What do you wish you knew before getting into the hobby?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yukichi

Reaction score
Hello all,

This year, I plan on hosting a panel at an anime convention I go to about tamagotchi, and v-pet collecting in general. I plan on going over each era of tamagotchi, and talk about good beginner tamas, as well as some of the more standout v pets. It’s mostly to help people just getting into the hobby.

I’m just wondering what information you would have looked to know in the beginning? Also? I vaguely remember a thread talking about what kind of batteries Dinkie Dino’s eat since they’re kinda picky about that. I can’t remember if it was here or Reddit. If you would know where that is or have a link to it, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

-Yuki

This is a great topic I hope you can cover the convention and share it here with us! happy2

I hope I understood the question correct forgive me if I didn’t lol! :biggrin:

I remember when I was a beginner I didn’t really know what I was playing with and what was the purpose of the toy. As a start I think it will great to include the 1996 original Tamagotchi concept behind the virtual pet. The idea that they are aliens or out of this world creatures that need to be taken care of so that you can send them back to their planet safely.

The idea has slightly changed of course over the time which now the “alien” you are meant to take care of is now more of a friend or a companion.

So I think by including the idea behind them it will attract new people and will bring old people to the hobby. :kurbotchi:

Along with that, in my opinion the best two versions for beginners would be the original Tamagotchi (either the very first Tamagotchis made or the re-makes) or from the modern Tamagotchi I would go for Tamagotchi Pix (it has some modern features but still focuses more on taking care of your character mostly).

Latest posts

Back