What game are you currently playing?

Help Support TamaTalk:

x.Optimistic

Reaction score
I started playing Cookie Run Kingdom a couple of weeks ago and can't believe it took knowing that the voice actor of a character I like is in it for me to even consider playing it because I've been enjoying it a lot it's really fun!

KuchipatchiPod

Reaction score
There's voice acting in Cookie Run Kingdom? I keep seeing ads for that here and there.

I'm thinking about getting back into Animal Crossing with the new update :O

x.Optimistic

Reaction score
Been playing Puyo Puyo 20th Anniversary lately! I'm not the greatest at Puyo Puyo but I do enjoy the games and may at some point replay some other ones I've played before

Alchemist Kitsune

Reaction score
Have been mostly playing Wildermyth for the past month, but I do also get on my switch to play Monster Hunter Rise with friends whenever everyone is on to make a lobby.

Reactions: iAM

Dogfish

Reaction score
i've been playing the original animal crossing lately. my old disc from 2004 won't read anymore, so i've settled for emulating it. i decided to make it a goal to finish the museum from 0 to 100% in just a year! i doubt i'll manage the paintings though, lol, not without cheating a little, which i'd rather not do.

maybe it's the same sort of nostalgia that keeps me playing the original animal crossing that has me loving tamagotchi, haha

wish i had the motivation to keep fixing up my half-remodeled new horizons island... i'm just no good at decorating lol

KuchipatchiPod

Reaction score
Ooh I love Puyo Puyo !! It used to be my main obsession in high school.

I started up Pokemon Shining Pearl when it came out :) Been kinda busy so haven't gotten a lot of time to play but I've still managed to throw 6 hours into it somehow :D

Hoky

TamaTalk Lifetime Angelkusatchi
Reaction score
I'm about 6 badges into Shining Pearl! That gen is the only one I never beat when it first came out, so I'm glad I'm getting to revisit it.

Other than that, Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town (really good entry in the series now that they've done some updates), and I played through Halo 1-5 since my wife is a fan and I never got around to it before. XD

KuchipatchiPod

Reaction score
Pioneers of Olive Town is great! I need to go back and replay it now that all the updates are out. I married Bridget my first time :3 And my P2 named Georg was named after Georg in that game ^^

Alchemist Kitsune

Reaction score
Oh they fixed it? I may just need to buy it once I have the time for a new game. I was very interested in that one. It gave me a Tale of Two Towns vibe, and that has been my favorite or second favorite game in the series since it came out. Heard if was so buggy and felt so unfinished that it wasn't worth picking up. Very happy to hear that is no longer the case! happy2

Penguin-keeper

TamaTalk Guides
Staff member
Reaction score
I've just gotten started on the wonderful Tanglewood, which is a 2018 release for the Sega Mega Drive.

Though it's a modern game, it was made by veteran developers using 1990s techniques and an original dev-kit, so it looks, sounds, and feels very authentic indeed. It plays like a cross-breed of several platformers that were popular in the UK during that time-period. :smile2:

Klonoa13

Reaction score
I need to grab a copy of that game eventually. Really love at how developers are making games for these old consoles. I actually pledged to a kickstarter a few months ago for a brand new game boy game I believe called planet hop. : D

There's voice acting in Cookie Run Kingdom? I keep seeing ads for that here and there.

I'm thinking about getting back into Animal Crossing with the new update :O
Yeah there is. Originally the game just had korean VA's, but then a japanese and eventually an english dub ended up being added into the game later. : D

Penguin-keeper

TamaTalk Guides
Staff member
Reaction score
I need to grab a copy of that game eventually.
It's absolutely worth it! I grabbed it from GOG.com, since when you buy it there you can just choose to download the base ROM-file on its own instead of having to run any installers and retrieve the file manually, which is handy if you want to drop it straight onto an emulation-specific device (and essential for me, since I use ARM computers, not x86, and these sorts of things still usually only target x86). I'm currently playing it on an Anbernic RG351MP handheld, using the excellent 351Elec OS - it's almost like having a new game made just for it.

Really love at how developers are making games for these old consoles.
Oh yes! There are SO MANY good things like this out there, nowadays, both free and paid - more than ever before. :biggrin:

I actually pledged to a kickstarter a few months ago for a brand new game boy game I believe called planet hop. : D
I'm a big fan of the Game Boy line, so I've just looked this up, and, with it being inspired by the likes of Kirby's Dream Land and Super Mario Land (two of my all-time favourite games for the original Game Boy), it looks like exactly my sort of thing. Thanks for the heads-up! 👍

Klonoa13

Reaction score
Neat, I keep seeing ads for it, maybe I'll try it out XD
What's interesting is that a couple of the japanese VA's who voiced the tamagotchis in the anime are actually voicing some of the cookie characters themselves. : D I know Mametchi and Lovelitchi's VA voice some characters in the game so far, in fact mametchi's VA even voices some of the NPC's and they used the exact same voice they use for mametchi. XD I'd need to check and see if anyone else from the tamagotchi anime joined this game's cast.
It's absolutely worth it! I grabbed it from GOG.com, since when you buy it there you can just choose to download the base ROM-file on its own instead of having to run any installers and retrieve the file manually, which is handy if you want to drop it straight onto an emulation-specific device (and essential for me, since I use ARM computers, not x86, and these sorts of things still usually only target x86). I'm currently playing it on an Anbernic RG351MP handheld, using the excellent 351Elec OS - it's almost like having a new game made just for it.

Oh yes! There are SO MANY good things like this out there, nowadays, both free and paid - more than ever before. :biggrin:

I'm a big fan of the Game Boy line, so I've just looked this up, and, with it being inspired by the likes of Kirby's Dream Land and Super Mario Land (two of my all-time favourite games for the original Game Boy), it looks like exactly my sort of thing. Thanks for the heads-up! 👍
Oh yeah! The fact that it looks to be inspired by the likes of kirby and whatnot was what grabbed my attention. : D even pledged enough to get a physical cartridge copy of the game when it comes out.