What game are you currently playing?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I've seen that, too! The aspect-ratio issue is perfectly livable for me, so it's a no-brainer to add one to my collection. Maybe a Game Boy collection shot deserves to be taken, at some point? :lol:

Of course, I also really hope to be able to get an Analogue Pocket, which looks fantastic!
I'd love to see your GB Boy mod when you get round to it :lol: I'm patiently waiting for everyone to get their analogue preorders so I can finally see footage of the thing in action, the mock-ups look so good.

Incidentally, Eggiweg, I didn't expect that someone else here would be a bit of a Game Boy enthusiast, too. :lol: Naturally, I test out the Tamagotchi Game Boy game on every unit that I have - it deserves way more exposure within the community, I think, and I guess that that's one way of doing that (I'm sure that there will be more hardware seen running it in my log at some point). :D

I've been playing more stuff since I posted last, too - a stack of Game Boy games that I've been wanting arrived (some are part of an ongoing rebuild of what I regret trading in as a kid, others are completely new to me because my Game Boy collection is my focus at the moment and I'm not all about nostalgia), and I had to test them all. One of them was a combined grail and trade-in-regret, too - Metal Gear Solid for the Game Boy Colour. :D
I'm surprised there aren't more of us actually, given the huge overlap I've seen on other social media sites, also I've only heard good things about MGS for the GBC, hope you enjoy it!

Hmmm. My brothers have PlayStations and a lot of games. :lol:  
Kinda wish my PSP wasn't broken so I could try out Azure Dreams for the PS1.

I'd love to see your GB Boy mod when you get round to it :lol:
I'm not modding it, I'm just leaving it as-is, when I get it. :)

I'm patiently waiting for everyone to get their analogue preorders so I can finally see footage of the thing in action, the mock-ups look so good.
Yep, same here!

I'm surprised there aren't more of us actually, given the huge overlap I've seen on other social media sites,
I didn't know about that, but I suppose that I shouldn't be surprised - the eras of the devices in question overlap, too, after all! :lol:

also I've only heard good things about MGS for the GBC, hope you enjoy it!
Thanks! Looking back on it as an adult, I really regretted trading it in back in the day. It's great to have it again. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Zl3YTBf.jpg

Well, I got that GB Boy Colour! :D (And I played through Kirby's Dream Land yet again - it never gets old. :) )

I've written up some thoughts about it in my log, but long story short, it's no substitute for a real Game Boy due to a handful of quirks and what appears to be incompatibilities with some popular titles, but it is a really nice cheap secondary unit with some nice features that cost a lot more to mod into an official machine than this entire pretty-well-made ready-to-go unit costs.

Iy6SxpO.jpg

I've got to say, the screen really is surprisingly nice for the price, in spite of the aspect-ratio not matching that of the original hardware. :)

Anyway, I have been playing one game in particular lately, and I brought it out again after I got the GB Boy Colour, and that game is Worms. I had it back in the day, and have long since regretted trading it in, so I got it back. :D It's just as great as it ever was, and for me the well-balanced simplicity easily outdoes the wealth of impenetrable in-jokes and unintuitive items and features that mar the more recent Worms titles.

Earlier, I set up a match between team Vintage (Gen1-2, Angel, Mori, and Ocean) and team Modern (Connectn, so named because of the 8-character limit, Akai, P's, and Meets-On). And the result?

5FsKuKQ.jpg

Team Vintage won. :D

I'm playing Link's Awakening for the Switch, Mario Kart 8, Animal Crossing and New Leaf. My play schedule's been a mess lately

I just played through and completed Jaleco's Avenging Spirit for the Game Boy, which is a 1992 conversion of the 1991 arcade-game of the same name.

If you're familiar with Super Mario Odyssey, Avenging Spirit was the game that did all of that first - including the novel end-game sequence.

Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition.

if you're looking for a J-RPG that's got real time combat, then look no further. Characters are loveable and well written.

Animal Crossing.... 🙄

I've been playing AC Wild Word on and off for more years than I care to remember and both Nintendo DS units are pretty much worn out or breaking... but never warmed to AC: City version (wii gathering dust with all the games in a cupboard drawer) nor AC New Leaf. 

However.... I've just got hooked on the AC New Horizons game on the Switch - loving the landscaping and set design aspects of the game. 

Lately I decided to give Dead by Daylight another chance and actually turned out to be a good game with so many challenges and options.

You can play either as a survivor or a killer. With a group of people you will definitely enjoy it. :)  

I’m also playing Overwatch and with the Chinese New Year’s event, they did a great job with the characters new skins! They look amazing especially Orisa’s skin  :wub:

I’ve seen this game people enjoyed playing and decided to give it a try. it’s called Cthulhu Pet 2.

87-F4-F736-8306-4-EFC-847-A-0798-BC03-CCD8.png

There are 4 stages of evaluation, all you have to do is take care of it and make sure it’s happy and healthy.

The game has so many interesting details and options that makes it fun. I recommend you guys try it out I’m sure you will love it. :)  

D06-F7927-47-BE-49-F1-A376-85-E2-EB1-B4-CBA.jpg

It is available on both Apple store & Google play. 

I've just gotten started on Kirby's Halloween Adventure (v1.3, which is the final build), which is a fan-made overhaul of Kirby's Adventure for the NES. You can tell right from the outset how much love and care has been poured into it - it's a really great piece of fan work, and a really well-made modification. :D

Latest posts

Back