Thoughts on the 4U?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Miau

TamaTalk Supporter
TamaTalk Angelgotchi
Reaction score
I don't have any sort of NFC compatible device so I'm not sure I'd be able to download any content without selling a kidney to buy a compatible device. I'm not sure about the touch cards either, I'd like to know about what sort of features/characters you can get from them? I loved the ID and the IDL but I haven't gotten my hands on a P's yet, but it looks great! I've been sceptical about the 4U though, so I'd love everyone to list pros and cons! and I'm curious about the app too. (I'm not sure how it works at all or now to get it)

Anything is appreciated! Thanks everyone!

~Miau :wub:

Hello!!

I am fortunate to own all the colored screen tamagotchi, so I guess I will give this a go?

When I first got my 4u, I reallyyyy loved it. I can dress up the toddlers and they are so so cute. And then I can teach them skills as well so I don't have to clean up poo and bathe them every now and then... But the "hype" died down after a while for me. Things started to get boring, and because I don't have a compatible device, the content is SO limited. And I really hate going to the school multiple times to get certain skills? I need to go to the destination for like 30 times to obtain all the skills. I am like "when will this be done?!?!?!?!".

Things got better after I found out that my mum's phone was a compatible device. Unfortunately, connecting to the app was a absolute torture. You have to hold the tamagotchi and the phone at a very specific place, and any movement might cause you to lose the connection. And it drains the battery VERY VERY fast. I remember changing batteries at least 3 times just to send like, maybe 20 items over? Yes it was that bad.

To sum up, it's not a bad tamagotchi, but I wish they didn't come up with NFC. Infrared was so much easier and convenient. I will go for a P's if I were you.

Yeah, that's what I was figuring, that's a shame :( I was worried about the app though, I hear it cycles out items/characters so that means I wouldn't be able to get them, correct?

Apart from the paid characters, everythings available on Mr. Blinkys English app. Only a few things removed from the official app as it is though.

But I'd agree that without access to the app then the 4u is very limited in comparison to the P's.

I find the P's to be a tamagotchi ID l just that you buy pierces to add more stuff to it

The tamagotchi 4U is like the tamagotchi + color, just that it has a but more stuff.

I would go with a tamagotchi 4U since it is much easier to have or buy a NFC device than an IRDA. But thats my opinion

Iove my tamagotchi 4U sincs i have access to the stuff on the tamagotchi english 4U app. It isnt so "kawaii" and pastel as the tamagotchi P's. The tamagotchi 4U is very gender neutral thats the thing i enjoy. The 2 built in games are not to overwhelming but they are okay. I still haven't got the hang of it on how to get the skills for my tamagotchi 4U i dont understand how all of that works. But they did make the tamagotchi 4U so much easier to obtain the happy symbols for every character Overall without the extra continent with the app it is basically a tamagotchi + color. So if you want something simple and minimalistic id go for the 4U

It's adorable! It has some cute animations, fun games, and cool post-adult forms, but... I think it could use a lot more built-in content.

I guess I'll wait it out on the 4U, I'll be getting a P's instead! The 4U might not be for me, but that's ok!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back