The Rules

Help Support TamaTalk:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bell Sprout

TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi
Reaction score
TamaTalk is a family friendly community forum home to tamagotchi lovers from all walks of life and all ages.

In order that your experiences, and that of those other members, remains a positive and pleasant one, please take a moment to read these tips, rules and regulations.

After you have read these you will know how best to approach posting, replying, chatting and all the other functions available to you here at TamaTalk.

If you have any questons, please feel free to contact a TamaTalk Guide (moderator) and we shall do our very best to help you out but generally, please keep all interactions family friendly and suitable for all ages!

TamaTalk Rules and Regulations - Version 4.5(!)

POSTING

1. All posts are to be concise, friendly, respectful and with the intention of positive contribution towards TamaTalk.
That means NO swearing, flaming, shaming, fighting, SPAM, pot stirring, begging, dramatic attention seeking or discussion of anything illegal!

2. All posts are to be legible in a good size font (i.e. not too small or too big or in an overbearing colour that makes the post difficult for some to read)

3. Posts are to be made only once

3.1 Any one topic needs only to be posted in one place (if it is posted in the wrong place, a Guide will move it if you let us know!)

3.2 New topics should NOT be a repeat of a topic that is currently active

3.3 Posting "sorry if this is copying" in the thread or topic description does not exempt you from the rules! Make sure you check that your intended topic is not a repeat by using the search function. Doing this will prevent fights about copying and also will prevent your topic being deleted without notice !

3.4 Don't "double post"! You can use the "Edit" button to make changes to your post for up to 24hrs after the reply was made. Posting "sorry for double posting" in the reply does not exempt you from the rules!

4. Advertising of personal sites/forums/chatrooms/other is not allowed

See: No Personal Website Advertisements , PLEASE READ

5. "Come to me for help" topics are not allowed

See: "Come to me for answers!" - Topic Ban , Please read

6. TamaTalk is not a dating service, there will be no member matchmaking threads

7. Do not "bump" your own topics in order to bring them back into view.
Do not "bump" old topics either. Create a new thread instead

See: How to: Recognise and Avoid Topic Bumping

8. Personal information that may potentially reveal your identity or location of you or another person is NOT to be posted. (e.g. home address, telephone number, full name)

See: How to: Keep Safe on TamaTalk

9. All members initiated contests, roleplays and groups must be open to all members of TamaTalk. No exclusion allowed. (Group Hatchings excepted - hatches can be divided by tamagotchi version or type only)

See: BANNED TOPICS & POSTS , Please do not post these... and This post by Admin

10. Please no thread about death, dying, cancer, suicide etc. We do care but TamaTalk is not the place to post them.

Also see: BANNED TOPICS & POSTS , Please do not post these...

11. "Talk about anything here" threads are not allowed - that's why we have chat and the PM system

12. Please do not create threads requesting passwords for a particular username!

See: V3 Passwords from TamaTown , don't post any more of them

13. Public shaming is unacceptable - do not make posts about another member. If you are having problems, please contact Admin or a Guide via PM to address the issue.

See: BANNED TOPICS & POSTS , Please do not post these...

14. All links that are not of a personal nature need to be appropriate for all ages - that also means no pranks!

15. No posts requesting to become, discussing who should be come or asking how to become a Guide.

See: How to: Become a TamaGuide

16. Please check you are posting in the right section BEFORE you create a new thread/poll!

17. No chain letter threads!

18. Attention seeking drama posts (e.g. Do you like me? Am I stupid? I have no friends!) are not acceptable and will be removed

ACCOUNT NAMES / USER NAMES / SIDE ACCOUNTS

There’s no rule against creating more than one account (user) name on Tama Talk BUT:

• do not make more than one account name and use it to pretend to be a completely different member. (This kind of behaviour is deceitful, it is like lying to others and is not appropriate).
  • do not create a new name just to avoid lost posting privileges or other restrictions on your account. (This includes new names made to try to re-gain access to the forums or TamaCHAT).
Users found who break this rule may have one or all accounts suspended.

SPECIAL SEGMENTS

1. Tamagotchi Logs forum - follow the posting guidelines in COMMENTS OK logs and respect the NO COMMENTS log tags - do not reply in logs marked NO COMMENTS if you are not the author.

See: COMMENTS OK or NO COMMENTS guidelines

For Tamagotchi Logs/Diaries Only! , Do not reply or post if not your thread!

2. Attention seeking threads posted in Departures (i.e. Noone likes/listens/cares/etc to/about me) are not acceptable and will not be approved

See: TamaTalk Departures Rules , Please read before posting.

3. Do not use any part of the TamaTalk site for buying, selling or trading items with other members.

The main tbay forums for buying, selling and trading have been closed. We cannot offer TamaTalkers the security and protection against fraudsters and scammers who steal from our members. (The feedback sub-forum is available to "read-only" as a courtesy to allow members to look at historical feedback information).

If you want to trade, sell or buy, please use other sites to do so, not TamaTalk.

See: (part 5 of BANNED TOPICS & POSTS, please do not post these..)

4. Only questions that are related to tamagotchi should be posted in What's On Your Mind and What Happened to My Tamagotchi. The help segments are not the place to post information - please use Tamagotchi Tips and Tricks Instead

See: What Happened to my Tamagotchi? , Rules and Regulations or Help for New Tamagotchi Pet Owners , Rules and Regulations

5. No questions are to be posted in Tamagotchi Codes, Tamagotchi Tips and Tricks, Comments and Rumours and Group Hatchings

6. All rumours need to be substantiated (you are required to post a link to the source of the rumour - "my friend said" is not good enough)

7. Role Plays: TamaTalk is a community forum open to members of all ages and all Role Play should be “family friendly”.

See: All Role Play Topics - Keep it APPROPRIATE

8. Adoption centres are only to be posted in Fun Stuff.

See: Topics For Fun Stuff , What topics should go in Fun Stuff

9. All competitions are to be posted in Fun stuff AFTER being checked and authorised by a Guide

See: Competitions - Approval COMPULSORY, Please read for full details!

OTHER

1. Backseat moderation is a form of SPAM - don't do it!

See: What is SPAM? TamaTalk Users Guide to SPAM

2. Telling backseat moderators that they are backseat moderators effectively makes you a backseat moderator - don't do it!

3. All signatures are to be concise, friendly and respectful (i.e. NO swearing, flaming, shaming, prank or inappropriate words or links)

4. All signatures are to be in a legible font of an appropriate size (i.e. not too big or too small and in a colour that can be read)

5. The PM system is to be used responsibly - it should not be used to harrass, flame, abuse or SPAM other members.

6. Members may not create accounts with names similar to Admin or other current staff and may not use an avatar that depicts a TamaTalk logo, Tamatalk staff badge / staff avatar or Tamatalk Angelgotchi / Lifetime Angelgotchi badge.
Attempts to do so may result in removal of the account.

7. Remember to empty your PM box! If your box is full then no one can contact you!

See: Group members PM boxes. *Reminder* , Keep them clean.

TAMACHAT

*UPDATE SEPT 2016: TamaCHAT closed: https://www.tamatalk.com/IB/topic/193806-farewell-to-tamachat/?p=3337124

TamaTalk Site Rules also apply in TamaCHAT - it's not a separate site with separate rules.

1. All interactions need to be concise, friendly, respectful and appropriate (i.e. NO swearing, flaming, shaming, fighting, flooding, SPAM, dramatic attention seeking or discussion of anything inappropriate or illegal)

2. No advertising of personal sites/forums/chatrooms/other is allowed

See: No Personal Website Advertisements , PLEASE READ

3. All links that are not of a personal nature need to be appropriate for members of all ages

4. Guide decisions are final and are to be respected - they are doing their job.

They never edit / ban / restrict posting "for no reason". It's because a site rules has been broken.

If you really have no clue as to why your post has been moderated please take a moment to PM one of the Guides to ask ;)

Rules and regulations are subject to updates and change with out notice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.