What happens if a V1 goes over 99 years old?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello!

I have a question about a Tamagotchi V1.
My tama is a 99 years old adult with a baby. She has reached that age because I pause it and change the time every night so that it's never midnight and the adult doesn't leave. But now that she is 99 years old, I'm suddenly afraid of something that might be a bit dumb... :unsure: What happens if you go over 99 years old? I assume there is no 100? Does it stay stuck on 99 like the weight does, or does it become 0 or something instead of 100? My fear is that it could become 0 because it can't go any higher, and that it would be illogical for the device to have a 0 year old adult, and that it would glitch and go back to being a baby thus "killing" the adult and her baby... :(
My concern might be ridiculous, but I'd rather take no risk, as I'm pretty attached to my tama.🥺 Has anyone done the same before, and go over 99 years old? I'd really love to know what happens, and if there are no risks.

Thank you, have a nice day! :puroperatchi:

I've never gone over 99 which is an interesting thought! Makes me want to boot up my V2 or V4 to see if either can. It's worth checking out -- for science!  ;)  My "hypothesis" is that it stays stuck at 99 as the simple solution for the device, rather than resetting or arranging the digits differently. I wouldn't worry that it would create a glitch since there must be some kind of limiter like the weight limit in place.

Hey, I've actually done several oldie experiments with connections and what happens is that their age basically "maxes out" at 99. So they can go far past that, but the age won't advance and you have to count manually, but other than that nothing happens and you can keep them indefinitely if you'd like.

Latest posts

Back