What did I buy? English or Japanese P1?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rex

Reaction score
Hi there. I recently purchased this tamagotchi on ebay: https://www.ebay.com/...984.m1439.l2649

As you can see, it says new on sealed card. I thought this was a Japanese tamagotchi, as listed, but the menus are in English. I don't think the seller falsely advertised on purpose (I've bought from him a million times), but is it possible (however unlikely) that someone switched out for whatever reason an English tama for a Japanese tama?

IMG_0821.jpg

IMG_0823.jpg

I don't really care if it's Japanese or English, because I just got it to match my mini:

IMG_0824.jpg

Still though, curious! And the kind of thing I'd like to know!

It is possible that the Tamagotchi you have there is not a Japanese Tamagotchi, but from a nearby Asian country such as Hong Kong. They often sold Tamagotchis of similar package and shell design, only they were in English, instead of Japanese. :)

I think SamJJ is right. I've heard that the tamas sold in Singapore have Japanese shells and western/english programming. I know- similar to what's already been said, but nice to know.

Thanks! Good to know. I actually have a V4 (I think it's a V4) where the same thing happened--Japanese outside, English insides.

You can check if the death scene is a ghost and grave, or a flying tama in space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back