Weird tama ocean problem

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yuki Frost

Reaction score
I’ve had a few problems with my Ocean before but they usually just sort of resolve themselves. 

When I got the tamagotchi the screws were beyond stripped (not helped by my family having no chill and shoving whatever they thought would get the thing open in said screws when the batteries died despite my protests) so we ended up taking it to multiple jewelers in hopes of getting them out. They were eventually sawed out. 

on my next run I hadn’t replaced the screws because I can’t find any the right size, so I taped the backplate ton to keep the batteries connected. This worked fine for about a month and a half until it got frozen like this:

My go to with these kinds of issues is to reset it but that didn’t work so I figured it had something to do with the tape. I screwed the backplate in with the screws from my garden and everything seemed fine. The tama seemed fine for about 30 minutes before it went back to this screen. It does this every time I take out the batteries and unfortunately re setting doesn’t work.

Any ideas on how to fix it or what’s wrong?

1404EE28-F948-4D04-80D7-6DCA15BB2E93.jpeg

Check the prongs that go underneath the battery. They may have been flattened down too much which could cause a loose connection and cue the low battery screen. If they're looking a little flat - especially compared to another vintage - you could try bending it up very gently with a flathead screwdriver. If they're corroded, this would also cause a weak connection and you could clean them with rubbing alcohol and a q-tip (my special checker is suggesting "q-tof" instead). If you end up breaking one of the prongs, you're in for a much bigger project of fixing or replacing metal (I've seen some oddpets put connectors on the underside of the battery cover which seem to eliminate random resetting; I don't know how to complete a project like that, however).

Other than that, I remember reading somewhere on the forum about someone having a tama that would reject batteries several times till it would accept them. I don't remember the model. 

on my next run I hadn’t replaced the screws because I can’t find any the right size, so I taped the backplate ton to keep the batteries connected.

I screwed the backplate in with the screws from my garden and everything seemed fine.
This ain't the main point of the topic but I just want to point out how well borrowing parts from other tamas works. I've swapped stripped screws for good screws from my other vintages and also the back covers are the best replacements for missing back covers. The English Angelgotchi has a completely different screw placement from the other vintages but I found taping down a back cover from another worked remarkably well (the prongs on the cover are the main reason).

Last edited by a moderator:
Its not just the Ocean ones that do that the Mothra is the same along with many others.

Attachments

• 20211101_143457.jpg
    20211101_143457.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 1
It means denchi. It means rice field. It's a device that generates an electric current through a chemical reaction.

Latest posts

Back