US Tamagotchi ON App shutting down in August

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so sad. This is one of the main reasons why I bought an ON in the first place. :(
Never make a mobile application a buying-point for a device - there is only one guarantee with mobile apps, and that is that they WILL close down, because the entire point of them is to encourage you to feel dependent on them and then move on to the next thing once they go.

No God please no no nooooooooooo😠
Honest question: Did you put as much effort into contacting the company about this and stating your case, as into yelling about it on the internet? If not, then this "Oh god no!" stuff is completely invalid.

An unofficial app is already out for Android, but it’s a pirated version of the official app (and thus won’t be on iOS). I hope for a more legitimate unofficial app in the future.
This makes me very concerned - there's a lot of potential for security problems with this sort of thing...

Never make a mobile application a buying-point for a device - there is only one guarantee with mobile apps, and that is that they WILL close down, because the entire point of them is to encourage you to feel dependent on them and then move on to the next thing once they go.

Honest question: Did you put as much effort into contacting the company about this and stating your case, as into yelling about it on the internet? If not, then this "Oh god no!" stuff is completely invalid.

This makes me very concerned - there's a lot of potential for security problems with this sort of thing...
Agreed…

I do still really love my ON, and will continue to use it! I did choose it over the smart at first because of the app, which I thought was cool, but I'm so glad I have my ON now even when I don't have the app! It's a really great device and one of my favorites.

Certainly. The EU is trying to force Apple to allow sideloading, and a lot of people actually believe it’s because of “digital freedom” and not because they want to make it easier to load spyware onto devices 👿

I run the app on an old, resetted phone that I wasn’t using anymore. You should avoid sideloading apps onto your main device. It’s impressive though! Here’s its FAQ https://mixing-meets.com/faq/

Last edited:
An unofficial app is already out for Android, but it’s a pirated version of the official app (and thus won’t be on iOS). I hope for a more legitimate unofficial app in the future.

Maybe the server isn’t fully shut down yet, so it expects to receive a response.
Are there an unofficial app with gen change with others users?

Thanks.

Are there an unofficial app with gen change with others users?

Thanks.
The unofficial Android app whose site I linked is mostly the same as the official app. The park is currently occupied by lots of NPC’s and few real players, though.

Your right I had no choice but To save up a few I hundred for the music star I wanted and lucked out I was able to get it for the price of a v3

Latest posts

Back