many times

· has more baths

· Is "painted" 3 different colours. (Very cute!)

· Goes to the park-speaks with some other Tamagotchis as well as a Tamagotchi pet.

· Has a walk outside and catches a flying piece of paper I am awesome enough (check the modesty! ;P ) to work out is some sort of advertisement for the arcade.
I go and check it out & see my assumption was correct! She earns lots of Gotchi-points whilst playing!

I bought her a pink plushie, vacuum, (wow...what a thoughtful gift!), and try to save for a movie thingy. (Clapperboard) None of the gifts appear in the house or in what I thought was the Toy-Box. When I press the C button accidently I notice she looks into a mirror and hearts appear. So I decide that must mean she wants a mirror.
I later learn that the animations that appear when you press the C button have nothing to do with their desires. It isn’t The Sims or Tomodatchi Life.

When I buy her a mirror it doesn't seem to change anything. I realize this is the extent of my comprehension without an English-Patch or looking through these forums.

At first I have no idea if the splodges underneath the hunger bar are for her happiness? Or why nothing she eats, visits or buys seem to make her happy?
Is this Tamagotchi depression? (*jokes!*)
I later discover that the splodges are the puzzles pieces, and there is a very nifty feature where you discover their favourite things. Each character has four favourite things, and every time you discover one you find a puzzle piece. As you collect each piece of the puzzle (to their heart...at least I like to think of it that way) your Tamagotchi gets an extension to their capacity for happiness.

I feel like this aspect of self-discovery is actually quite accidentally philosophical, and I’ll write about that if anyone bothers to read through this and asks me to. I’ll add an entry about it.
I spend the rest of the day feeding her, cleaning her, and only playing the mini games are eating to keep the weight low.

I wonder: Is the symbol next to the splodges a mirror or a tennis-racquet? Is she vain or sporty? Or sporty-vain? Vainster?
I later learn about the personality types, and through some translations. It turns out there are charismatic and fashionable personalities.
The sporty personality is actually represented with a muscular arm.

After seeing all I could see with my limited knowledge and Yumemiru Ribbon Pierce coming in the mail she falls asleep. I reach the end of my travels alone, and now it's time to head to the "help for new owners" section to figure the rest out!

I wish you all a lovely time on your Tamagotchi adventure! Thank you for reading this!
[SIZE=15pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=15pt]Entry 3[/SIZE]

[SIZE=15pt]My experience with [/SIZE][SIZE=16pt]Kiraritchi[/SIZE] [SIZE=15pt]and the hapless owner continued! [/SIZE][SIZE=15pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=15pt]So I thought it would be amusing to continue writing about my experience before I look up some answers!

I found 3 of her puzzle pieces by myself. I liked how they correlated to her personality. I found it pretty easy to guess what they were. I realize saying that would be a spoiler alert, and I know how that feels (so I won't say what they were). I was reading up about the P's and accidentally stumbled across the 4th one in a guide.
[/SIZE]

I felt happy when she had all the pieces, and felt like she could finally date. I had decided that I didn't want her dating until she knew what made her happy!

Another door destination opened up. I'm going to describe what it was like for someone who doesn't understand what is going on-I will look it up later!

I entered a cute little forest with smiling trees. Kiraritchi was eaten by a tree. Rainbow smoke appeared to cover up the crime with music and visual distractions. Kiraritchi was transported to science lab and greeted by a man in mask. It was the same man who greets you at the dream school. He spoke to her in Japanese, never taking off his bizarre mask. Nothing was done in the science lab. Kiraritchi is transported back home. She is unharmed, but confused!

Kiraritchi wonders if she will ever go back to the strange forest again, and if there is a point. She asked me to look it up, so I will. After looking it up I don’t get a lot of info. It seems like it might have been the Eco Forrest and Laboratory, and from what I read it seems like there are a lot of criteria to get into this area that I don’t quite understand. So I back away slowly for now.

I am debating whether Mametchi or Righttchi is the best match for my little Kiraritchi. Perhaps Righttchi because Mametchi seems like a match for Lovelitchi. I later discover Knighttchi, and think he would be a lovely match.

Her diary has three entries. She drew pictures at the day-care, sung at the dream school and seemed to do a good job of cooking too!

I check outside often hoping for another discount flyer to drop down so I can play at the arcade. I want to be able to afford the Tama Reform. I have all the puzzle pieces, I've tried most of the food (except for the stuff on the wagon, I'm always broke/already full when it shows up) and tools. The only things left to buy are the clothes and new homes.

Kiraritchi wants a pet and to start dating. She is tired of being alone, and wants to explore the world! I agreed, but said she better get skipping. For some reason my girl, if you skip all day you will get money, and then you can spend it in the big world out there.

So she went skipping in a Tiara.

Hello! :)

I can see that so far this log has 20 views, 0 replies! :(

The 5th entry has a LOT of pictures! Hopefully you will like them at least. :)

Entry 4

[SIZE=15pt]Entry 4[/SIZE]

After some very serious real-life issues happening over the past week I am surprised my Kiraritchi was doing so well. This “morning” I woke up at midday only to find my alarm didn’t go off, and I had slept in. To be honest I’m glad that I got to catch up on some sleep. I needed a day off from all the stress.

Kiraritchi had her bags packed and my heart pained to see her ready to leave. I feel like I had only just gotten to know her properly. I only yesterday that I had found the final piece to the puzzle that was her happiness.

I tried pressing everything, and was disappointed that I had worked so hard only to have her leave without even having the chance to see her marry and have kids.

Finally I gave her some sympathy with the magical clover. To my amazement the puzzle pieces sang and did some kind of spell that changed her mind!

Kiraritchi decided to stay! I felt so relieved.

I decided that with everything going on it was likely that I would end up accidently neglecting her again, and this time the clover might now work.

So I took her straight to the matchmaker to see if Mametchi, Righttchi or Knighttchi was available to marry.

Mametchi showed up, and I thought that he was one of the best male characters, and judging from the anime he is kind, thoughtful, and highly intelligent!
I suppose that would have to do for my Kiraritchi!

They were married, and I said goodbye to my beautiful Kiraritchi. She left me to look after her baby as she went off to explore the world with her husband Mametchi. She was too young to be a full-time mother anyway.

She had studies to complete, and so many classes yet to try at the Dream School. Kiraritchi has a wonderful singing voice and I’m sure she will achieve her ultimate dream to become a pop-idol!

GOOD-LUCK Kiraritchi! Make sure to visit every now and then!

Pierce_Log_1.jpg

Pierce_Log_2.jpg

[SIZE=15pt]Extra points for a costume change! She loves the Tiara, but I love the pink bow. [/SIZE][SIZE=15pt]J[/SIZE]

Pierce_Log_3.jpg

Pierce_Log_4.jpg

Pierce_Log_5.jpg

Her baby was a little blue boy!

This time I was able to save Gotchi Points by feeding him rice. I already explored the other food options, so it felt good to save money while I could. I find it a little bit ridiculous that the adult Tamas take so much offense at the idea of occasionally eating a bowl of rice.

Just like previous versions and from what I hear the new M!X, the adults hate eating the free food. (Except the candy of course)

I enjoyed playing with this baby a lot, and it was nice that I got to keep the Gotchi Points and toys/tools from Kiraritchi. This means I will soon own everything from the Tama Depo, and can focus on the clothes and house upgrades. (Gotchi Reform)

1. My own gripes with the Pierce (Tamagotchi P’s) so far are:
That there are only two mini games where you can collect Gotchi Points. There are jobs you can get as an adult, but besides that the device is packed with features and things to do-but not enough mini games to add variety when you are trying to save up funds/G.P to do said activities/buy things.

2. That the adult characters won’t settle for rice when you are broke or trying to save up for something even better than fancy food. Do they want that remote control robot or what?

3. Once you find all the puzzle pieces the happiness bar is so large the Tama is not nearly needy enough. It also doesn’t beep enough when it actually needs something. I would like a Tama to beep at me more and give me things to do with it besides two mini games. In some ways it’s too easy.

4. “Pause” is replaced with Day-care/School/Work. On the surface this seems preferable, however the irony is you have to put them in there at the right times and you can’t pause the night before when you know you are going to sleep in and miss the correct times.

It’s too easy to get perfect care characters. Unless some crisis comes up or you have a weird sleeping pattern like me, you can put them in day-care/school/work while you are out and they take a while for the metres to drain anyway.

My little baby turned into a turtle! Kiraritchi! How did you and Mametchi manage to have a turtle?

[SIZE=15pt]I decided to love the adorable (yet confusing and suspicious origins) turtle despite expecting something more human-looking.[/SIZE]
I guess Kiraritchi was a walking mushroom at one point, so whatever this is growing up to be can enjoy his time as a turtle.
Pierce_Log_6.jpg

I don't know how many pictures you can post per entry. I'm going to break the entries up rather than risk losing my work. Adding pictures is laborious.

[SIZE=15pt]I fill up all his stats and his personality changes all the time. Mirror-Bicep-Gourmet-Intelligent Pencil-Shooting Stars-Pencil.
He falls asleep as a perfectly cared for turtle with an I.Q. of 145.
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=15pt] I love him, but I still miss Kiraritchi...I still have the song that plays while she runs away from ninjas in the movie she made with her clapperboard stuck in my head.[/SIZE]

I only started taking pictures after Kiraritchi left as I find it a bit tiring and it takes me out of the moment. (Just like in real life) but I am happy to have photos as the changes and events are so cute!
I hope you will still enjoy my log despite the lack of pictures. (compared to other logs)
This site is a little tedious when it comes to picture uploading as I have to host them somewhere else first, then link them here. Don’t forget cropping and re-sizing. The text alone is a passion project, and anything else feels like a stretch of energy.
L *exhausting*

[SIZE=15pt]Entry 5[/SIZE]

There is already a great log on the M!X (inspiring me to order a M!X last night!) And on the Tamagotchi + Colour.[SIZE=15pt][/SIZE]

I haven’t seen a log like this (storytelling + photos) on the Pierce so I decided to put a bit more into it! :)

My little turtle evolved into this blue space necklace wearing dude! I shall call the necklace “Saturn”

Pierce_Log_7.jpg

He reminds me of Julian from Animal Crossing somehow. (Julian was a sassy blue unicorn in a Nintendo game about talking animals that you could befriend on the DS.)
Pierce_Log_8.jpg

[SIZE=15pt]I went on an arcade spree after finally finding the flyer. I was anxious about some things today, so I got some thinking done while skipping. It’s repetitive enough to be meditative.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=15pt][/SIZE]

Pierce_Log_9.jpg

Spacey Blue (my nickname for him until I look up who he is!) has a delicious bento box with his mother Kiraritchi at the Cafe. He is smiling because she visits often and shares the caring responsibilities with me while she pursues her idol career. Spacey Blue never felt abandoned and is a very intelligent child. He knows he is loved and well cared for. His mother is very proud of his progress.

Pierce_Log_10.jpg

[SIZE=15pt]Then some chocolate that I used to think was a packet of squid-ink pasta...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=15pt]
Pierce_Log_11.jpg
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=15pt]I go to the Gotchi Reform. I don’t really understand all the options, but as a nature lover I want to see what happens if I pick out something with trees.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=15pt]
Pierce_Log_12.jpg
[/SIZE]

I have a lot of content after this, and just spent a fair bit of time linking all the images only to have it say I'm over the limit! :( I guess it helps me stagger my content...

I hope this is enough to lift my game for now! :) ha-ha!

Thank you :)

[SIZE=15pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=15pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=15pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=15pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=15pt][/SIZE]

Entry 5.5!

[SIZE=15pt]The grumpy carpenter from the Dream-School series appears. I remember Mametchi staying with him in the countryside. I haven’t watched it all yet. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=15pt][/SIZE]

Pierce_Log_13.jpg

[SIZE=15pt]I think the original room looked better, but I love the trees and open space. I like the change.
Next time I think I’ll get a preview! (I most likely won't because I like surprises!--ah! indecision!)
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=15pt]
Pierce_Log_14.jpg
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=15pt]More mysteries occurred behind the rainbow clouds.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=15pt]
Pierce_Log_15.jpg
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=15pt]I bought all of the things I didn’t own with Kiraritchi from the TamaDepa.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=15pt][/SIZE]

Pierce_Log_16.jpg

[SIZE=15pt]My last purchases were the mystery box (below) and the make-up.
I think the Deco Pierces offer extra times, and perhaps you can unlock more with time.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=15pt]There is no rush as soon there will be heaps of clothes and accessories to collect.[/SIZE]

Pierce_Log_17.jpg

Pierce_Log_18.jpg

Entry 5.5! continued! (image limits)

[SIZE=15pt]These were my favourite events of the day:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=15pt][/SIZE]

Pierce_Log_19.jpg

[SIZE=15pt]...and this unexpected use for lipstick![/SIZE]

Pierce_Log_20.jpg

Pierce_Log_21.jpg
Pierce_Log_22.jpg

[SIZE=15pt]I always choose the first option (toys/tools) because one of them sells the item. Does anyone know what this screen (left) actually says?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=15pt]The P’s can connect to a few other colour Tamas. However I am “Temporarily Alone” (In your face “Forever Alone” meme!) and am awaiting two Tamas in the mail. One being a Princess Spacey iD L, I hope connects with my Tamagotchi P.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=15pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=15pt]
Pierce_Log_23.jpg
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=15pt]Spacey Blue, not so blue today. (I looked him up-turns out his official name is- Cosmotchi!)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=15pt]
Pierce_Log_24.jpg
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=15pt]So when the energy for it I’ll figure out my new Ciao Deco Pierce! ( a couple more have come in the mail since writing this up!)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=15pt]Does anyone know what the consensus is on used Deco Pierces? I have a couple of new ones, but I saw some used ones selling with used P’s, and I was wondering if they could link to my own?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=15pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=15pt]
Pierce_Log_25.jpg
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=15pt]After the spending spree...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=15pt]Well I hope you enjoyed that. I think I’ll have less photos next time as I said before it was an effort to get them all up here![/SIZE]

[SIZE=15pt]This picture says it all! :) [/SIZE]
[SIZE=15pt]Please feel free to leave positive comments, questions or constructive critique. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=15pt]Random, pointless insults and negativity are not welcome![/SIZE]

[SIZE=15pt] :huh: [/SIZE][SIZE=15pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=15pt]Have a guess at which character he is going to end up next! :huh: [/SIZE]

[SIZE=15pt]
Pierce_Log_26.jpg
[/SIZE]

Pierce_Log_21.jpg
Pierce_Log_22.jpg

[SIZE=15pt]I always choose the first option (toys/tools) because one of them sells the item. Does anyone know what this screen (left) actually says?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=15pt]Does anyone know what the consensus is on used Deco Pierces? I have a couple of new ones, but I saw some used ones selling with used P’s, and I was wondering if they could link to my own?[/SIZE]

Sorry, I realise you have restarted this log, but I thought it best to answer these questions here.

1) The screen on the left says 'Use?' followed by the options 'Yes', 'No' and 'Erase' (or 'tsukai?', 'hai', 'iie' and 'kesu', I believe).

2) I have a couple of used Deco Pierces. For the most part they work; you can unlink them from their original P's and link them to your own. When you try to connect you'll be prompted with something along the lines of 'this pierce is already linked to X, do you want to link? Yes/No' and 'Are you sure? Yes/No'. If you're working in Japanese, 'yes/hai' always seems to be the top option and 'no/iie' is the one after it. Both of my MelodyLand pierces, my two Royal Change! pierces and my Miracrise have all been second hand and linked up fine (don't ask why I have duplicates). However, I did buy a second hand Love & Melody pierce that I could not get to link for love nor money (melody?). Every time I tried it said 'fail' when I attempted to link it and I must have tried thirty or forty times. Apparently if this issue does occur you can reset your Tama, which may resolve the issue. I wasn't prepared to reset mine, so I gave the pierce to my friend and bought it again brand new. Where possible, I'd probably err on the side of caution and buy brand new, but some pierces are just too expensive to do that and, if you can find them at bargain prices, the second hand pierces can be worth it.

Latest posts

Back