The V2 Tamagotchi without an official artwork

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mulliganaceous

Reaction score
Tamagotchi V2 and V3 are known for having some very little-known Tamagotchi, with V2 in particular having very poorly-detailed character outlines for at least five of the tamagotchis and a lack of a modern artwork. Though many Tamagotchi editions have characters exclusive to one version, almost all of them still receive recognition and at least a minimal description. The couple of V2 and V3 characters receive almost no such description, with some of them lacking an artwork altogether.

Another thing about the lesser-known V2 characters are that many of them are V1 debug characters. There are ten V1 debug characters in total (discounting Deka guests); four of them come from Osutchi/Mesutchi, and the remaining six are completely new creations. Many other V2 characters from P1/P2 sources did not receive a modern artwork at that time. The inclusion to V2 is probably a last-second decision, not to mention V2 is international-exclusive.

Lesser-known V2 characters
There are ten V2 characters from V1 debug sources.

Osu/Mesu Teens
It can be noted both are programmed as Adults on V1, and also have larger sprites compared to the remaining eight (all from V1 or Keitai). Neither have modern artworks since the V2 release.
  • UFOtchi
    • Tier 1 Odd
    • Looks larger than its Mesutchi incarnation, which is also adult-sized (like all other Osu/Mesu teens)
    • Received a child-sized sprite and a modern artwork for V4.5
  • Propellertchi
    • Tier 2 Even
    • Classified as an Adult
    • Did not receive a modern artwork as of now
Osu/Mesu Adults
V2 featured an assorted set of Osu/Mesu adults to its roster, with not very strong correlation between the care level on Osu/Mesu and on V2. The six adult Osu/Mesu characters on V2 are follows: Pyonchitchi (perfect care on both), Kiwitchi (2nd best TMP1 adult on Osu, Tier 5 Odd on V2), ChoHimetchi (present in debug), Marumimitchi (present in debug), Kabutchi (TMP3 Osu adult, Tier 3 Even on V2), Hiratchi (TMP2 Tsubu Osu Adult, Tier 5 Even on V2).
  • Marumimitchi
    • Tier 1 Even
    • TMP2 Tele Osu Adult
  • Chohimetchi
    • Tier 1 Even
    • Last Mesu adult

The "Lost" Characters
The remaining six are original to the V1 as debug characters. Interestingly, Violetchi belongs here, even though they are now a well-known Tamagotchi. The remaining 5 received very little coverage, not even having an official artwork!
  • Violetchi
    • Tier 1 Odd
    • Was once named "Korotchi", then "Leaftchi", before finally settling with "Violetchi" according to the official growth chart.
    • Violetchi received its pink artwork since Keitai, which predates the V2.
    • Only "Lost" character that became well-known and featured in subsequent games, let alone receiving an official artwork
  • Toratchi
    • Tier 2 Even
    • I googled up "Toratchi" and found an artwork that allegedly featured this character in modern style.
  • Butterflytchi
    • Tier 3 Even
    • Hoshi de Hakken!! Tamagotchi featured a Butterflytchi
  • Kaerutchi
    • Tier 4 Odd
    • Was even commented as "the rare Tamagotchi"
  • Flowertchi
    • Tier 4 Even
    • Was confused with Violetchi
  • Whaletchi
    • Tier 5 Odd
    • I saw this character frequently on the V2. In my experience, the vast majority of adults I saw are Tier 5 Odd adults.
I am wondering, why didn't Bandai provide any details about these characters? Are they 'relegated' in some ways, and decided to add them to V2 just as filler?

Attachments

• toratchi.png
    toratchi.png
    109.4 KB · Views: 7

Latest posts

Back